A New mod coming: Encom Voidray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
This is a tough mod, perfect for those that keep dropping or accidentally running over your mods with your car. It was pretty impressive, little thing can take a beating.

Hey now,

I've only run over my mod once. Forgot I had put it on the front bumper while doing an oil change.

And for the record, that mod still works just fine, thanks.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I don't doubt that the ones with good boards and/or assembly are solid, but I'm 0 for 2 and not a novice, pretty sure I've done all rational things to get them running.

I did get #2 to power on a couple times, battery out, USB connected. It wouldn't fire, and went dead again as soon as the battery was inserted. Even that, unfortunately, wouldn't happen consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't doubt that the ones with good boards and/or assembly are solid, but I'm 0 for 2 and not a novice, pretty sure I've done all rational things to get them running.

I did get #2 to power on a couple times, battery out, USB connected. It wouldn't fire, and went dead again as soon as the battery was inserted. Even that, unfortunately, wouldn't happen consistently.

So sorry, Mark... Mine has hiccups, but it works just fine. Hopefully, your replacement (no.3) will work as it should. And I do agree--those boards are sketchy.

Reactions: SLM

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
I'm still running my mini+ all the time, it's been a beast :). I PIF most things, but make sure they're functioning okay.

HG has been super, a blip on any one product from a supplier to them is a shrug, and they're very responsive :D
HG? Is that where you bought it? I don't know HG, sorry. I wondered where you got yours and if the seller is working to get you a good one. Thanks!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Heaven Gifts is top of the chain for vendors out of China in my opinion. Always good customer service, fast shipping. They aren't as cheap as fasttech, but it is worth a small mark up to deal with a better company. You can actually contact one of their reps here on ECF in the heaven gifts vendor pages for help with any issue, which is nice.

As to the Voidray, the unit I received is still going strong, with no hiccups. Two bad ones in a row is pretty bad luck, but don't let that make you assume the product is overall bad......I was 0 for 3 on DNA200 boards ;)...the third one being a vaporshark, and luckily VS fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread