Lets talk about disposable atomizer brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
First off, id like to know who makes them. Are they all from Loongtotem?

Second who are all the dealers and what is the origin of each ones line.

The reason im starting this thread is to help people like my self who find the disposable atomizer technology interesting. From most of the reviews Ive seen, they all suffer from bad batteries, but the vapor is huge. Making this a prime candidate for thread mods. (ie a mod to put the disposable atomizers on trusted batteries such as a pen style)

Id also like to know which carts taste the best and produce the best vapor. Also which are best at refilling.

So lets get busy.
Rob

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
two I know of are the two I own: loong and e-cig. They make the majority of the cigarette style disposables I am aware of whatever it is rebranded. had hopes that e-cig would improve on loongs design. they didnt. instead they made the batteries shorter. top marks e-cig! I did yesterday hack a disposable atomizer from e-cig onto my screwdriver with the help of a small spring. results> ouch that metal heats up > must be the reason they have such a short cut off > also I have never owned a cartridge that lasted me a day. they are all like ~60drags then the stinky burning. 60 drags is half an hour for me. not much joy refilling them either.

then there is greencig. one review in French over on e-cigtest. He liked it. It uses a cartridge more akin to the ones we are familiar with. I would like to try it also. because an Estonian company wanted to act as a middleman for their distribution and charge outrageous prices, they are not now as prominent in the market. but I think now they have quit the idea. there is a seller in the UK and France.

there is a lot of room for improvement and innovation in the disposable market. currently though the disposable models use the same liquid but for some reason, they lack flavour. perhaps it should be concentrated more. there is no amazing technology inside a disposable atomizer. It is the same coil placed vertically surrounded by what might be a small tube of kevlar and soaked padding. pics later.

price for disposable atomizer $3 each from supplier.
price for regular atomizer from supplier $8-15
What's up with that?? they are the exact same thing. different shapes.

price for battery for disposable $27 - $50
price for battery for regular $10 - $15
What's up with that??? they are the exact same thing. different threads.

they are priced on a scale of how often they they will be consumed. the crazy battery prices for disposables make up for the loss on atomizers. realistically all regular atomizers should be $3 and all batteries should be $10 - $15 but the price the Chinese manufacturers request from suppliers dictate otherwise. In a year we should have atomizers no more costly than a bic biro unless Big Pharm start their meddling. I cracked open a charger there recently. there is 5 times more technology in there than any atomizer or battery I have ever seen, yet you can pick them up for $10. what's up with that? I don't know.

Last edited:

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I just posted my latest disposable atomizer mod last night. I attached a disposable atomizer (red dragon version) on a battery case with a manual switch. So far on a few AAA batteries, it has been working like a champ. Here's the picture and a link to the thread on the mod forum.

jqoxec.jpg

2ngecxu.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/7775-my-latest-mod-dragon-box.html
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ngecxu.jpg

The 901 pen tip solves the issue of the hot atomizer. :D

macpanda

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Geneva, IL
www.macpanda.com
I just posted my latest disposable atomizer mod last night. I attached a disposable atomizer (red dragon version) on a battery case with a manual switch. So far on a few AAA batteries, it has been working like a champ. Here's the picture and a link to the thread on the mod forum.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/7775-my-latest-mod-dragon-box.html

The 901 pen tip solves the issue of the hot atomizer. :D

I would so buy one of those. I need to learn how to build my own.

chief druid

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
north wales U.K.
well i just bought a magnum from epuffer ... and i love it .... i'm treating it like a normal e cig and topping up the carts a lot ... but as long as i keep the padding moist as possible i cant see any problems .... even with my refilling the vapour quantity drops but is still marvellous ..the atomiser is different as the heating element goes in a springy type way all the way through the spongey stuff rather than just touching the top of it it cost me a fortune and the shipping wasn't cheap either ...but it made me put my intellicig evo down waaaaa

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I would so buy one of those. I need to learn how to build my own.

It's really easy to make and once I have a dead e-cig/red dragon battery, I'll replace the atomizer on this unit with the battery or just build another one. It takes about an hour to put together from start to finish.

I knew absolutely nothing about soldering or electronics when I started literally two days ago. After reading a bunch of threads and raiding radio shack, I figured it out. I screwed up the circuit a couple times and got a few burns but it definitely was worth it. Go for it!

I wonder if I'll ever go back to a standard e-cig since the mods out-perform the standards by such a large margin!

macpanda

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Geneva, IL
www.macpanda.com
It's really easy to make and once I have a dead e-cig/red dragon battery, I'll replace the atomizer on this unit with the battery or just build another one. It takes about an hour to put together from start to finish.

I knew absolutely nothing about soldering or electronics when I started literally two days ago. After reading a bunch of threads and raiding radio shack, I figured it out. I screwed up the circuit a couple times and got a few burns but it definitely was worth it. Go for it!

I wonder if I'll ever go back to a standard e-cig since the mods out-perform the standards by such a large margin!

I have a store by my house called American Science & Surplus American Science & Surplus : Items Just Off the Truck

Anyways I go there to buy my bottles and chemistry stuff for mixing and cutting and latex gloves. But they have other things to.... like massive amounts of batteries, battery holders, wires.. I could probably build my own atomizer out of parts from that store. I built a working submarine out of parts from there and a 2 liter pop bottle when I was in 8th grade and won first place in the science fair. Ever since then I have not touched anything like that and have just recently starting going back to the store. Im starting to think its time for me to build my own mod using that store.

Im curious about your battery life on those AAA's and how hard would it be to create a Auto one and not have a manual switch? Im also very interested in these cart/atomizers from red dragon and bloog.

hopefully Ill have some spare time to make something soon. I want to make a clear one I think.

jfh8553

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
Robw - I have tried the magnum (I returned after multiple bat failures right off the bat). BUT, because the vapor is "totally" smoke-like, I was willing to try another supplier. I picked Bloog. I have had it for a little over a month. I LOVE the vapor and no bat problems yet. I just got a PM from them stating that they will be accepting pre-orders for USB passthrough bats which will completely remove the bat issue. In my opinion the disposable at/cart blows away ALL others so far. Although I continue to use other types 901 and SD simply for the change in vapor and taste. I really like the veriety.

z3r0

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Ringgold, Ga
I am new the the e-cig scene and I got a chance to try before I buy ... cool huh?

I was researching e-cigs when I stumbled across the fact my cousin owned one ... sooo
I got to try it ...

Now back on topic, it was a Smoke51 (two piece design)... On first glance, it's a little girly looking for my taste, however the vapor is huge. The battery lasts only 6 hours for me and the original (tobacco flavor???) tastes like an ashtray... Not tooooo impressed, and i am hoping the DSE901 will perform better, but it got me interested and was ok for just a trial run... moreover, i probably will never buy a two piece.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
From a post from BloogPlanet on another forum......

"for all those asking....what is the Bloog compatible with ??

the answer is smoke51 (smoke 51), greensmoke , loong totem, e-cig and other similar models...

please ask for any other brand...thanks!"

The good thing about bloog (not sure of the others), is that they offer higher nic cartridges than the Smoke51.

The only "stock" cart flavour I've liked with my 51 is "coffee" (well chocolate's not too bad but gets boring fast).

I've been messing around refilling them with JC Juice succesfully at 24mg strengths and THAT sure adds some variety !!

VapeOn,
Greg

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
here's some pics of a loong I busted open. the battery casing houses a 3.7 volt battery the led and the chip are at the top. nothing special about the battery. no different than any other. in the carts sometimes you see steel wool surrounding the coil like pic 2. other times it is just surrounded by something like kevlar like pic 3

loongtotem make smoke 51 and greensmoke
smoke 51 and greensmoke are the same company
they have exclusive rights to sell the loong product in the states

e-cig.com make bloog and red dragon

they are all compatible

then there is greencig. they are not compatible with any of the above

epuffer's eaze magnum is loong in canada
tabinta is e-cig.com's disposable in canada

Attachments

• anatomyofaloong.jpg
    anatomyofaloong.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 64
  • anatomyofaloong2.jpg
    anatomyofaloong2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 65
  • anatomyofaloong3.jpg
    anatomyofaloong3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I have a epuffer Magnum. The vapor is great. It is a dragon......when the batteries dont die on you.

My batteries (yes both of them) lasted me at most 90 minutes! I recharged them and the same issue again.

The menthol carts were not menthol at all. I don't know what flavor it was. Very close to paper flavor if you ask me.

Getting in contact with epuffer was drama also. First I waited 2 weeks for it to come in. Now I'm waiting again (it's been 1 week so far) for replacement cartridges and a usb charger that they owe me that never came with the original order because it was on back order.

I was told to try to charge the batteries with the usb charger (when I get it) and see what happens next. You know what happens next right? If the charger is bad, I have to wait what another 3-4 weeks for a replacement!! If the batteries are crap, then I have to wait another 3-4 weeks without a working unit for replacements to come in.

I love the idea of the disposable but HATE :evil: waiting for my replacements to come in.

This is very agrevating!!

In the mean time, I got my DSE 901, SE Gold (RN4041) to vape with and a PeeWee and Janty Kissbox on the way.

I personally think that the batteries are crap. I should've ordered from Bloog over at bloogplanet.com. I'm in NY and they are next door to me in Jersey. Shipping times would have been alot less.

Max

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
Ok so as I understand it, so far the Bloog and Red Dragon seem to have the least amount of battery problems, and they are made by e-cig.com

Loong Totem does smoke51 and green cig and have battery problems.

Who does epuffer? or did I miss that one (Oh EDIT: it is Loong in canada, Is that a loong totem company as well? So that would put epuffer in the same manufacturer category as Smoke51 and Green.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread