Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Hi guys, I have just finished completing quite a large survey (which I posted about here) using a new feature in google docs. Initially I thought it might be useful for Dusty's documentary - to have some general statistics but also while I was asking around about securing a grant for tests, I was asked if I had any preliminary data. This survey is completely open and anonymous so it might not be totally useful but hopefully it might prove to be beneficial to someone.

It is quite long (I got a bit carried away :D) and might take ~15mins to complete I think. Anyone willing to fill it out can answer as many or as few questions as they choose. Nothing is mandatory. It is completely anonymous like I say and once you submit your answers, you will be shown a breakdown of all the data entered so far in some clean easy to read graphs and charts. The data is also collected in the form of a spreadsheet. This could be useful for matching things like symptoms to specific flavours that people are using for example.

Special thanks goes out to Kate and Steph2323 who looked over it and tidied up my grammar, corrected my spelling mistakes, suggested some questions and generally helped me out in making it more coherent. Also thanks to anyone else who suggested questions.

Here is the link:

Electronic Cigarette User Survey

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
That is fabulous. If it is ok with you I would LOVE to add a link to my blog homepage for my customers/readers to use!

Let me know if you are cool with this! I will add it by tomorrow!

EDIT: AND I will make sure the other suppliers know of it tonight in our conference call so they can post it if they want AND put it on the association website.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Of course Lacey, spread it around as much as you can please and thanks!

To be totally honest. I'm in two minds about the survey. I would of course prefer to only have it filled out by a certain actual legitimate userbase but this is quite difficult to do as it would mean I would have to collect individual e-mail addresses from people who I know to be legitimate and and send it to them alone. I know people would be reluctant to do this - so having it completely open is the only viable option really. If people think that they would prefer to have it 'locked' - then maybe I could do a survey to a smaller number of particular participants with the same questions at a later date.

Last edited:

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
Hi guys, I have just finished completing quite a large survey (which I posted about here) using a new feature in google docs. Initially I thought it might be useful for Dusty's documentary - to have some general statistics but also while I was asking around about securing a grant for tests, I was asked if I had any preliminary data. This survey is completely open and anonymous so it might not be totally useful but hopefully it might prove to be beneficial to someone.

It is quite long (I got a bit carried away :D) and might take ~15mins to complete I think. Anyone willing to fill it out can answer as many or as few questions as they choose. Nothing is mandatory. It is completely anonymous like I say and once you submit your answers, you will be shown a breakdown of all the data entered so far in some clean easy to read graphs and charts. The data is also collected in the form of a spreadsheet. This could be useful for matching things like symptoms to specific flavours that people are using for example.

Special thanks goes out to Kate and Steph2323 who looked over it and tidied up my grammar, corrected my spelling mistakes, suggested some questions and generally helped me out in making it more coherent. Also thanks to anyone else who suggested questions.

Here is the link:

Just took it. Loved seeing the results!! Hope everyone takes it. It does not take that long and it will be a wealth of information for all.
Stephanie

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Of course Lacey, spread it around as much as you can please and thanks!

To be totally honest. I'm in two minds about the survey. I would of course prefer to only have it filled out by a certain actual legitimate userbase but this is quite difficult to do as it would mean I would have to collect individual e-mail addresses from people who I know to be legitimate and and send it to them alone. I know people would be reluctant to do this - so having it completely open is the only viable option really. If people think that they would prefer to have it 'locked' - then maybe I could do a survey to a smaller number of particular participants with the same questions at a later date.

Well, I hope neither of your minds mind me posting it, too, 'cause I think this is a MUCH better way for the mass of users and lurkers out there to DO something to help than signing an internet petition that no one will pay any serious attention to.

Here's what I posted:
http://e-smoker-forever.com/blog1-frontpage/?p=385&preview=true

5 April 2009 No Comment
DC2K08, of E-Cig News, an intelligent and active advocate for e-smoking, has created a terriffic Electronic Cigarette User Survey to collect data on e-cig users, and our habit. I encourage all e-smokers to go to The Electronic Cigarette User Survey and fill it out. This could serve as preliminary data for later studies, for grant proposals, as talking points for discussing e-cigs with government officials or anti-smoking activists, etc. It’s a thousand times more important for us to start the ball rolling on data and evidence gathering than to sign any internet petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread