Status
Not open for further replies.

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
Thanks again, everyone....just cleaned my VEC atomizers for the first time and mission accomplished. Apologies for the brevity but little time to try and find one supplier who has everything I need under one roof.

lol....

sent from my obsolete PC that Bright House Lightning disguises as a new supergamer rig. 73, N8.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping Sam and Norma. I was a 40 some year smoker too. Been off the cancer sticks almost 3 months. Hubby was a hard sell but he too is now analog free.

We started with the small battery vape kits from our local smoke shop. Quickly moved up to a bit better unit but still the low amp batteries. We have now gone to our home made mods and are in vaping perfection. If you are handy you can build one with material purchase at Madvapes. He carries everything you need at very good prices. He also carries e-juice but I have yet to try any of it. Right now I am very happy with several flavors from BlueMist Vaping.

Good luck to both of y'all. I am happy to hear that it is working so well for you both.

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
Yes, age 5 was when my dad bought me my first carton of straight Camels to keep me from swiping his and my mom's; and to keep me from hiding and burning the woods up. I wasn't doing anywhere near a PAD....3 or 4 smokes a day was about all I wanted as well as could handle. The folks said I could smoke anywhere but in the house or in public view. Age 10, that changed to I could only smoke in the house as I kept getting sent home (since 2nd grade) for getting caught smoking at school. After I left enough burn marks on chair arms, counter tops, etc they didn't care any more and it was back to smoking anywhere but in the house and public be damned as far as they were concerned.

This was back in the day of course. All through my Melbourne Elementary School days I'd slip away to Pop's Casbah (teen fast food hangout at the very edge of school grounds)....he sold us two cigarettes and a minibook of matches for a nickel no matter how young you were. It was technically illegal even back then, but mostly ignored. A pack was a quarter in machines and a buck seventy-five a carton....dollar and a quarter on base at Patrick AFB. You could buy them most anywhere without anyone blinking an eye. In the places that didn't sell to kids, they would if they knew you and your parents as it was routine for parents to send their kids to the store for smokes.

I have two brothers and two sisters and I'm the only smoker. I grew up exactly when smoking was "cool." Go figure.

Last edited:

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Congrats on quitting the analogs. Glad you found A PV & juice that works for you. Your XYL also! (see I know some ham speak!)

I looked at your user name & I thought wow gotta be a ham call sign. My father was a ham & dearly loved to talk on his radios, he was a member of the Quarter Century Club. He died 16 years ago. I kept a Heathkit 2 meter rig that he & I built many years ago. Will also have that. He lived in an old house that had 2 electrically outlets (doubles)in each room. His radio room had 16. Thanks for letting me remember Pop.

Hope you can stay off the analogs

kren

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2012
PA
Found this great site and dropping in to say hello.

After 60 years (started smoking age 5) I switched to an e-cig (Joye 510) on 01/06/2012. Wife (also 60+ year smoker) wanted to try it so I gave her my backup 510. Next day both batts went dead and I fired up a Camel while recharging and driving back to the e-cig store to buy another starter kit for her. About a week later I smoked another straight Camel just to try and figure out what the big deal was with analogs that had hooked me for so long....hated it.

Couple of weeks later, got tired of cartridges getting weak, seemingly constant battery charges....bought two more batteries, juice and 510 atomizers and tanks for myself. Last week I stepped up to Boge VEC and am now content with good, strong, consistent hits....of course, had to buy one for the wife. So, that's where we're at now. I've smoked two analogs in the past month; wife dropped them completely the first day, and we're loving the e-cigs. We're doing 26mg USA Mix ("Marlboro") and both immediately discovered we enjoy the taste much more than we ever did our cigarettes.

I'm still in experimental mode due to the search for an ever-better hit and any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated. Wife assumed I'm spending too much money but I showed her the receipts....half of what we'd have spent on analogs over the past month. Benefits: Air smells fresher, food tastes better, no more daily hacking spells, and no more whistling/rattling when we breathe.

Thanks for a great site and think I'll hang for awhile. Regards to all....

Sam

Hi and welcome to ECF. I was born down your way many, many years ago in Rockledge, Brevard County. My grandparents had a small 7 acre citrus grove up in Sharpes. As a kid I watched the rockets take off.

Welcome, Sam, and :2cool: cskent -- Cocoa High School in the house :)
Mom still lives on River Road in north Cocoa, not too far from Sharpes; I also grew up with the rockets (senior class got the day off for the first-ever shuttle launch in '81)
Sam, good to know there is something resembling a local supplier if I get in a bind when I'm down visiting the family!
Best of luck with the vaping!!

doctoronln9

Feb 8, 2012
Tampa
I find now that being around cigarette smoke really gets to me. I hate that smell now. Also burns my eyes pretty quickly. Makes me wonder why I smoked for so long in the first place.

I know exactly how you feel. I only smoked for eight years. Within a week of switching, I was with my friends and had to leave the area as soon as they started lighting up. Even sitting outside near a ashtray sets me off!

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Hi there from..well not really warm Orlando.

If you want to try before you buy and don't mind a trip to Sanford there are a couple of places in the Flea Market. That is where I was first introduced to vaping. My that sounds like so long ago but it was the weekend before last lol

If you are familiar with the warren that is the Flea Market look out for the Gold Alley I think it is. One on each side. There is another store but it wasn't open when I got down there.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Welcome, Sam, and :2cool: cskent -- Cocoa High School in the house :)
Mom still lives on River Road in north Cocoa, not too far from Sharpes; I also grew up with the rockets (senior class got the day off for the first-ever shuttle launch in '81)
Sam, good to know there is something resembling a local supplier if I get in a bind when I'm down visiting the family!
Best of luck with the vaping!!

I was there a little before you, I saw the Mercury launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread