Xhaler - 801 Center Post Too Short for BE112's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
Funny you should mention that. When I first setup my Xhaler, I could swear that the center post was pushing out of the top of the adapter and needed to be compressed when putting on my 510 adapter. Then, later, when I wanted to try my BE112's with it, there was no longer any springing action and the post was almost flush with the adapter. So, somehow my spring 'collapsed' within the first 10 minutes of use.

So, now I'm wondering if these springs are possibly faulty...

Would LOVE some expert advice here! =]

OK, I am having the same exact problem. It wasn't my atty's!!! Disassembled the switch/ hex nut/spring to get to the spring which was fully compressed. We stretched the spring a little then reassembled. It worked for a bit then just quit working again.:cry::cry::cry:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
OK, I am having the same exact problem. It wasn't my atty's!!! Disassembled the switch/ hex nut/spring to get to the spring which was fully compressed. We stretched the spring a little then reassembled. It worked for a bit then just quit working again.:cry::cry::cry:

Please call me if your still having problems or PM me your number and I will give you a call...732-256-9185...Thanks
Drew

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
It's almost a given that there are going to be glitches with a new product. It's nice to see that in spite of some disappointment and frustration, people are responding with patience and kindness. :wub:

Yes, it's almost a given there will be some issue with a new product.

It's definitely a given that Drew will do whatever it takes to make his customers happy.

Knowing Drew, I'm sure he's far more frustrated than anyone who's run into a problem with the XHALER.

Hang in there Drew, your loyal fans have faith in you. :thumb:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
He emailed the address for me to send them back to have them looked at. I didn't have the heart to call as I feel terrible for the stress he must be under...

I swear it is something simple too, spring, whatever. I still think the design of the mod is great and I know I'll love it. Hell, sitting here contemplating ordering another so I can try the freakin' thing but I wonder how my luck would roll LOL!!

I'm keeping my spirits up!! Just speed bumps and I'm used to them :) Biz owner too ;)

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
That's the spirit, Laurel!:) He seemed great on the phone. Very nice & eager to try & help me. Almost a chatty cathy, lol jk Drew. He said he was very busy but was able to get some extra rest this morning. Good for Drew!

My issue seems to be the spring. I ended up breaking it trying to strech it out. But somehow both atty's are now bad per my hubby. The 901 works sporadically by thumping on it whilst pressing the ignition button. We tried holding one of my 510 attys up to the brass 901 connector & it vaped!!! So I definatley have an atty issue!:D

We will get it all sorted out soon!:thumb:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think mine both have the spring issue too. Also worthy for you to note that the instructions about the caps had a typo. You 'may' have fried the attys vaping at higher volts than you thought. The higher volts you have to press the button a much shorter time.

I'm sending them back tomorrow and will hope to get them back soon...

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
I was only pressing them for 3-4 seconds. IDK what I did. I am a greenie!
I am an atty killer!!! My spring is kinda blackish too. Drew said something might be wrong with one of my 3.6 batteries as it was really tight getting it in. There is a bump on the bottom on one side of it. IDK but help has arrived.:thumb:

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
I was only pressing them for 3-4 seconds. IDK what I did. I am a greenie!
I am an atty killer!!! My spring is kinda blackish too. Drew said something might be wrong with one of my 3.6 batteries as it was really tight getting it in. There is a bump on the bottom on one side of it. IDK but help has arrived.:thumb:

Drew probably told you this but for everyone else NEVER use one of these batteries if is it is visibly defective. You could have a serious problem :evil:

As for you, Miss Atty Killer, 4 seconds is a looong time at 7v! ;)

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Huh, oddly enough one of my batteries looked funny and wouldn't fit in the tube right. I wrapped it up with the Xhalers to send back. I never got to use the battery though, just tried to put them in but too short to make connection so I didn't kill any attys at least LOL!!

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
Drew probably told you this but for everyone else NEVER use one of these batteries if is it is visibly defective. You could have a serious problem :evil:

As for you, Miss Atty Killer, 4 seconds is a looong time at 7v! ;)

But Lotus.... I wasn't getting no vapes & I did make sure I dripped plenty on the atty!

LOL!! Your so funny & such a good helper!!

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
But Lotus.... I wasn't getting no vapes & I did make sure I dripped plenty on the atty!

LOL!! Your so funny & such a good helper!!

You'll be fixed up in no time I'm sure. The XHALER at 5v should kick more than hard enough for most people. More voltage than that is too harsh and loses a lot of flavor for most people.

But then maybe French Pipe Smokin' Atty Killer Angler Women are just a different breed. :oops:

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
I am sure it is something like that. The post was sticking up for me when I put the new one together but not anymore. The aqua never did have the batteries come up high enough to move the pin. I have 2 and neither can I get to work, how's that for bad luck???

At this point I have tried all batty & atty combos. I am pretty sure I have to send them back for help. So sure that I have them wrapped back up (partly so I'll stop F'in with them). I'm just waiting to see where to send them as Drew hasn't got to me yet, I'm sure he's in the weeds!!!

Anyone ever done a return?? Do I need an RMA number?? Do we ship to return addy on shipping label?? I hate to wait to hear from Drew but if I don't get to post office by 4 it won't go out today... Anyone know anything yet??

Well Laurel, I sent mine back today, I just used the address on the return with a confirmation. I told Drew about the problem with the 3.0V batteries not working on my XHaler and he got back to me and said send it back.
So hopefully that was the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread