510 passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Well, I have been using my USB passthrough for 3 days now. I am very satisfied with its performance. I got it from the Widow along with a short note on what to expect. The note stated that passthrough will not perform at its maximum until the internal battery reached a full charge. That is exactly what I experienced.

I know others have complained about the performance compared to a battery. In the beginning that was the case, but now if there is a difference between the pw and a battery it's too small for me to notice. I'm glad I have it because it will save some battery wear.

Kevin

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
does any one know where you can get spare batteries they are labeled IRC10440 360mah .I think i have a dead battery casing PT not to work properly

Here is a link to one source:

UltraFire 10440 AAA Li-Ion 3.6V Rechargeable Battery 500 mAh CR10440 Lithium Ion

I was wondering about that. Does it help to plug the pass through in for a while when you aren't using it to get the full charge or did you all just let it charge up during use?

Yes it does help to keep the passthrough charged when not in use. If the battery has a low charge level it will not work as well.

Kevin

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Since this 'pass through' is really working off a battery has anyone tried it on a 500 Ma output adaptor to see if that works as well? I know the true passthroughs I have used don't get enough juice on the 500ma adaptors (like the ones used to charge the batteries), but since this one seems to just work off an enclosed battery it seems possible to use the much more common 500 ma adaptors (like in your car).

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
This is the only battery of this size I have seen:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/10440.html

The battery in my passthrough is the same battery except that mine is a 360mn battery and the one in the link is a 500ma. I've not been able to find the 360ma battery. I assume the 500ma will be better that the 360ma. I am going to buy one of these so I'll have a spare.

Kevin

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
This is the only battery of this size I have seen:

UltraFire 10440 AAA Li-Ion 3.6V Rechargeable Battery 500 mAh CR10440 Lithium Ion

The battery in my passthrough is the same battery except that mine is a 360mn battery and the one in the link is a 500ma. I've not been able to find the 360ma battery. I assume the 500ma will be better that the 360ma. I am going to buy one of these so I'll have a spare.

Kevin

The only difference between the 500mah and 360mah is that the 500mah will last longer if no charge is going to it. Kinda like a bigger gas tank in a car but the same horsepower in the engine. So as long as you have your passthrough hooked up to your PC you won't see any performance difference. But if you unplug it and use it to power your 510 while not around a PC you'll get better battery life out of it.

Thanks a lot for the link as I'm going to be getting some of those 500mah batteries for my cigar ! :)

BobW

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
North Carolina
I was wondering about that. Does it help to plug the pass through in for a while when you aren't using it to get the full charge or did you all just let it charge up during use?

I just leave mine plugged in all the time. It's hooked up to a usb self powered hub. The hub is not connected to my pc.
Also my 1000ma usb wall charger and 1000ma usb auto charger came today.
Now I can use passthrough in car.

these 2
ebuyhd dot com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10826&

replace dot with .

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The only difference between the 500mah and 360mah is that the 500mah will last longer if no charge is going to it. Kinda like a bigger gas tank in a car but the same horsepower in the engine. So as long as you have your passthrough hooked up to your PC you won't see any performance difference. But if you unplug it and use it to power your 510 while not around a PC you'll get better battery life out of it.

Thanks a lot for the link as I'm going to be getting some of those 500mah batteries for my cigar ! :)

You know I was thinking about that battery and the passthrough. Unless I am missing something shouldn't the passthroughs with the battery basically act like a higher capacity battery for the 510? It is the same battery as an e-cigar and a Janty Stick. ANyone actually go off-line with these things and see how much life you get before you loss performance? Also so far I have been using mine on a 500ma usb hub and it seems to work fine which is nice since it should work fine on my car adaptor now.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I'm hoping that the 500ma battery will give the PC a little boost. I can't use the PC very long without it going soft on me. I am a little dissappointed in the operation so far. I had assumed that I could vape all I wanted at full tilt. But, mine only lasts about the 30 to 45 minutes then performance drops.

As soon as I get a battery to experiment with I may build my on USB passthrough.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread