Status
Not open for further replies.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Can you briefly explain the difference between Reo Grand,mini 2.1, LP versions? I am not interested in the SL, and what I really want is a woodvil,..but alas, so elusive.:( I was thinking maybe I could break myself in with one of the available models....:unsure:
I have never dripped, rebuilt an atty, and certainly never squonked, so go easy on me....:)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
The only difference between a 2.1 and an LP is the catch cup. The LP has been milled down so the 510 connector is almost flush so you can put attys on it larger than, I think 14mm. SL's are not for everyone, but I would go for the LP just to give you the option to used different atomizers. I would suggest just getting the LP RM2. It's about the easiest to build. If you haven't built yet, just practice, make absolutely sure you have a digital volt meter, or one of those digital atty checkers. Watch SuperX's videos on coil building and you'll be a pro in no time.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
for an LP Reo you want to use either this http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Or this

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

The one you highlighted is for regular Reo's and has the bottom shaved. it will work on the LP but looks a bit off.

both of these REOs are LP versions. On the left is the Reomizer you linked on the right is LP version.
IMAG1752-L.jpg

The Grand is slightly larger than the mini, but also has a larger battery and larger bottle. Many find a Grand will last all day and most say it is smaller than I thought. It's about the size of a business card and as thing as a cig pack.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Also, what size wire would you suggest to start with?
When you say digital volt meter, do you mean one of these? Cartomizer and Atomizer Ohm Meter - RTD vapor

I would suggest 28 or 29 ga

Yes that is a good meter, you'll also need a charger and batteries

These say "This will only work on a low profile reo grand " so not on the lp mini correct?
http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3
Sorry for so many questions so early in the day:laugh:

That is the correct one

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
The door is in stock for the grand, so I'm guessing Rob just has not updated the site.

If what you truly want is not listed on the site don't settle. Send Rob a PM and he'll get you setup. Over half of my orders are via PM. Rob has the best customer service around. His user name is RedEyeDancer

Any RBA will work on the LP versions of the Grand and Mini. The LP Reomizer we linked to will only work on the LP Reos Grand or Mini because it is wider than 14mm.

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Keeps, you should also order a couple of springs, a couple of 1mmX10mm orings, and a couple of extra bottles for your mini. You might need them.

Yes?
Cart
1 x Kanthal A1 resistance wire 28 gauge 3 ft
$1.25

1 x low profile reomizer works with lp mods only
$43.00

1 x LP mini 2.1 black wrinkle engraved brass
$160.00

3 Products
$204.25

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
You might add a couple of extra screws for the atty. They are tiny and try to escape when you are building. If you have them, hunting down one that has escaped is not a panic stricken mad scramble, call out the National Guard, event.

eta Brass is for pretty doesn't change the flavor :) very minimal upkeep just a quick polish as needed

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Thank you olefolks. Is there a disadvantage to the brass atty and door? Just a little more upkeep for aesthetics? Taste difference?

Yes for aesthetics and no taste difference.

BTW, have you got some wicking material, i.e.: silica, cotton etc?

Welcome to the world of Reos. Keep us informed. We love to live vicariously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread