Xhaler - 801 Center Post Too Short for BE112's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Jorge! Thanks for the post. I am positive my spring needs adjustiment to make the batteries work. I'm not sure I know how to take it apart.

I saw someone post this last night: Can't you just come to my house and make it work??

LMAO!! You are in Florida :)

Kidding, I'm waiting to hear from Drew, I'm hoping there are some detailed instuctions about taking apart, etc. I'm scared to ruin it!!

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
Hello everyone,

I found the solution to this problem it's spring.
If you take the bottom cap off and unscrew the allen range nut you can take off the button by pulling it slowly out.

Then you can pull the part where the spring is at.
pull on the spring to make it longer and put it back, and your problem should be solved.

And for the air flow on the BE112 just cut a small notch where the air holes are at grave a piece with the pliers and pull out that should give you a nice hole for the air flow.

I hope you guys and gals understand my English i know is not very good,

Hope this helps. Jorge

The above sounds like it is the fix!! I'm sure this is what Drew will ahve you do. When you take off that black cap you can see the allen nut. I was tempted to take mine apart to try to help you but I'm skeered as mine is working fine. Just go slow. If you don't like how it's going put it back & wait for Drew. You probably have the other one coming today anyway.:D:D:D

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I saw Jorge's instructions but I'm kind of scared to try it. I haven't heard from Drew yet and the manual doesn't cover taking the thing apart.

I hate to mail the whole thing back to him in pieces after I take apart but can't put back together LOL!! I am hopeful the other unit arrives today and I can confirm battery fit.

Oh I should add that I have heard from Drew, just not with instructions to take apart yet :) He is on top of things!!!!

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
LOL, I just tried to do it on mine. Usually I'm pretty handy @ tinkering,lol. I successfully got the allen screw out and there was a fitting with the spring attached to it but I couldn't get it out all the way to gain access to the spring. I think the button cap on the top of the xhaler needs to be pryed loose in order for it to come out completely. Was a little to scared to go that far. Sorry Laurel:confused:

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
......n this is frustrating. ;-)

The staple mod seems to just be shorting out. I think the outer ring on the 801 adapter is too narrow, and the staple 'ends' hit it no matter how short I snip them. So, no luck there.

And although I appreciate the soldering idea, I dint own a soldering iron and really don't see it as the kind of solution I'm really after. Not a viable long-term strategy. =]

Seems like my batteries wiggle a bit in the tube as well. This supports my hunch that my spring may be squished at the bottom of the tube. Problem is, I can't find a wY to extend it that doesn't seem risky. I'd hate to break this thing in the process.

What a buzz kill.

I have used a small, brass nail (like picture hanging kind) and snipped it down to just fit in the 801 atty hole without going too deep.

Depending on how much thickness you need, you should be able to find a nail that would work.

It does stop up a fair amount of airflow thru that way but the 4-hole attys don't see too bothered by it.

$0.02

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay so I have an update..

Received my other kit and I have a picture from my phone. The batteries are MUCH lower on the unit I couldn't get to work. I emailed it to Drew. It is probably an adjustment issue.

Then I tried the new one and of course it worked with the 801 atty it came with. I then tried the BE112. I had to take the cap off and install atomizer so pin wasn't pushed too high. Then put cap back on Xhaler (someone mentioned this earlier). It seemed to lack airflow so I backed it off ever so slightly and it worked!!!

I 'think' that once the battery issue is resolved the BE112's will work :D SO HAPPY!!!

Umm, okay! I have to run out of office but I'll be testing the Xhaler - hope I don't fog the windshield.

I think we're making progress here!!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay... I take some of that back. After trying a few atomizer/battery combinations I couldn't get the new one to work right either... I took off the lid and the batteries were sitting much further down than when I originally put them in and took the picture.

I'm going back to fiddling with the attys & battys but at this point I can't get either of them going :( I did get a couple puffs off the black one but then nothing and tried a few atomizers, switched to the 3.7 + blank... Nothing! I'm completely out of ideas but I still think it's a spring thing. I do see a spring in both units.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Okay... I take some of that back. After trying a few atomizer/battery combinations I couldn't get the new one to work right either... I took off the lid and the batteries were sitting much further down than when I originally put them in and took the picture.

I'm going back to fiddling with the attys & battys but at this point I can't get either of them going :( I did get a couple puffs off the black one but then nothing and tried a few atomizers, switched to the 3.7 + blank... Nothing! I'm completely out of ideas but I still think it's a spring thing. I do see a spring in both units.

Funny you should mention that. When I first setup my Xhaler, I could swear that the center post was pushing out of the top of the adapter and needed to be compressed when putting on my 510 adapter. Then, later, when I wanted to try my BE112's with it, there was no longer any springing action and the post was almost flush with the adapter. So, somehow my spring 'collapsed' within the first 10 minutes of use.

So, now I'm wondering if these springs are possibly faulty...

Would LOVE some expert advice here! =]

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am sure it is something like that. The post was sticking up for me when I put the new one together but not anymore. The aqua never did have the batteries come up high enough to move the pin. I have 2 and neither can I get to work, how's that for bad luck???

At this point I have tried all batty & atty combos. I am pretty sure I have to send them back for help. So sure that I have them wrapped back up (partly so I'll stop F'in with them). I'm just waiting to see where to send them as Drew hasn't got to me yet, I'm sure he's in the weeds!!!

Anyone ever done a return?? Do I need an RMA number?? Do we ship to return addy on shipping label?? I hate to wait to hear from Drew but if I don't get to post office by 4 it won't go out today... Anyone know anything yet??

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Did he email you?? Did you call?? I've been waiting all day and haven't heard anything... Now I'm feeling like I'm going to have to send both units back and I'm guessing it won't be today since PO closes in less than an hour... Bummer :(

I thought about trying to adjust the spring but the space difference is pretty significant and my mechanical skills not so significant...

I have them wrapped up and ready to mail out now as if I keep them out I can't stop trying to make them work which appears to be out of the realm of possibility.

I still look forward to trying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread