Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Im looking for a vehicle that matches the gas mileage of a Smart car, that looks like a Lamborghini, and has the power of a P-51D fighter plane too ;)

juul is in its own class... its gonna be a while before anyone else can match it or find a way around the Patent.... :)

be happy you didnt have to start with a Blu...

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Im looking for a vehicle that matches the gas mileage of a Smart car, that looks like a Lamborghini, and has the power of a P-51D fighter plane too ;)

Juul is in its own class... its gonna be a while before anyone else can match it or find a way around the Patent.... :)

be happy you didnt have to start with a Blu...
Lol I like your style. You might be right brotha. I'll know soon. Im curious have you ever tried the Baton v2 or the Suorin Drop?

Reactions: stols001

GaG8tor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Acworth, Ga. United States
My wife uses a Juul and loves it. I’ve tried it but it doesn’t really give me the vapor production I’m looking for. About a week ago my mech exploded on me. She had a Juno kit that she bought for me as a stocking stuffer and gave it to me. I absolutely love it I get the same hit as if I were smoking a cigarette and the flavors are amazing. I’m really looking into these refillable pod systems and probably gonna give the Smok Novo a try. My only gripe with the pre filled pods is that they’re about 5 bucks apiece for roughly 1 ml. I have a Joyetech Exceed D19 that I really like too. It’s pretty small and comes with a 2 ml. tank. As well as a 1.2 and a .5 ohm coil for thicker juices. I’m gonna try some salt nic with this setup and the 1.2 ohm coil. For me I feel the salt is where it’s at. If you haven’t tried it I would highly recommend the Juno.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
My wife uses a Juul and loves it. I’ve tried it but it doesn’t really give me the vapor production I’m looking for. About a week ago my mech exploded on me. She had a Juno kit that she bought for me as a stocking stuffer and gave it to me. I absolutely love it I get the same hit as if I were smoking a cigarette and the flavors are amazing. I’m really looking into these refillable pod systems and probably gonna give the Smok Novo a try. My only gripe with the pre filled pods is that they’re about 5 bucks apiece for roughly 1 ml. I have a Joyetech Exceed D19 that I really like too. It’s pretty small and comes with a 2 ml. tank. As well as a 1.2 and a .5 ohm coil for thicker juices. I’m gonna try some salt nic with this setup and the 1.2 ohm coil. For me I feel the salt is where it’s at. If you haven’t tried it I would highly recommend the Juno.
I appreciate the info about the Juno but that is not a refillable pod system which is what I'm looking for. Also if your looking for something refillable that smokes like a cigarette do not get the Smok Novo! Trust me that's not the one. Its better for DTL hits.

Im getting very close to trying out another device and I think my next one is gonna be the Baton v2. I think there about to have a black Friday sale. I wanted to make sure I did a few weeks of research before I risk blowing my money on another one again and this sounds like the one right now. I didn't forget about what you guys said about the Suorin Drop. Thats number two on my list right now if the Baton doesn't work out. Im not stopping until I find what im lookin for. Thanks guys I'll keep you posted

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You might like it. I've heard complaints about the pods.

IDK though, I've heard complaints about MOST pods, maybe it will do the trick for you. There seem to be some folks that like it. At some point, you are going to have to jump to another pod.

It just is like, well, there is not going to be any sort of 1:1 convergence of "Juul" to something else. This is also true for tanks, no too vape the same, so you are just going to have to prioritize, and try to find the next best thing. Although the FDA seems heavily invested in the Juul, we don't yet have a "generic Juul" and even then.... Probably wouldn't turn out the same.

If I really like something I am prepared to pay for it but prefilled pods are a bit much for me to stomach, honestly. Etc. So, I do get your desire. Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Whiplash

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
You might like it. I've heard complaints about the pods.

IDK though, I've heard complaints about MOST pods, maybe it will do the trick for you. There seem to be some folks that like it. At some point, you are going to have to jump to another pod.

It just is like, well, there is not going to be any sort of 1:1 convergence of "Juul" to something else. This is also true for tanks, no too vape the same, so you are just going to have to prioritize, and try to find the next best thing. Although the FDA seems heavily invested in the Juul, we don't yet have a "generic Juul" and even then.... Probably wouldn't turn out the same.

If I really like something I am prepared to pay for it but prefilled pods are a bit much for me to stomach, honestly. Etc. So, I do get your desire. Good luck,

Anna
Thanks Anna. Ive heard the same thing about the Baton v2 pods. I heard they leak but its not from the bottom which is the worst type. Theres some leakage at the top but they said they were gonna fix the problem. Im willing to put up with a little leaking if the device does what I want it to do. Pretty much all the pods I've tried have at least a little bit of leaking or spit back sometimes.

Your 100% right, I know that no other device is gonna be identical to the Juul. I just want to find something similar enough that satisfies me. Than once I find my device I still need to find a juice I love. Im looking for a Tobacco juice that tastes like a high quality cigarette. I already know that trying to find that is gonna be much more of a nightmare than finding a device. They dont make this crap easy. I just bought I love Salts Classic Tobacco to try out and its freakin nasty. I wish there was a site that sold a bunch of 1ml samples of anything I wanted so I can try like 20 juices for cheap. It is what it is, This is gonna take a while to figure out.

I just ordered the Baton v2 online with there Southern Leaf juice to try out. There having a black Friday sale right now for $25. I'll let you guys know how it is when it comes in.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I've tried a bunch trying to match the Juul Virginia tobacco - most were horrible to me, lots of perfume mixes out there. Mr Satl-E tobacco was acceptable, but the best match I found was a make it yourself solution.
50/50 salt nic base from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers flavored with a 15 to 20% mix of NET extract from Stixx Mixx. The Juul pods will refill fine for five or six refills. Really brings the cost down to dirt cheap levels this way. Making your own like this is really cheap and reusing the Juul pods instead of just tossing them takes advantage of something you already have.

One last bit of advice - check out the OVNS JC01 battery.
Really tiny 400mah battery compatible with Juul pods.
Very pocket friendly and handy when I know I won't be near a USB port to charge my Juul.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Very pocket friendly and handy when I know I won't be near a USB port to charge my Juul.

Have you tried the OVNS JC01 pods that are 1.5 Ohm ceramic? How was the performance and longevity compared to the Juul pods?

ustaadvapes

Nov 24, 2018
I bought my juul a couple months ago and I loved it. It got me to quit cigarettes. The thing that kind of annoyed me though was that it gave inconsistent hits sometimes and the pods weren't refillable. I than began looking for a refillable pod device. I didn't think it was gonna be this hard to find a device that works for me but its turning out to be a freakin nightmare. Ive bought four devices and I'm not completely satisfied with any of them. Heres the devices I bought and my thoughts on them.

1. Myle > The device itself is beautiful and no leaks. The draw it too airy though and you have to struggle to get a good throat hit. The flavor is also not good enough and doesn't linger nearly as good as the Juul.
2. Infinix > I was really excited when I bought this device cause everyone on youtube was talking about it being great. My thoughts are that it gives a really great throat hit but the flavor is very disappointing. As soon as you blow out the vapor the flavor is gone immediately. No lingering flavor at all. The draw is a little loose too compared to the Juul.

3. Novo > The Novo is a very interesting device. The draw is the loosest out of these four but it has the best flavor. It lingers too for a while. The mouth to lungs put out a huge amount of vapor but you don't get that satisfying throat hit that the juul has. I think because of how airy the draw is you don't get that strong powerful concentration of flavor and vape that the Juul delivers. The Juul's flavor comes on strong and immediate and after you exhale that flavor lingers for a while which is what I like. You can make no mistake of the flavor of what you're vaping. I can see though why a lot of people love the Novo. If I had to pick I would say the Novo is the best out of these four. I tried a few times to do direct to lung hits off it and its exceptional. Feels like your freakin drinking the juice. I do mouth to lung though and I think the Juul is better.

4. Vladdin > I kept hearing people online talk about the draw being cool or warm. I didn't understand what that meant until after I bought the Vladdin. The draw on this is cool and im not really into it. It gives a very different flavor than other devices and it makes the flavor too subtle. Hitting the Juul after this is night and day and I can see why people online describe the flavor as muted. Another thing I don't like about this is that you have to struggle a little bit too much to get a good throat hit. You have to hit it slow and long or else your not satisfied. If you try to take quick strong hits like the infinix your not gonna be happy at all with the throat hit. If this company can find a way for this to be more powerful and hit warm than I can see this maybe being one of the best devices on the market. You do really get some good flavor but its a different type of flavor its find of hard to explain.

Just to be clear when I ran my tests I used the same juice in all these devices including the Juul. I refilled different Juul pods with juice I have. The main flavor I've been running is I Love Salts Spearment Gum. Im getting frustrated wasting all this money on devices that aren't as good as the Juul for mouth to lung. I don't know if I should try buying another device or if I should just stick with my Juul and call it a day for now. I really love Juul's classic menthol so if I have to only use the Juul it won't be the end of the world. I would probably refill the pods some of the time to switch it up.

Incase anyone is not clear im looking for a refillable pod device that hits warm like the Juul. I want it to be a pen type shape like the devices I listed above. I need a strong throat hit that takes minimal effort and I need Strong intense lingering flavor which is how I describe the Juul. The only other devices I can think of that might work is the Baton, Rubi, or Kwit Stick. From what I read online im not extremely confident on any specific one to try. Fyi I do not vape a huge amount so money spent on pods and juice have nothing to do with my decision. I just want something refillable that I can enjoy as much as the Juul. Anyone confident on something that would work for me? Thanks guys View attachment 778891 View attachment 778891

Hi,
Have you tried the Clic yet? Heard thats a better replacement for the juul and lesser costwise.

In my opinion and on what i have tried it is Vladdin, it worked for me. And if u r willing to try then go for the mtl tanks, like the salt mtl rta or the ehpro true mtl rta with low strenght nic salts

• Useful

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Have you tried the OVNS JC01 pods that are 1.5 Ohm ceramic? How was the performance and longevity compared to the Juul pods?

I haven't even tried the pod that came with it. I've got a boatload of Juul pods, so I've only been using those.

Reactions: smoked25years

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
I've tried a bunch trying to match the Juul Virginia tobacco - most were horrible to me, lots of perfume mixes out there. Mr Satl-E tobacco was acceptable, but the best match I found was a make it yourself solution.
50/50 salt nic base from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers flavored with a 15 to 20% mix of NET extract from Stixx Mixx. The Juul pods will refill fine for five or six refills. Really brings the cost down to dirt cheap levels this way. Making your own like this is really cheap and reusing the Juul pods instead of just tossing them takes advantage of something you already have.

I just book marked the Stixx Mixx juice. Thanks for the heads up on that im gonna give it a try.

Ive seen the JC01 before and I was hearing mixed things on it I think. Could you please tell me how it compares to the Juul with throat hit and flavor? Does it create as much vapor as the Juul? Its a great lookin device.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Keep in mind Stixx Mixx can't be used on its own. It is a concentrated extract made to be added to an unflavored base, such as the 0/50 salt nic base from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers I mentioned.
Four example, the I use 2ML of the extract mixed with 8ml of the base for a 10ml bottle of ejuice.

On the JC01, I've only been using the Juul pods with it, so there's not much difference from the juul.
I notice a slightly tighter draw, but other than that it's the same.
I haven't tried the pods that come with the JC01 - so I can't comment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread