• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A call to arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjct

Nov 10, 2010
Eastern North Carolina
If this is a roll-call, I count for two PV users, myself and my husband. Now. What are we going to do? I suggest that instead of attacking specific legislators or some yet-to-be-identified church group, we select a general statement from one of the threads in the Campaign forum to send to ALL NC representatives via email and snail mail. Emails can come from anywhere; a NC postmark will let them know we are citizens they should respect.

GumbyOG

Dec 14, 2010
WXW, NC
First of all i couldn't verify any talk about banning Ecigs in NC at least not anytime soon and I'm not sure if this is a legitimate reason to start worrying 1500 is hardly enough to convince legislation especially from one relgious sec - besides marijuanna's illegal(for now) and that doesn't stop MILLIONS of people lighting up in NC everyday - i believe congress has a bigger agenda other than healthier alternatives to smoking this is the south after all -tobacco's in our genes

Shihzam

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
NC
I think there are 2 things going for e-cigs in NC and it all has to do with being a former tobacco power house. Even though tobacco money is not AS powerful as it once was it still speaks volumes here. First the anti-tobacco politicians wouldn't ban it since it isn't a tobacco product and it takes money away from Big Tabacco. Second the Big Tobacco companies don't want it banned in case they have a plan to get in to the market in the future.

There are always going to be the small activist/religious groups raising a stink about something, as you know that's what gets them in to pearly gates *wink*. They were here before e-cigs preaching about the evils of tobacco, and you see what happened there, and they will be here in the future petitioning against something else.

Just my thoughts.

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
I think there are 2 things going for e-cigs in NC and it all has to do with being a former tobacco power house. Even though tobacco money is not AS powerful as it once was it still speaks volumes here. First the anti-tobacco politicians wouldn't ban it since it isn't a tobacco product and it takes money away from Big Tabacco. Second the Big Tobacco companies don't want it banned in case they have a plan to get in to the market in the future.

There are always going to be the small activist/religious groups raising a stink about something, as you know that's what gets them in to pearly gates *wink*. They were here before e-cigs preaching about the evils of tobacco, and you see what happened there, and they will be here in the future petitioning against something else.

Just my thoughts.

Anti-tobacco people will want anything "cig" banned..... cig has such nasty connotations, I always use the term PV and have banned ecig from my vocabulary.

There's no place for big tobacco at the PV table.... they're not needed and there's no monopoly or barriers to entry into the market. Anyone can make a PV, ejuice, even an atty.... no one grows their own tobacco.... PV's are a threat to the tobacco co's and of course the tobacco areas will try this stuff.

No one cares about saving your health... follow the money!!

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I just joined CASAA.org because I want to do anything I can to keep vaping legal and safe. I just happen to live in the state's capital too. I've been converted. I don't ever want to go back to analogs. I don't want to die from a tobacco related illness, but I do want to be able to vape if I choose to.

Last edited:

NCVapingLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2009
Statesville, NC
Well as soon as someone figures out what we are suppose to do I know of at least 4 others at my place of work that would do something about.

As a TarHeel PV user myself (and I can't forget my DH), if and when anything needs to be done to help out the "cause", count us in! I also converted my sister and know that she would be willing to help out as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread