902 Cartomizer Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Which menthol? My main tape is Halo Menthol Ice. Although Halo Tribeca, which isn't menthol, may bypass it. I actually think I did notice an odd taste on the first few drags, but that usually seems like the norm for a lot of cartos and atomizers so it didn't faze me and I don't notice it now. I am getting the vibe these things need to be kept fairly full to not degrade in taste and vapor but I really try not to judge stuff like that too much until the third refill. Although I'm one of those that thinks steeping juice is a myth for the most part, I do believe a cartomizer or atomizer needs a couple days to break in.

Which menthol? My main tape is Halo Menthol Ice. Although Halo Tribeca, which isn't menthol, may bypass it. I actually think I did notice an odd taste on the first few drags, but that usually seems like the norm for a lot of cartos and atomizers so it didn't faze me and I don't notice it now. I am getting the vibe these things need to be kept fairly full to not degrade in taste and vapor but I really try not to judge stuff like that too much until the third refill. Although I'm one of those that thinks steeping juice is a myth for the most part, I do believe a cartomizer or atomizer needs a couple days to break in.

Funny, she vapes Halo Menthol Ice also. After seeing that you dripped 35 to 45 drops i called and told her drip until the filler is saturated. I took a good look at the new carto and what i see is the element cover tube extends to the top of the filler. There might be more filler also. I personally think this is a nice design change because as you said it keeps the filler from closing off the center draw hole. I just wish i could get it to work with my LUX batt. I'll try another carto tonight.

My wife's LUX batt works fine with the new carto. It's just mine. You're right about the center contact on the new carto. It's flush with the threads on the new carto and is raised above the threads on the old ones and also the standard 902 attys. The center contact is the same design as the new sidesho carto. My center contact on the LUX must be slightly depressed as compared to other LUX batteries. I'm not sure how it connects to the battery but it "floats" or moves around as opposed to "fixed" or rigid.

it floats slightly. I've used one side of tweezers to pull some up slightly before. I've done it many times with 902s in the past but one time I pulled it right off and had to throw away the battery so be gentle.

Yea i would be worried about pulling it too far and "bam" there goes a twenty dollar battery. I might raise the contact points on the carto with some solder at work tomorrow and see if i get a connection. I bought five boxes on the new ones so i need to make them work.

"I might raise the contact points on the carto with some solder at work tomorrow and see if i get a connection."

This worked so there is a gap between my LUX battery and the flush center contact on the new carto. You have to be very careful with the heat transfer from the soldering iron(in other words "do it fast") because i could see melting the insulator thus creating a short. Overall a PITA.

One more observation while at work today. I took some ohm readings with the cartos and attys i had with me. The 902 attys were around 2.7 ohms and the cartos were around 3.2 to 3.4 ohms. One would think that's why the cartos burn a little cooler. I didn't have a SS atty with me. I am curious what they would read. This was done with a $2000 HP multimeter so the readings should be fairly accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread