801 (xhaler) atties HV and regular- performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Made my first order from Drew- cartomizers and atty's to try.

The regular 801's both died after 3 days each on my 3.7 Chuck, they were white with fine grey stripes- great flavor but gee.... I want to order more but I'm wondering if my experience is the exception before I take another shot on these.

The HV801 I'm not finding the love for yet; I keep thinking after a week now that it'll break in- resistance measures 5.5 on my ohmmeter; seems like the right spot. I'm trying it dripping to keep it wet; and it makes vapor on the first puff or two then just hot, sorta choking thin airy vapor after that.. sit it down for a few minutes, no additional dripping, and vapor for a puff, then hot air. Or, drip a few drops but still no love.

I'm using tenergy 3 volt lifepo4's; do I have to go to dual 3.7's?

I'm thinking that I may be missing something here and I don't fault Nhaler or Drew- this guy is a boon to all of us and a quality guy and supplier all around. Am I missing something? I was hoping to switch over to HV801's and HV 510's but want to get this right. I'm hoping to get better life in general with the HV's.

Thanks for any help with this!

And, BTW.. the cartomizers are sweeeet!

ericscott

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Grove city ohio
I bought some HV attys from inhale.com to i bought a 801 and 501 and at 6v i wasnt likeing them but when i put them on my box mod that takes 2 3.6volts battys then the 501 atty came alive and i like very well great vapor and troat hit havent had the chance to try the 801 yet so i think there best at 7.2 volts just my 2cents.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
no no no, there are 6v HV Atty's and there are 7.2 HV Atty's... takes a while getting use to them but they rule, try using the cart on your 801 also, and you need to prime it well and if you didnt you may have fryed it, if you did fry it sometimes you can play with the wire inside and bring them back, like I saud takes a while sometimes to get use to these but they kick some real ..... I have noticed that dripping with these will fry them much quicker than using the carts on whatever atty your using !!!! PM for more info if you need it ok

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
You will see a big difference if you go to 2-3.7's.

3.0v's not so good with HV attys.

TY doots and everyone.... sent for some little 3.7's I can stuff into my Chuck- I'll see if that does the trick.

Doots, you think it's just luck of the draw on the regular atty's? All in all I haven't got a klinker yet so maybe these are just my statistical paybacks?

The only other penstyle ones I had with short life were rn4081's.. ran good but brief life.

And MWA, I usually use carts- haven't been much of a dripper, altho I will probably go on a dripping jag one of these days. TY for the input!

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hey Steven,
The 5.2 OHM attys are designed for 2 3.7 Volt batts...The 4.5 Ohm are designed for 2 3 Volt batts...These will give a 5 volt vape...I was discussingthe 801s today with some one and the Primer taste like ^&%&*^%*&^ in those things!!! I soaked mine in everclear Pure Grain and washed and dried them...Then they were OK...But even then it seems the 3 volt batt made them choke me with VERY little vapor and tremendous throat hit...NOT reccomended for 5 and 6 volts...I have new ones in now that are 4.5 Ohm and they are primed with 555 Liquid and they are on my favorite list now...
Drew

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
TY doots and everyone.... sent for some little 3.7's I can stuff into my Chuck- I'll see if that does the trick.

Doots, you think it's just luck of the draw on the regular atty's? All in all I haven't got a klinker yet so maybe these are just my statistical paybacks?

The only other penstyle ones I had with short life were rn4081's.. ran good but brief life.

And MWA, I usually use carts- haven't been much of a dripper, altho I will probably go on a dripping jag one of these days. TY for the input!

I never had attys last long at all on 6v+. I am speaking reg attys.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
no problem, all in all like I said these good HV'S are top of the line for Vaping through and high volt mod, if you like them they also make a HV Atty for 7.2 which is a killer too I use it with 2x3.7 batts and they are killer, one trick to them is taking short hits and not holding the button for to long, this will burn your juice, just use quick button taps on your PV and at the 7.2-7.4 with some really good juice and you will be in Vape Heaven!!

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Hey Steven,
The 5.2 OHM attys are designed for 2 3.7 Volt batts...The 4.5 Ohm are designed for 2 3 Volt batts...These will give a 5 volt vape...I was discussingthe 801s today with some one and the Primer taste like ^&%&*^%*&^ in those things!!! I soaked mine in everclear Pure Grain and washed and dried them...Then they were OK...But even then it seems the 3 volt batt made them choke me with VERY little vapor and tremendous throat hit...NOT reccomended for 5 and 6 volts...I have new ones in now that are 4.5 Ohm and they are primed with 555 Liquid and they are on my favorite list now...
Drew

TY Drew, I'll look at this site and see if I can figger out which is the 5.2 and which the 4.5; Gotta get a few in 801 and 501 configurations!

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Hey Steven,
Drew

Drew

All this talk about HV atomizers. NOW you have a choice between the two but when you first start selling them WHICH ones were you sell the 5.2 or the 4.5?
You didn't have the choices before so I was wondering which one I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread