For Everyone That Is Upset About Way Overpaying for "mall" E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Earlier I was trying to help someone that bought a "mall" type of e-cig and was frustrated for various reasons. This thought came to me - do NOT be upset or mad about what you paid or the quality of what you bought - be thankful!!!

The reason is simple. Sure, you may not like what you paid. You may be totally unhappy with the vaping experience it gives you. You wish you had found this forum before you bought it.

But here is the REALITY. You would NOT have found this forum otherwise. You would not have started vaping otherwise. You would be smoking analogs like crazy right NOW and not vaping.

So even if you NEVER ever use your "mall" cig again - and through it in the trash - consider it a blessing. The money you spent was the beginning of an education - and got you started on the right path off analogs.

Be thankful.

Last edited:

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
My first e-cig was bought from a mall booth.

I wonder how many e-cig stores there are in comparison to how many mall booths there are.

Yeah, I overpaid like crazy (which was nice when I had a job. Just saying I overpaid makes me want to get all emotional), but it introduced me to e-cigs and then the forums. A lot of people start at mall booths and then learn that they could have gotten a way better deal online. Soon, those mall booths will be extinct.

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
I bought my rn4081 kit (two batts) at my local mall for 75 sollars and I am very happy with it. I have had a atty to go bad and took it back and it was replaced with no questions asked. I was even given a free usb charger and another atomizer on top of the replacement for free "for all my troubles". They also give a 90 warranty on the entire kit so if any part at all goes bad within 90 days they replace it at no cost. I will also say I am grateful because after buying it and LOVING it I searched online for e-cigs and found this wonderful place :)

Mary

mary_d

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Indiana
www.parkesvaping.com
Oh I forgot to add that since buying mine at the mall (3 weeks ago) I have converted my neighbor,best friend, best friends daughter and her husband :). Now my best friends husband is getting one to try to stop chewing and so is my hubby! My mom and sister in law are also going to give it a try to see if they can stop smoking with the e-cig! If the other's can do it that will be 8 converts total I am sooooooo happy!!!

Mary

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Right on Buss! If it wasn't for an impulse purchase of an $11 disposable at the gas station I would still be smoking. Yes it was a long path but worth everystep. Plus the 7 people I have converted have benefitted also. So I ...... away a few hundred buck. I would have done that anyway at $10.2/pack in NY!!!!!!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Earlier I was trying to help someone that bought a "mall" type of e-cig and was frustrated for various reasons. This thought came to me - do NOT be upset or mad about what you paid or the quality of what you bought - be thankful!!!

The reason is simple. Sure, you may not like what you paid. You may be totally unhappy with the vaping experience it gives you. You wish you had found this forum before you bought it.

But here is the REALITY. You would NOT have found this forum otherwise. You would not have started vaping otherwise. You would be smoking analogs like crazy right NOW and not vaping.

So even if you NEVER ever use your "mall" cig again - and through it in the trash - consider it a blessing. The money you spent was the beginning of an education - and got you started on the right path.

Be thankful.

I agree with you in theory. But here is the problem. For every one person who continues to research and finds this site and gets on the better path to successfully vaping, there are 10, who decide vaping is just another rip off and go back to analoges. I've personally talked locally to 9 individuals who told me they bought a mall PV and went back to smoking because it was a rip off that didn't work. I wouldn't even mind that the mall suppliers over charged for their device, IF, they would provide a variety of GOOD devices and not lie to people at the same time.

My first ecig almost was a blu. I found this forum and spent a day or two looking and shopping and learning. Bought a disposable kit for 20 bucks. Ordered my 510 kit from madvapes the second day on the disposable. 3 months later and I bought a DIY kit from one stop diy shop. I lucked out I guess. The disposable 510 that I got wasn't bad, actually still works. Haven't tried any other batt or mod. Quick ?- if the battery is bigger it pasts longer, but will it affect vapor production? An ego uses 510 atty's so I'd think vapor would be the same given the same volt devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
I paid $75 at a mall for my first usable one.. That was a years after I tried my first one back in the early 2000s.. I was very disappointed in it, but it kept me from smoking maybe a carton of cigarettes. To me, I think it is worth paying a paltry $75 to save myself smoking a carton of cigarettes!! Plus, the lady at NJoy she replaced my atomizers several times and that $75 ended up saving me probably TEN cartons.

The 2 Hello016 batteries and 2 or 3 510 atomizers, some cartomizers I might might have $100 in that and maybe another $40 in accessories and liquids .. And I've, in two months, saved myself smoking 1200 cigarettes. Over $400 saved.

$250 profit in two months and 2000 cigarettes that didn't go into my lungs and body

The crazy part is most smokers could buy the worst e-cig and spend alot of money keeping it working and still not spend what smoking costs!!

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I agree with you in theory. But here is the problem. For every one person who continues to research and finds this site and gets on the better path to successfully vaping, there are 10, who decide vaping is just another rip off and go back to analoges. I've personally talked locally to 9 individuals who told me they bought a mall PV and went back to smoking because it was a rip off that didn't work. I wouldn't even mind that the mall suppliers over charged for their device, IF, they would provide a variety of GOOD devices and not lie to people at the same time.

I agree totally. I was referring to people that are on this site. If they had completely lost interest in it (as I suspect many do with mall cigs) they wouldn't be on this.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Quick ?- if the battery is bigger it pasts longer, but will it affect vapor production? An ego uses 510 atty's so I'd think vapor would be the same given the same volt devices.

The size of the battery generally indicates how long it will last, yes. The other difference is the consistency of the type of hit. With smaller batteries they are not at full power very long. So the type of hit (and satisfaction) diminishes quickly with those. So it is a bit more than just the length of the battery life.

In theory, the EGO should provide the same/similar as the 510, as you mentioned. The difference is you likely only get a few hits at true full strength of the battery. so the vast majority of your smoking is done at less than the EGO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread