902 Cartomizer Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Great now I have to get another LUX haha. I might need full blown chrome though, like the end of the LUX. :)

Refilled the carto again and its still going strong. Tonight I took a side step though and filled one with Tony's new USA Cherry and one with USA Mt Dew. Both are really good and this is the best vapor I've gotten off of any cherry I've tried yet and I've tried A LOT of them. The flavor is a little different that other cherry juice but in a good way. Anyway, I'll go back to the original carto in the morning again.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Ah, Enery Cow I've tried, but its the new USA Red Energy that I have now from MV. Still haven't tried it because I just ruined my last un-juiced carto and don't have time to mess with a new atty at the moment. First be careful removing the end cap THEN carefully removing the inner o ring. I've been doing both at the same time by putting a paper clip farther down. Well this time it caught the filler and pulled it out as well. I'm going to try that filler in an attt this weekend. So it appears the element in the carto sits about half way up the cartomizer. If the filler is in you can see a hole down the middle of it. Just below that hole sits the element. Also, I've noticed another one of mine had a harder draw. Well that hole was closed up. Using a paperclip, I carefully spread the filler back open in the middle and it was fine.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
So I had to refill the carto I've been using non-stop and decided to throw the atomizer back on with the same juice. I immediately got frustrated because in the past couple days it wasn't upright and I had a leakage mess to clean up. This doesn't seem to be an issue with the cartomizers. This made me lean more towards wanting to keep the cartomizers, but then I tasted the atty and got a strong throat hit. Mmmmm. The vapor is almost the same on the carto as it is with the atty but the carto has a little more flavor and a little less throat hit. There's so many positive to it though I'm still thinking I'll use both with the cartos perhaps being my number one. Time will tell but I felt the need to update again. One thing that minimizes the "downside" of the carto is a manual battery and hitting it a couple seconds before taking a drag. That's really nice.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Garnoch, thanks so much for your comprehensive review on these cartos. I have been going back and forth trying to figure out what I want to try next. I currently have a 902 kit (been vaping for 8 whole days now lol but loving it so far!) I have been getting frustrated with the carts and the need to top them off so frequently. I have tried the blue foam and it has been better, but still seems like it needs to be topped off too frequently.

After reading through this thread I am really excited to try these cartos! I have some V4L cartos (had to get an adapter once I realized they werent compatible, DOH!) and I just cant believe how much longer the cartos last. I cant wait to get my freedom juice into a carto and be able to vape on it all day without the fuss of the carts!

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Tonight will be a full week of using this one cartomizer almost non-stop and its just as good as the first day. That's great news. While getting use to these though, I ruined one carto by pulling the filler out and two of the cartomizers' filler got bunched in the center closing the hole for airflow, making for a hard drag. I was able to help them by using a paperclip to open it back up but didn't get them back to being perfect. I'm going to just chalk those three cartos up to 1st time testing errors. If that continues to be an issue, I may try to snip off a 1/3 of an inch of a coffee stirring straw and insert it but I'm afraid of it touching the element and burning. Having these designed with a more solid center hole might be helpful, but could drive up cost and hey, these are disposable, right? Like I said, I think this was a fluke from testing and I've been careful with my main carto and haven't had even one problem with it. I've gotten use to the differences between it and an atty and absolutely love the ease of refill and the consistency.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Garnoch, I got my 902 cartos today! WooHoo! One nice thing about USPS is the saturday delivery! Now I can vape on my cartos while I try to figure out the best way to clean my attys and carts and get them all set up for next week. I'll get an update on here later today with my thoughts on the new cartos!

Quick update: Filled it with my favorite vape, the Halo Freedom and oh man I am sold on these cartos. TH seems about the same, perhaps a tad smoother. The taste seems much better but I might just be used to getting that blue foam taste (In my rush to try the blue foam I didnt rinse it out). Awesome vapor and I put nearly 30 drops in it. I loaded it up with about 20 and waited about 5 minutes for the juice to soak in and then it took another 8-10 before it looked saturated. No leaking so far so I dont think i over did it.

Also the tips for the carts do fit on there perfectly. Great tip!

Last edited:

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Right, a tad smoother but a little more taste. Vapor is right on though. Great to know you got almost 30 drops. I never tried over 25. Here's a trick to not leak out the other end... rotate the carto and try not to get the juice in the center hole too much. Yeah I love the round tip on these. Its comfortable and makes for crazy easy refills. Nice to hear someone has the same thoughts on it. Let me know what you think about how each drag is consistent right to the end. Now I'm back to wanting to try the Freedom. How would you describe it? I think I'll just go for the Freedom and the Smooth 8.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
So far its been great today. I did top it off the first time before it was done, I was just feeling impatient. Got about 10 drops in it. Later this evening it went dry, and it just happened really fast. So it was awesome right to the end! I think I am going to try the smooth 8 next time I order. The MV Dewy is pretty tasty, a lot different than what I've been vaping. It wont replace my all day vape, but its a pleasant change of pace!

Its really hard for me to tell how much I vape. Weekdays I'm at work, and while I can vape at my desk, I only take a few drags every now and then. When I'm home on the weekends im like a chimney in front of my computer. I should really get a passthru. So far It seems that 2 cartos should get me thru the day. I also enjoy the extreme ease of switching flavors with cartos! Just fantastic!

Oh and grats on the new order. I'm interested to hear what you think of the Freedom and Smooth 8.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I'll let you know.

Yeah the MV dewy tastes great but i do wish it had a little more hit. The Red Energy has an amazing taste, but even less hit unfortunately. I wonder if I got those with a high nic content or added some PG if the hit would be better. The taste and vapor is outstanding.

Well onto day 11 with the same cartomizer. I still feel like I've had to top off more often in the past 3 days and I'm not sure why, but other than that its still vaping just as well. :) I think I even enjoy it more now after getting use to the differences.

Nightseer

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Somewhere in time.
I know on the kr8/510 cartos the stuffing shrinks with constant use and is likely to hold less. Try VERY GENTLY fluffing it with a stick pin around the edges. Sometimes it works/sometimes not.

I'll let you know.

Yeah the MV dewy tastes great but i do wish it had a little more hit. The Red Energy has an amazing taste, but even less hit unfortunately. I wonder if I got those with a high nic content or added some PG if the hit would be better. The taste and vapor is outstanding.

Well onto day 11 with the same cartomizer. I still feel like I've had to top off more often in the past 3 days and I'm not sure why, but other than that its still vaping just as well. :) I think I even enjoy it more now after getting use to the differences.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Day 12 and this thing is just about done I'd say. The element seems fine, but its just not sucking up the juice and I need to refill more often but can't refill as much. There is a downside to all-in-ones, once one part goes, its no good. Its why I buy individual electronics. But for me these more than made it past the point of being cost effective - especially considering the ease of refills and the consistent vape.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
13 days out of something "disposable" sounds really good. If they all hold up like that it would be 2 weeks x 5 cartos = about 2.5 months! Not too shabby for about 10 bucks! I have been using just one of them with my Halo Freedom to see how long it holds up and mine has been really solid so far. This is day 4 for me. Kinda bummed that the sticker started peeling yesterday. I tried to patch it up with some scotch tape, but that didnt last long. Not sure whether to try and keep it on or just peel the damn thing off and be done with it! Its a shame too because MV's logo is pretty sweet IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread