Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
About HG I have nothing but good things to say.

I stand by my own assessment of the Voidray, for me. One DOA okay. Two is not good. I also certainly don't doubt that those who have gotten good units have neat products.

I'll stay off this thread going forward. I'm not trying to cause angst, but to report my own experience with the product.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
About HG I have nothing but good things to say.

I stand by my own assessment of the Voidray, for me. One DOA okay. Two is not good. I also certainly don't doubt that those who have gotten good units have neat products.

I'll stay off this thread going forward. I'm not trying to cause angst, but to report my own experience with the product.
I am sure no one had a problem with you posting your issues.......
I had THREE bad DNA200 mods in a row, and you can be sure I posted about it.
Of course.....my experience was the exception, and I realize it happens. There is a failure rate on the best of the best electronics....some of us just seem to be the "lucky" ones, and get the duds.

A company like Heaven Gifts will make things right, and that is what is important in the long run. I had to send my first Provari back for an issue...they have less then half a percent fail rate...but I got one. But, good companies make it right :D

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I have had my Voidray about two weeks now and have been really enjoying it. First off, this thing is freakishly light, even with a battery. I love the shape, it's round curves and beveled edges feels really nice in the hand. I got the Lava Black, red/black, version and really like the texture, it's not a fingerprint magnet. Because of the materials they use, it doesn't heat up at all, even with heavy use. I thought the battery eject button might be an issue, but it doesn't protrude too far and is stiff enough that it won't eject accidentally. Honestly, I don't even think about it until I have to use it. It's fitted very well, no gaps or seams and even with the "aero" materials, it feels sturdy. It's probably one of the most comfortable mods I own.

The screen is nice and bright and easy to read. It's easy to operate, menu system is easy to use, and buttons are nice and clicky. I've used it in Power, NI200 and SS mode and it's worked just fine. I have been using it in SS mode quite a bit without an issue, performs just as I would expect it to. I have been using a 22mm Griffin with a simple 26 ga. 316L SS dual coil, reading at 0.39 ohm. Battery life is pretty decent, I've been getting 7-7.5ml using a Samsung 25r.

It does seem that the firmware is updateable, when I connected with a data capable USB, my PC recognized my mod. Of course, the question is will Encom release any updates, it would be nice if they added TCR. Overall, I gotta say I really like this mod quite a bit. Sorry to hear about the issues others may have had, but mine, so far has worked perfectly. I'm hoping it keeps working well, I really love the way it feels in the hand. I didn't get mine from Heaven Gifts, but if they still have them on sale, I'm seriously thinking about getting another for the Vapeocalypse box.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I've had my Voidray a few months now and I'm still loving it. It's my most used single 18650 mod, very comfortable and doesn't heat up even when chain vaping. I've had no issues with the board, I vape in Power Mode most of the time but will use SS TC from time to time and I get great battery life. The mod is TUFF and still looks good, the only issue is the paint on the fire/up/down buttons is starting to wear off.

I saw that efun.top had them marked down to $20 and just ordered another for the stash box. I've been using my Voidray with a Merlin RTA and they look great together.

voidray2_zps0nzwkogq.jpg

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I got a blk/blue Voidray, a couple days ago, for the vapepocalypse box. I plan to use it for a week or two before I stash away, just to make sure it's working properly and well..... just because. I also got a silver SXK Nebula Wine Tank for the vapepoocalypse box, since they have discontinued the black version.:( I paired them up just for a quick Voidray family photo and the Wine Tank and Voidray look really nice together. I've been considering changing the blue rings and drip tip out with my black Wine tank and pairing with theblk/blue Voidray.

The blk/red has a crinkle finish, but the blk/blue has more of a satiny finish and feels great in the hand. It;s been working great too.

voidrays1_zpsnhw6snpa.jpg
voidrays2_zpsawlhj3f1.jpg

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Everyone whose had one of these for quite a while, how are they holding up? I know they can be crushed with a car so that's great but I was wondering if there was any other issues.

Trying to decide which mods to stock up on right now, I like the one that I have a lot. Blue/Red one.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    Everyone whose had one of these for quite a while, how are they holding up? I know they can be crushed with a car so that's great but I was wondering if there was any other issues.

Trying to decide which mods to stock up on right now, I like the one that I have a lot. Blue/Red one.
    I've had my first one a few months now and still love it. It's working great and have had zero issues with the board. It still looks good and holds up well to daily use and abuse. The only issue I have is that the paint on the buttons is starting to wear off a bit. You can see the wear in the pics a few posts up. I ordered a second for my vapocalypse box and am seriously considering a third. They can still be found pretty cheap.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
    I'm not 100% sure but seems there is now TC editon. So voidray tc. Looking comments on fasttech people were not totaly satisified. Reporting bugs with chip, saying it's turning itself off. I don't know. I got h priv and it works super but there was a vendor who said he got whole batch of h privs that are shorting out. So it's a lottery sometimes. QC is not an high standard by our chinese friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread