801 vs 4072 atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielwow12

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Hello, Sorry if this was answered before but I could not find a concise post through the search. Can anyone explain to me how to tell the difference between DSE801 and RN4072 atomizers? I have several different ones that fit both my DSE801 batteries and my Janty Stick V2, but have very different characteristics and cannot tell them apart!

Thanks!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hello, Sorry if this was answered before but I could not find a concise post through the search. Can anyone explain to me how to tell the difference between DSE801 and RN4072 atomizers? I have several different ones that fit both my DSE801 batteries and my Janty Stick V2, but have very different characteristics and cannot tell them apart!

Thanks!

Daniel--An RN4072 has a low arch shaped bridge with 4 holes. It runs hotter then an 801 which many people like. The 801 has a higher pointed shape bridge and a lighter draw which some people prefer. IMO the BE112 is by far the best of both worlds--- www.bestecig.com.

Sun

danielwow12

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Daniel--An RN4072 has a low arch shaped bridge with 4 holes. It runs hotter then an 801 which many people like. The 801 has a higher pointed shape bridge and a lighter draw which some people prefer. IMO the BE112 is by far the best of both worlds--- www.bestecig.com.

Sun

Thanks for the quick response! What are the characteristics of the BE112 and do they work with the normal DSE 801 batteries?

Thanks!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the quick response! What are the characteristics of the BE112 and do they work with the normal DSE 801 batteries?

Thanks!

Daniel--nice draw--just right--runs hot enough but not to hot to be a juice hog, a pointed bridge that is lower then others and gives a great hit and the wiring inside uses a much thicker guage---it is a better buit unit all the way around IMO.

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
OK, so I ordered some 4072 atomizers and it turns out they are the high-bridge variety. I already notice I am having wicking problems and having to drip on the atomizer to keep it going ever few puffs.

Any advice for the high-bridge atty?

If you got a high bridge, then you did not get an RN4072 from First Union. The bridge on the RN4072 is low and arched shape.

Sun

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
Shreveport/Bossier City,LA
OK, so I ordered some 4072 atomizers and it turns out they are the high-bridge variety. I already notice I am having wicking problems and having to drip on the atomizer to keep it going ever few puffs.

Any advice for the high-bridge atty?
i would also like to know about this. i just got 801 after using a 510 for 4 weeks and i took a new 801 cart and did the ptb mod and filled it up and after 2 normal puffs about 15 seconds apart it tastes really badly burnt and dry. my 510 has never acted like this. i have been fighting with this thing all day.

Last edited:

danielwow12

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
If you got a high bridge, then you did not get an RN4072 from First Union. The bridge on the RN4072 is low and arched shape.

Sun

I ordered the 4072s from e-smokey treats which were said to be 4072. On the connection end they have SLB BE and some numbers, guessing they are a serial of some sort.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
SLB are definitely not 4072. You have the high bridge DSE801 (SLB) atomizers.

@6link - Flood the atty first and leave it sit for about 10-15 minutes so the wick can soak up the fluid. For some reason sellers are sending the atomizers out without any primer fluid now. The wicks take a while to start soaking up the fluid when they come unprimed. You're tasting burning wick. It took me a while to figure this out on my 801s and 510s.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Wow, I'm getting kind of scared right now. :confused: 8-o :lol:

Many, many "801s" are really RN 4072s, just as many, many "901s" are really RN 4075s. I don't think that is necessarily reflective of any "evil" or fraudulent intent - it is more a reflection of a fast growing market and the fact that the term "801" quickly became the well known identifier for a penstyle atomizer, just as the term "901" became well known as the identifier for a mini style atomizer. Even though there were true 801 penstyles, RN 4072 penstyles, M 201 penstyles, BE 112 penstyles, Joye 302 penstyles, all interchangeable with each other for the most part. And there were true 910 minis, RN 4075 minis ... .

It's no different really than the generic use of the term "xerox" for copiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread