Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
I was asked by a member if these pen-style lasers could be modded, being up for the challange I ordered a few. So the answer is Yes they can be modded, It's little more involved then the laser pointer mod but not that complicated. They take 2 10440's so I had to cut the shell down and re-install the insides to allow for 1 10440. I cut the top section off (where the pocket clip is crimped on to the shell)and drilled a new hole for the switch button this way I could keep the threaded end cap. You can get these off e-bay for $2.99 each shipped from USA. The black ones had scratches on them so I modded the Blue one (Yea for the UK!!)

New Powerful Red Laser Pointer Pen Beam Light 5mW - eBay (item 230372923452 end time Sep-29-09 21:56:19 PDT)

Cheers

Cisco...

Last edited:

DocBurN

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Montréal, Canada
I have found similar laser on DX for a ridiculous price.. tempting to try because its a beauty

0.5mW Red Laser Pointer Pen (2*AAA)
Stainless Steel 5mW Red Laser Pointer Pen (2*AAA)

Out of curiosity Cisco, do you happen to have taken a picture of the electronic parts (from atty fitting to the switch) when you pulled it out to reposition the switch lower.. Im sure im not the only curious one.

oh yeah, almost forgot.. DAMN YOU ALL!!!:D Look what you have done to me... now im a modding addict and I look everywhere for anything and all I see is potential for modding.. now if I could mod my girlfriend and install a USB+passthrought on the back of her head.. I would probably do it so I can multitask

Last edited:

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
That's beautiful work, Cisco! Was talking to one guy in here who doesn't want a big battery mod so he was wondering about the ability to replace his factory battery while still keeping the factory tube!! 8-o Mebbe if he sees something this nice and sleek, he'll think twice. :thumb:

(And boy you must have a lot of free time on your hands!! You're kicking these out faster than I can come up with new ideas!!)

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
I have found similar laser on DX for a ridiculous price.. tempting to try because its a beauty

0.5mW Red Laser Pointer Pen (2*AAA)
Stainless Steel 5mW Red Laser Pointer Pen (2*AAA)

Out of curiosity Cisco, do you happen to have taken a picture of the electronic parts (from atty fitting to the switch) when you pulled it out to reposition the switch lower.. Im sure im not the only curious one.

oh yeah, almost forgot.. DAMN YOU ALL!!!:D Look what you have done to me... now im a modding addict and I look everywhere for anything and all I see is potential for modding.. now if I could mod my girlfriend and install a USB+passthrought on the back of her head.. I would probably do it so I can multitask

Hey all...just a heads-up, when I clicked on the link for the 5mW Red Laser Pointer Pen and the DX page came up, my McAfee VirusScan caught a Trojan virus (which it deleted). After that, everytime I click on another DX page, my VirusScan pops up the same message. Just a heads up!!!

tdstrike

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
base of the Wasatch, Utah
That's beautiful work, Cisco! Was talking to one guy in here who doesn't want a big battery mod so he was wondering about the ability to replace his factory battery while still keeping the factory tube!! 8-o Mebbe if he sees something this nice and sleek, he'll think twice. :thumb:
I'm looking for someone to put a flashlight in my 901:D

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Hey all...just a heads-up, when I clicked on the link for the 5mW Red Laser Pointer Pen and the DX page came up, my McAfee VirusScan caught a Trojan virus (which it deleted). After that, everytime I click on another DX page, my VirusScan pops up the same message. Just a heads up!!!

Must be your computer TnA, no virus here for that link or any other DX pages.

Cisco, now , will you stop it???

I got 3 of those about 2 months ago and just went straight to my mod waiting list, now, thanks to you I will have to push it up the list, even though I can not vape out of a puny 10440, it will last me like 15 minutes :(

Very nice job Cisco.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Must be your computer TnA, no virus here for that link or any other DX pages.

Cisco, now , will you stop it???

I got 3 of those about 2 months ago and just went straight to my mod waiting list, now, thanks to you I will have to push it up the list, even though I can not vape out of a puny 10440, it will last me like 15 minutes :(

Very nice job Cisco.

Yea, but its got style. I would have no problem vaping off this in any public venue. Much Better then walking around with an Altoids box glued to my face....:D

Cisco...

Last edited:

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
Yea, but its got style. I would have no problem vaping off this in any public venue. Much Better then walking around with an Altoids box glued to my face....:D

Cisco...

That's cute, but we all know that the odds of either of us walking around in public with an Altoids box has the same probability of me waking up tomorrow morning being a black airline pilot with red hair and a peg leg.

I can only imagine that your shop looks like mine, I can't set down a can of pop without brushing a pile of mods out of the way. None of which are Altoids tins at this stage of the game.

Oh, by the way.... nice switches!

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX

Cisco...

That is because you don't like the shock factor like I do when I vape out of my shiny silver heli-vaper flashlight with an 18650 in public.

But hey, I never said it has no style, and that is why, because of you, I have to mod mine NOW!

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Another super job Cisco !! So clean and professional ... You sure you don't have a bunch of Chineese in shop?

Thanks Carlos...No Chinese workers in the shop, maybe some old Chinese food but no workers...:)

I can only imagine that your shop looks like mine, I can't set down a can of pop without brushing a pile of mods out of the way. None of which are Altoids tins at this stage of the game.

Oh, by the way.... nice switches!

I hear ya Jeff....

My wife complains about the small crunchy bits of aluminum I drag around the house all the time...My work bench is not so terrible to look at, I do have to clean a spot when I want to work. The parts are so small when something falls of the bench it takes about 1/2 hour to find it, if I even know what it was that fell....

Cisco...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread