A list of DNA200 mods with pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidDave

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2014
United States
www.liquidvpn.com
You mean you bought a Vapor Flask by Vapor Shark that also suffers the same fate as the normal Vapor Shark that have the rubber coating peeling off?

I don't remember where but I heard that the flask had a much thicker coating than the old vaporshark dna 40s do and the flask doesn't peel. I dont know if this is true or not but that's what I heard.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I'm all for lipos as well. My fear is that the people buying them have no clue how to care for them. 3s lipos are extremely volatile when the wrong conditions occur. An 18650 is fairly dangerous when it vents, a 3s lipo can be devastating.
We are fighting for our Vaping rights all over the globe and the batteries we are using are getting to the level that can cause catastrophic results to not only you, but the people in your proximity.
Don't get me wrong, I love where all of this is going, just not the potential for greater liability. If things start to go really wrong and some people get hurt or killed, the legislators will have the Vaping scene dismantled without having to lift a finger.
-EndNervousNelly

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I'm all for lipos as well. My fear is that the people buying them have no clue how to care for them. 3s lipos are extremely volatile when the wrong conditions occur. An 18650 is fairly dangerous when it vents, a 3s lipo can be devastating.
We are fighting for our Vaping rights all over the globe and the batteries we are using are getting to the level that can cause catastrophic results to not only you, but the people in your proximity.
Don't get me wrong, I love where all of this is going, just not the potential for greater liability. If things start to go really wrong and some people get hurt or killed, the legislators will have the Vaping scene dismantled without having to lift a finger.
-EndNervousNelly
Buy a premade Dna200 mod and only charge it from the USB port and you won't have issues. Most of the catastrophic failures you hear about is from people trying to overcharge lipo's or really high amp drains from packs not rated for it. Cell phones have been using lipos for a while now.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
It's not that the term lipo is bad. There are countless number of lipo batteries out there that are relatively safe. When they vent, they produce some smoke, get a little hot...no big deal. But when you have a lipo that can produce upwards of 200 watts of power...they get dangerous. They can do a lot more than produce some smoke and get hot. Now encase them in some metal. Just a little scared for the future of vaping is all. These batteries can produce some very high end power. The more energy and out put they have, the more volatile they become in bad situations. Keep in mind, the lipo packs in these mods are not encased in anything other than the mod itself. If the packs are ruptured they do their thing. The higher the charge, the more volatile they are. At full charge they become very bomb-like.

Like I said though, love where this is all going. Just don't want to see safety get thrown to the side in the name of producing bigger clouds.

tfraley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Seeing that some of you guys ordered the Vaporshark and I'm about to pull the trigger. Do you guys think the Hydrophotic nano coating is worth the money? Does it help? It's basically water protection right? kinda of a clear spray on? Wondering your guys thoughts on it, I currently have a vaporshark dna40 but I have that rubber skin on it.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Seeing that some of you guys ordered the Vaporshark and I'm about to pull the trigger. Do you guys think the Hydrophotic nano coating is worth the money? Does it help? It's basically water protection right? kinda of a clear spray on? Wondering your guys thoughts on it, I currently have a vaporshark dna40 but I have that rubber skin on it.
No. Kinda like car salesmen trying to sell you undercoating spray. Besides, the DNA200 board itself is already conformal coated to be waterproof.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
The DNA200 draws 23a max from a lipo.

Again, catastrophic failures are when the packs are pushed WAY past their limits. Safety is built into the DNA200 boards.
Honestly I respect what you are saying and not trying to be argumentative at all my friend. But catastrophic failures can happen in many different ways. The most common is a battery rupture, and at full charge it's quite impressive. Not in a good way though :(

cimon

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
UK
The DNA200 draws 23a max from a lipo.

Again, catastrophic failures are when the packs are pushed WAY past their limits. Safety is built into the DNA200 boards.

True n only true. Theres one more thing that ppl not talk about (dont know why - its clear as a brand new aquarium). We gonna use LiPo batteries in slightly diffrent way than RC guys. Its NOT drained (not so dramaticly) as RC do. I can tell u more. Lots of peep ar sayin that LiPo is doing EXTREMLY well in e-cig environment. Quick pufs vs RC bashes (5mins n recharge). And 1 more thing (sorry Steve). Li-Po > Li-ion.

Reactions: KTMRider

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
-EndNervousNelly
What are some things to be aware of with lipo safety that isn't the same with 18650s? I've got two mods coming, one with a 1850mah 3s and one with a 2200mah 3s and safety was one of my concerns. I understand don't leave in a hot car, don't puncture basic common sense things but are there any other things that may not be common knowledge that people should be aware of? As a side note I only plan to charge wia USB wall charger/USB port.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
What are some things to be aware of with lipo safety that isn't the same with 18650s? I've got two mods coming, one with a 1850mah 3s and one with a 2200mah 3s and safety was one of my concerns. I understand don't leave in a hot car, don't puncture basic common sense things but are there any other things that may not be common knowledge that people should be aware of? As a side note I only plan to charge wia USB wall charger/USB port.
Don't use it in a hot tub?

I charge my DNA200's via USB overnight. The board has a cut off so once it reaches 4.2v, it stops. There's also an option to prolong lipo pack life by charging to 4.1v (Under Mod tab> Charging Mode: Maximize Recharges in Escribe)

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
No my friend, don't take what I'm saying as fear mongering. Use your device and feel safe with it. Just treat it with care and it will be good to you. Only thing I can think of as an extra precaution, is if you happen to drop it, make sure the aluminum case is still in tact and not pushed in on the battery. The lipo packs in these things are soft packs and basically only encased in tape and aluminum style foil. If the mod dents in on the battery or the battery gets banged pretty hard inside the mod, it can cause the lipo to rupture. It might not vent immediately or at all. Just standard precautions my friend.

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Also, get a mod that uses metal for the enclosure. Something strong enough to protect the battery from drops and such. I wouldn't trust a flexible nylon enclosure at all. It can be dropped and crush the lipo but return back to its normal shape while the battery inside suffered major damage. The enclosure appears to be fine but add an amp draw to the battery and boom, inches from your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread