• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A cautionary tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I am posting this here because even though the Canada Forum has built up a reputation as a rough and tumble place, it is also home to some very caring and giving people.

Once upon a time there was a young man who told a very sad story to some very nice villagers, it seems he was mugged by a highwayman on his way through the woods to visit grandma and lost her bottle of magic whiskey. These villagers, being great fans of magic whiskey chipped in and donated replacement magic whiskey so that grandma could be happy and the nice young man would be able to take good care of granny.

Little did the good people of the village know that the nice looking young man was actually drinking all of the magic whiskey and sharing it with the HC guys down the road. I think he felt sorry for the HC guys because all of the villagers had been ...... in the bottles marked magic whiskey, but that is another tale for another day. It also turns out that he had been doing this in every village in the province...

Pretty messed up story, eh? Just sayin- sometimes you need to read between the lines, and there is probably a point where once someone has received enough help it becomes easy for someone to turn the village into the magic whiskey welfare agency.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
A certain 'new user' has had all his posts deleted because he was lying and taking advantage of generous people.

I see. What a shame :( Wolves in sheeps clothing are never fun.

EDIT: It appears I have a "love letter" in my PM box from said individual... Abusing this communities trust is NOT cool :mad:

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I see. What a shame :( Wolves in sheeps clothing are never fun.

I like White Horses, but I'm definitely partial to Black ones. Watched Black Stallion again on Netflix the other night.. Sigh! Flashback to 1979.. ;)

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Had a bit of what I felt was unusual msgs back and forth re an old, truly worthless kit I had (I didn't realize that at the time I offered it though - only through testing it). Kind of got my spidey senses tingling.

What I really find intriguing though is ... how the heck do the forum masters and mistresses figure this stuff out? Wow! I'm impressed! Although I must admit that I tried to sign on awhile ago with a new name as I was actually kind of sick of this one and wanted something 'fresh'. Didn't take long for me to get MY warning message, I can tell you! :oops:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
What I really find intriguing though is ... how the heck do the forum masters and mistresses figure this stuff out?

Have you SEEN Sarge's Avi?! Go look at it again. You'll understand. And. don't let Classy's soft looks fool ya, she's more than capable of pulling out a Frying Pan and slammin' you upside yo' head when she has to. Hey C-Dub! :wub:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Had a bit of what I felt was unusual msgs back and forth re an old, truly worthless kit I had (I didn't realize that at the time I offered it though - only through testing it). Kind of got my spidey senses tingling.

What I really find intriguing though is ... how the heck do the forum masters and mistresses figure this stuff out? Wow! I'm impressed! Although I must admit that I tried to sign on awhile ago with a new name as I was actually kind of sick of this one and wanted something 'fresh'. Didn't take long for me to get MY warning message, I can tell you! :oops:

If you want a username change all you have to do is request one: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-how-tos/32395-changing-username.html

As for the other question a lot of it is just from reading posts and receiving reports, we don't catch everything but we try the best we can. I really do love the caring spirit of the community and utterly despise it when someone takes advantage of folks.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well, for God's sake ... now I really feel stupid! That's what you get for not reading through the basic rules of the forum!! 'Changing Username' ... how freaking simple is that? Sheesh. Now I'm going to have to change it just out of embarrassment.

Thanks, Oldsoldier ...

Aww fisherpal, long time no see, almost didn't recognize your new avatar (new to me at least :p ). I would hate to see you change your long lived username, but the good thing about you using the provided avenue of name changes, I will have a reference to what that new name is :)

LGD

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Hey there!! Yes, it HAS been a long time. Good to see an old familiar face ... er ... avatar again! Although I believe it is a little 'beefed up' from the last time I saw it, lol. Yeah, took me a couple of years to get back on the band wagon but it's rocking now! Hope life has been treating you well. And crap ... now that I know HOW to change my username, I can't remember what I wanted the new one to be. And now that everyone knows what an idiot I am, what's the point? Can't get any worse, right? hee, hee.

clim820

Moved On
Jan 5, 2012
yt
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: banned multiple

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario