510 Passthru Burnt Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaffeineFreak

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
New York
I recently purchased a 510 passthru Joye 510 High Powered Passthruand have found no matter what I do I always get a burnt taste. (PTB, Fluval) Once I switch the cart over to my 510 battery the burnt taste goes away. Not sure if this is a common problem or if I'm doing something wrong on my end. It's becoming extremely frustrating. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Thank you for providing specific information (including that link)! It makes diagnosis easier (albeit not foolproof, at least when performed by a nontechie like me).

Since your atty (and cart) work fine on your regular batt, it obviously isn't an atty or cart problem per se (and there have been a lot of complaints lately about 510 attys with a burnt taste). So it's something to do with the PT and/or how it is interacting with the atty.

That PT is billed as "high-powered" and does not have an inline battery as most 510 PTs do. And in fact it is not a 510 PT, but a 901 PT (with an adapter added by the supplier). It may be delivering up to 5V to your atty (which was designed for a battery delivering less than 3.7V. [Yeah, it's called "3.7" but it's not.]

Your problem may be allieviated by frequent dripping directly on the atty coil, rather than using carts (with whatever filler). At higher volts, an atty must constantly be kept moist. Carts don't do that very effectively. In my opinion, the only really effective cartridge is the cartomizer (especially the newer, more advanced ones, Kr8 or 510).

Also, some e-liquids handle higher voltage better than others. The only ones that are labeled as such (to my knowledge*) are the High Voltage line from NHaler, but posting in the e-liquid Discussion forum could yield other suggestions based on the experience of other vapers.

* not omnicient the last time I checked

There may be something wrong with the PT. If you have a 901 atty, you could see how it behaves on the PT (without the adapter). Otherwise, contact the supplier and see if they can advise or provide a refund or replacement.

Another option: You may want to try one of the HV ("high voltage") atomizers, which really are higher resistance (ohms) to balance the higher voltage delivered by the PT. Officially, those HV attys are for 6V+, but it might work.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread