The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A little device that adds functionality for Juul

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Maggie_Topchances, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Maggie_Topchances

Maggie_Topchances Full Member

Feb 27, 2012
    China
    Hi, I've been using the JUUL kit for a couple months now, it's a great pod system, but I always wanted to have some more features add to the device like qi wireless charging since carrying a charging adapter is so annoying. Also I am always wandering how much amount of nicotine I've consumed in the real time. Wouldn't it awesome if the device can measure how much amount I consumed and transmit the data to my cell phone? The most important thing is the device must be tiny enough to fit juul kit itself and once I put it on I wouldn't feel it's getting bulk. What do you guys think this idea?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I think you think it sounds useful... To you. It's not something I would need.

Are you hoping someone will make such a device:? Because I don't know of one.

One may exist (maybe) but I'm mainly interested in the sociopolitical aspects of the Juul, not in improving it's functionality. From a market share perspective it works fine.

You could contact the manufactures IDK.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  3. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Sorry mate, I'm not catching the "vibe"
    Do you mean the charging adapter that is the same size as an extra pod? THAT is annoying?

Why? Smoking is dangerous, nicotine...not so much. Do you also need a device to tell you how much caffeine you consume in your tea/coffee in real time?
    IMO: Juul is a $20 disposable toy...Use, kill, toss. REPEAT.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Juul users are like Apple users. They exist in a fairy tale world where competition does not exist. They are proud to pay for expensive hardware with a short life that uses proprietary connectors and is not intended to be user serviceable. Not my style.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  5. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I'm too poor to use a juul and luckily have no desire for a device with disposable pods. Expensive pods. That don't even come in a flavor I like.
    Good luck to you. I'll just stick to my squonks. They hold alot more liquid than a juul pod.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I have a rough guess about how much juice I use because I know how much my bottles hold, and how often they’re empty. Some people want more precise data I guess.

You could get yourself a mod with a puff counter, precisely measure the juice you put in the atty, and calculate how much juice per puff.

You could do further math acrobatics and determine how much nic you’re using, and other ingredients, if you like.

Before technology- way back in the dark ages when I was growing up- we had to do everything manually like that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I remember that! It was called math.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Yeah, I remember, not very fondly. I remember searching for information, reading for hours. And now it’s just google and done. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I've recently ventured into the realm of pod systems. In terms of slick design and user operability they are pretty good, however the the performance is disapoint. I'm having a much better time with my Vladdin and a DIY 38mg lime juice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The not so good old days...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Maggie_Topchances

Feb 27, 2012
    China
    You are right, the adapter itself is not huge in size, but I think it would be nice if it is in one piece so I don't need to carry around. For the nicotine amount, sometimes I am just being curious like I always wanna know how much nicotine did I just consumed? Maybe it's just me..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maggie_Topchances

Feb 27, 2012
    China
    Yea that's a good algorithm

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lordron's_Drag

Lordron's_Drag Super Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    This is why I refer to my sister seeing the world through versache glasses iPhone juul macbook. I have a 30 dollar phone 30 dollar a month plan. Beater car, laptop from 2006 highly modified BTW. At the end of the ask yourself does it work then why the .... are you complaining

• Like Like x 1
  14. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I recently won a pod in a contest here. I was intending to give it to someone but I decided to try it. At first I didn't like it at all. Well I did like some aspects of it; like it being refillable, adjustable air flow, replaceable coil heads, being rechargeable, and definitely its small size and light weight. The one thing I didn't care for at all though was that the coil was only 1 ohm, and since the device was neither VV or VW, 1 ohm was too hot for me. I changed the way I used it, lowering my 'toke time' to 1-3 seconds instead of the 5-8 seconds I use with my other devices. After 2 or 3 days, I began to like this thing, the flavor and vapor production being so good sorta surprised me, and my mind went into recommend mode instead of give away mode. It is a GTRS Loco that I got from HeavenGifts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Not so bad days. In those days, people knew how to do math.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

Juul pods are so expensive that you CAN'T loose the count of how many of them you have used...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Guess I'm going Mac shopping tomorrow. :)

18. GOMuniEsq

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    You're a Juul user? Perhaps you can help me with something. I posted a similar comment on Youtube and got this response:
    Is there something distinctive about a Juul hit that no other pod system can replicate?

• Like Like x 2
  19. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I am an ex-smoker (45 years) and was a dual user for almost six years. I finally gave up smoking completely when I got a Juul. It works best for knocking down my cigarette cravings. The Juul is not, and will never be, my only or primary vaping device, but when I want a cigarette, I grab a Juul - usually first thing in the morning or after dinner.

Short answer: It helps me to not smoke.

I hope that doesn't make me a pretentious fan-boy. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. GOMuniEsq

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    If it's your go-to vape for that first puff of the day that's a strong testament to its effectiveness. I've been questioning my kneejerk disdain for Juul. Maybe teens like it not because they're all mindless sheep but because it's the most effective device that's easily obtainable for them.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.