A list of DNA200 mods with pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
A thread with a list of dna 200 devices. Please add devices, but keep the comments to a minimum. I'm posting this because I want a DNA200 device, but I cannot navigate the current thread.

The links may or may not be the manufacturer links, but that's mostly because the manufacturers haven't posted them anywhere but social media. I posted what's easily searchable. Let me know if I should update something.

EDIT: Sorry about the formatting. Didn't realize it would post pics instead of links to pics. Isit really bad? Maybe I'll fix it but have to do some work.

Opus 200 - Opus 40 -
3 cell, 11.1V, 30-50C Li-ion

26ba9d_3bac05bcebd34e228b6357402622bb45.jpg_srz_p_245_542_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Cloudmaker Whiteout -
Whiteout DNA - Cloudmaker Technologies

Vapor Shark -

Vapecige VTbox 200 -http://Vapecige VTbox 200 Authentic DNA 200 Temperature Control VW Box Mod Black
authentic_vapecige_vtbox_200_-_dna_200_temperature_control_vw_variable_wattage_box_mod_black_2_.jpg

HCigar VT - Original Hcigar VT 200 200W TC Mod-174.00 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Hana Modz -

Lavabox - LAVABOX - Box Mod e-Cig - VOLCANO e-Cigs - 30mm x 46.7mm x 95mm
lavabox-think.gif

Protovapor XPV DNA200D - XPV DNA-200D | Protovapor.com
191x300xxpv200-1-191x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.n6aom_PTsm.jpg

Last edited:

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
I think that picture of the Opus does it no favors, I wanted to post this for anyone looking, lol. Understanding that was the picture provided by Opus and easily accessible, but I don't think the one with the goldish buttons is representative of what most people have.

Also! It comes in blue now!

It'd be great if you could get the dimensions of each as well. I can help.

Attachments

• OPUS200-2.jpg
    OPUS200-2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,350

LiquidDave

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2014
United States
www.liquidvpn.com
I think to many people were complaining about it not having a DNA 200. I am not a huge twisted420 fan. He does some shady stuff, but if that mod comes out with that big of a lipo, a DNA 200 and they redesign that fugly shell I would buy it.

I am really sick of these manufacturers lying about their Lipos. The Hanna Modz DNA v200 up until recently said it came with a 2850Mah Lipo. I almost ordered it but it was their pre-production model so I decided to wait until their production model went up. I am glad I did because they changed their battery specs to include 950mah 11.1v 3s

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I think to many people were complaining about it not having a DNA 200. I am not a huge twisted420 fan. He does some shady stuff, but if that mod comes out with that big of a lipo, a DNA 200 and they redesign that fugly shell I would buy it.

I am really sick of these manufacturers lying about their Lipos. The Hanna Modz DNA v200 up until recently said it came with a 2850Mah Lipo. I almost ordered it but it was their pre-production model so I decided to wait until their production model went up. I am glad I did because they changed their battery specs to include 950mah 11.1v 3s
An 11.1v 3s 950 mAh lipo is roughly equivalent one 3.7v 2850 mAh battery.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

LiquidDave

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2014
United States
www.liquidvpn.com
An 11.1v 3s 950 mAh lipo is roughly equivalent one 3.7v 2850 mAh battery.

Yea, I understand its roughly equivalent but its not a 2850MaH 3 cell lipo it is a 950 3 cell lipo. They are misleading people about the battery because they know a lot of people are looking for a mod with a larger battery than the 1000Mah that is standard on mods like the cloudmaker and opus. I have an opus (I love it, its my favorite mod) but I want a 2nd DNA 200 device with a larger battery for when I need power for all day and all night.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California

Hana changed it after it was noted on the Evolv Early Adopter's Forum that some manufacturers are listing inflated LiPo specs by combining the mAh rating for the 3 cells that are in series. This is a bogus way of listing LiPo mAh ratings and to its credit Hana quickly made the change within a matter of hours of the discussion. Ginger Vaper/Boxer is still doing this and as a result I won't buy anything from them. It is intentionally misleading and designed to make consumers think they are getting something they aren't. It also unfairly puts honest manufacturers at a distinct disadvantage from a marketing perspective. If a manufacturer wants to list the combined mAh of the series cells, the honest thing would be to give the legit series mAh spec and then state that it is approximately equivalent to a 3.7V battery of X mAh, where X is the combined series cell total.

LiquidDave

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2014
United States
www.liquidvpn.com
Hana changed it after it was noted on the Evolv Early Adopter's Forum that some manufacturers are listing inflated LiPo specs by combining the mAh rating for the 3 cells that are in series. This is a bogus way of listing LiPo mAh ratings and to its credit Hana quickly made the change within a matter of hours of the discussion. Ginger Vaper/Boxer is still doing this and as a result I won't buy anything from them. It is intentionally misleading and designed to make consumers think they are getting something they aren't. It also unfairly puts honest manufacturers at a distinct disadvantage from a marketing perspective. If a manufacturer wants to list the combined mAh of the series cells, the honest thing would be to give the legit series mAh spec and then state that it is approximately equivalent to a 3.7V battery of X mAh, where X is the combined series cell total.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Reactions: GeorgeS

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yea, I understand its roughly equivalent but its not a 2850MaH 3 cell lipo it is a 950 3 cell lipo. They are misleading people about the battery because they know a lot of people are looking for a mod with a larger battery than the 1000Mah that is standard on mods like the cloudmaker and opus. I have an opus (I love it, its my favorite mod) but I want a 2nd DNA 200 device with a larger battery for when I need power for all day and all night.
I believe it's more about highlighting that the battery capacity is more than what most people would think when they see 950 mAh. Still, I agree that, technically, it's false advertising.

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
how did they change the design and there chip preference from the (the snowwolf one) to DNA 200 in this short time while they tock ages to engineer it in the first place. I guess fear of clones coming out gives you a lot of will power.

:matrix: clons are coming
Pretty simple.

Designs constantly change. the original was just too complicated and "weird" and it probably cost a .... ton to make it like how it was originally designed. No biggie.

He was always talking about a potential DNA 200 model.

the chinese screwing him over with producing the enclosure probably made him reconsider using china. I mean if you have to make the enclosure in the US then you might as well use an american chip. Hell wouldn't be surprised if the same factory that made the snow wolf chip was the one making the enclosure.

Liking the design is purely subjective. I personally LOVE the look of it. it's finally something different than square box with the the same button config. I applaud him and red dragon(right?) for making something unique looking. I personally think the boxer mods look utterly and utterly ugly.

Ofcourse we will see if he can keep the cost under 200 bucks. but honestly a DNA 200 mod with a huge MAH rating with a unique design for like 160 bucks is a deal. And honestly that enclosure has plenty of space for a huge lipo or parallel Lipos. I mean as far as I know wiring lipos in parallel works perfectly fine with the DNA qo getting 8000mah worth of battery is completely possible.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Hmm that's quite nice. Do you already have yours? Which switch did you order? Can you tell if the lipo can be replaced?
I haven't gotten mine yet. Ordered almost 3 weeks ago. Though Paul, the guy who makes them, was in the hospital and the shipment of batteries they were supposed to get was delayed. The batteries they use were custom made for the mod so I doubt they're user replaceable, although with 1850mah I doubt you ever would need to replace it. They keep everyone updated on what's going on via their facbook group. I contacted Paul and he said my order should ship M/T of this week but I haven't gotten a tracking number but from the looks of it a few haven't gotten numbers but still got their mod, we'll see.

EDIT: I ordered silver with the 12mm tactical switch.

LiquidDave

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2014
United States
www.liquidvpn.com
Pretty simple.

Designs constantly change. the original was just too complicated and "weird" and it probably cost a .... ton to make it like how it was originally designed. No biggie.

He was always talking about a potential DNA 200 model.

the chinese screwing him over with producing the enclosure probably made him reconsider using china. I mean if you have to make the enclosure in the US then you might as well use an american chip. Hell wouldn't be surprised if the same factory that made the snow wolf chip was the one making the enclosure.

Liking the design is purely subjective. I personally LOVE the look of it. it's finally something different than square box with the the same button config. I applaud him and red dragon(right?) for making something unique looking. I personally think the boxer mods look utterly and utterly ugly.

Ofcourse we will see if he can keep the cost under 200 bucks. but honestly a DNA 200 mod with a huge MAH rating with a unique design for like 160 bucks is a deal. And honestly that enclosure has plenty of space for a huge lipo or parallel Lipos. I mean as far as I know wiring lipos in parallel works perfectly fine with the DNA qo getting 8000mah worth of battery is completely possible.

It will be over 300.00 at least because of the size of the battery and small # being produced. Having a box is not ideal either but that thing does not look comfortable to hold in the least bit. That is what I care about. Something that is comfortable to hold and stable when set down.

I haven't gotten mine yet. Ordered almost 3 weeks ago. Though Paul, the guy who makes them, was in the hospital and the shipment of batteries they were supposed to get was delayed. The batteries they use were custom made for the mod so I doubt they're user replaceable, although with 1850mah I doubt you ever would need to replace it. They keep everyone updated on what's going on via their facbook group. I contacted Paul and he said my order should ship M/T of this week but I haven't gotten a tracking number but from the looks of it a few haven't gotten numbers but still got their mod, we'll see.

EDIT: I ordered silver with the 12mm tactical switch.

So then they are not in stock? The website says they are in stock. The reason I asked about the battery being replaceable is because I expect the DNA 200 in general to last beyond the life of the battery. It is such a great board that is so customizable that I do not really see any reason why it won't be relevant in a year or longer. Plus in case the government decides to screw us it would be nice to be able to purchase a new battery for your mod.

Reactions: peterforpats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread