Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Only just found out about this mod, and love the look of it, especially at the price too, seriously considering ordering one, shame only seems china vendors, so could be a long wait if order one.

@USMCotaku does it have a firing delay at all? can't stand that on mods, I have a tesla copper steampunk style nano mod that looks awesome, but sits on the shelf because of the firing delay on it.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    Only just found out about this mod, and love the look of it, especially at the price too, seriously considering ordering one, shame only seems china vendors, so could be a long wait if order one.

@USMCotaku does it have a firing delay at all? can't stand that on mods, I have a tesla copper steampunk style nano mod that looks awesome, but sits on the shelf because of the firing delay on it.
    I'm still waiting on mine on a preorder. I think they delay was from their board supplier. Encom still hasn't released them, but I believe arrival is finally expected next week. So hopefully, it will be here soon.

Reactions: Nailz

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hi USMC and company. I got my VoidRay last week and I have mixed feelings. The mod is fine and works great, and is indeed very light and sturdy. Very comfortable to use--the shape, the weight, the buttons, the 510 connection are all great. But mine keeps constantly asking me if I have a new coil on. It's really annoying. If I put it down for a few minutes, it won't let me take a vape unless I click the + button (or -, makes no difference). One of the YouTube reviewers had the same problem but it apparently went away? Mine is not going away, so I'm not a happy camper.

OK, I think it's asking me if the coil is new because the message is in Chinese... :lol:

I didn't pay for it--I won it in a contest so I'm happy. But I don't understand why it would ask me about a new coil If that's what it is asking me. :facepalm: I vape in power mode. Any ideas?

Last edited:
    Reactions: SLM and Nailz

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    Hi USMC and company. I got my VoidRay last week and I have mixed feelings. The mod is fine and works great, and is indeed very light and sturdy. Very comfortable to use--the shape, the weight, the buttons, the 510 connection are all great. But mine keeps constantly asking me if I have a new coil on. It's really annoying. If I put it down for a few minutes, it won't let me take a vape unless I click the + button (or -, makes no difference). One of the YouTube reviewers had the same problem but it apparently went away? Mine is not going away, so I'm not a happy camper.

OK, I think it's asking me if the coil is new because the message is in Chinese...[emoji38]
    I didn't pay for it--I won it in a contest so I'm happy. But I don't understand why it would ask me about a new coil If that's what it is asking me. :facepalm: I vape in power mode. Any ideas?
    What coil material are you using?
    Have you tried locking the ohms?
    Being in chinese...it very well could be saying something else?

Make sure you really are in vw mode.
    Checkv your coil post connections (if rba/rta)
    Or try a different coil if pre-fab....could be a connection issue causing ohm fluctuating.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping ;)

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    What coil material are you using?

I'm using a stock 1.2Ω coil (Eleaf) that works fine on other mods and reads 1.1 or 1.2Ω, depending on the mod.

Have you tried locking the ohms?

Yes, but it shouldn't make a difference in power mode, right? It's a kanthal (or Nichrome) single coil and the display shows a huge W, so no, I'm nowhere near any TC setting.

Being in chinese...it very well could be saying something else?

It could, but I can't think of anything else. And it goes away instantly when I click on the + or - button. And it only freezes on me when the mod has been resting for a while, like a few minutes of inactivity. When I chain vape, or vape frequently, everything is fine.

Make sure you really are in vw mode.

See above. I am.

Checkv your coil post connections (if rba/rta)

No connectivity issues. I thought initially that that was the problem, too, but no.

Or try a different coil if pre-fab....could be a connection issue causing ohm fluctuating.

I'll play with it some more tomorrow. Funny the YT reviewer had the same exact problem.

Thanks for your help! :)

Reactions: SLM
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread