5ml tank carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerh4x

Dec 4, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys. I just bought this 5ml dual coil tank carto today. I was very excited because of how much it holds. I filled it exactly like the lady at the store said, and the videos on youtube said. Dripped some drops into the cartomizer waited, did more, waited, then filled the actual tank. When I went to use it all I tasted was something like burnt wood, so I stopped and waited about 30 more minutes hoping it just needed to soak or something. It's 2 hours later and im still having the same problem. I know the filler material inside the cartomizer is not dry because I can see that it's wet.

If anyone else has had this problem and resolved it, or just knows what to do please help. I've been trying hard to get into vaping and spent a lot of money so far but still have had horrible luck getting where I need to be. :glare:

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Just fought this battle myself. A few things can cause this, but here are some common ones I found while trying to figure out my issue (followed by what I finally found to be the problem in my case):

Even though the carto looks damp, it may not be damp in the right places. Damp filler doesn't burn; the fact that yours is burning says it's dry somewhere.

One thing I found helpful was to give the thing a few quick sucks without activating your PV. When you do, you should see small air bubbles come up from the hole in the carto. That's the air around the filler (the stuff that tastes nasty when it burns) getting replaced by juice. I find 6-12 quick draws can do wonders. It can also get you a mouthful of juice, so don't go nuts.

If you can pop the top off your tank, sometimes pulling it off and replacing it can force the air out through the bottom, too.

If those don't work, you may just have the problem I did: a bad carto. On my first tank, I thought maybe I'd screwed up. No matter what I did, every few drags tasted burnt, and then I'd go through the whole sucking routine. It was really annoying. I never saw bubbles, but wasn't really sure I should. Anyway, tonight I finally got some new cartos, punched one myself and destroyed the first one I tried to punch -- must have poked right through something important, because I managed to turn it into a 0 ohm carto in the process.

The second one went better, and tested out at a normal resistance. And no burning! It's working perfectly. My problem turned out to be really simple: The carto they shipped my tank with just sucked. It was that simple.

slayerh4x

Dec 4, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
It has got to be a bad carto. I have tried anything I can think of but putting the top on to force liquid into the hole near the bottom. I tried that and saw it take in a good amount of fluid, still no progress. The thing that sucks the most is that I put in more than half of liquid in the tank and all of that has been wasted, mostly from it leaking out the bottom when messing around trying to fix it. The store I got it from doesnt open again til after xmas so I guess I'll switch back to my clearomizer until then. Thanks for the help.

Also had one other question. It seems like no matter what type of atomizer or cartomizer I use the flavor is always very weak in any liquid I've used. There is enough liquid going in and all that other good stuff. I even added some flavor concentrate to one of my strawberry cheesecake bottles but still the same results. Anyone have any ideas on that? The only thing that gives me a little flavor is a drip carto where you do like 5 drips, use it then add 5 more. That sucks cause you have to carry a bottle with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread