A newcomer asks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
What should be my next attie? And should/can I convert my Reo grand to an LP? I currently own a stripped TRA grand and an RM3 (which is the cutest little rda ive ever seen!) lol

So im a mouth to lung guy mostly and Im pretty happy with the stock holes in the RM3 Im currently on the hunt for another Reo... a mini 2.1 I think.

Whats this I hear about atties with both feeds and drains? Can someone here explain that to me? If over-squonked do we drain juice back to the bottle?:confused:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Well, LP's let you use any diameter bf atty and are required if you wanted to try bigger ones like the RM4/5/6 or 3rd party atties like the Odin. Since you're a M2L hitter, though, the smaller chamber atties like the RM3 are probably more to your liking (can't beat them for flavour production). In that family, you'd have to include the RM2 and IGO-S of Rob's atties. The RM2, in particular, is a favorite of reonauts and most all of us have (or have had) them in our vape gear stash - it's considered the "standard" reo atty. Just be sure to get the standard reo version of the RM2 (not the LP version) if you went that way.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
On my mini I keep a single coil cyclone. I don't trust 18490 batteries with the resistance dual coils tend to.

I filed down a second hand grand to LP, it is simple to do, just make sure to seal off the 510 and double check no flakes of metal are left to generate shorts.

For the bigger atties on my grands, my favourite is the rm4 at about 0.4-0.5 ohm. I am a lung hitter.

I don't like the rm5. I just got a nuppin which is good for after dinner/times I need more grunt and TH. I have a rm3 coming, and a stillare to drill out to bf, but have not tried them yet

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
For mouth to lung smaller RBAs in a standard Reo you need to stick with 14mm or smaller diameter, many good choices, RM2, RM3, Igo-S, Chalice, Cyclone(non-AFC), Divo.

For an LP Reo any RBA can used and a great one for Mouth to lung is the Nuppin, a little bigger but can also produce good vapes are the RM4 or Cyclone with AFC

If you wick is not blocking the drain hole, then yes an over squonk will drain back into the bottle on any of these RBAs. I typically always over squonk :p

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
For mouth to lung smaller RBAs in a standard Reo you need to stick with 14mm or smaller diameter, many good choices, RM2, RM3, Igo-S, Chalice, Cyclone(non-AFC), Divo.

For an LP Reo any RBA can used and a great one for Mouth to lung is the Nuppin, a little bigger but can also produce good vapes are the RM4 or Cyclone with AFC

If you wick is not blocking the drain hole, then yes an over squonk will drain back into the bottle on any of these RBAs. I typically always over squonk :p

Thanks Filthy, thats a really good list for me ponder...I was thinking an LP Reo was the way to go and I still do, but I have to thank Pennysmalls for getting me all set up with a really sweet Reo grand at a great price. Awesome.

And yes Im already thinking of my next Reo having only had this one for under a week now!:D my wife really likes it too so...that aint gonna work out well for me, unless I get another!

Oh and Im totally the type to convert this to an LP, just good to know its do-able on my own. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Docsgt68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Very do able, I converted my mini to lp with a series of sandpaper on a sanding block with the mini clamped down, aluminum is pretty soft and it's definitely not a lot of work. I hear you on the Reo fever, inside of a month of owning my first one I owned three. I couldn't resist. We'll see what it takes for me to expand further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread