A tip for newbs seeking tobacco / cigarette flavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Since my first puff on an e-cig I have never sought out anything resembling a cigarette or tobacco. The only "tobacco flavored" juice I've ever vaped was some junk in prefilled carts or some RY4 that my friend gave me to try (still have that...LOL). I don't remember what my first vape was, it may have been cherry or mint. Oddly, as I type this out...I'm vaping some DIY cherry-mint...LOL

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Strangely, menthol flavors do the trick for me too (was NOT a menthol smoker) and am now vaping all kinds of nifty and delicious flavors.

PHEW!!! I thought it was just me, I hated menthol analogs, but CRAVE menthol vapor!
I even add a few drops of menthol into a cart with other flavors.

DoomsDay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Charlotte NC
I have tried a lot of tobacco flavors and to be honest, none of them have given me much satisfaction. So far my favorite all day type vapes is Tasty vapors Cherry cola, pina colada and once in a while their atomic cinnacide. I love the cinnamon flavor but it is to strong for me to vape it as an all day type vape. I usually will vape a cart of it every couple days.
I also have many Backwoods brew flavors and really like almost every one of them. The peach is to die for once you let it steep for a couple weeks!
About menthol, I never liked them as analogs either. Oddly enough I tried BWB's e-joker and found that I really enjoyed the menthol it gives you. I do think, in some ways, it helps with the cravings of wanting an analog.

List of flavors I have tried so far:
Peach, maxboro, ejoker, honey flue nut, ry4, green apple, malty,hunters blend,555, applewood tobacco, cherry tobacco, M'borough, chocolate, pina colada, a couple different cinnamon flavors, virginia blend, sweet caroline, espresso, carmal cappuccino, Maple tobacco, mango, peanut butter, casablanca, Tobacco, Raspberry,Watermelon, grape,pineapple,strawberry, cherry, vanilla, bananas foster and last but not least, bacon.
All that in the last 39 days lol. My cig is wrong, I have not saved a dime yet! But I will when I find the perfect vapes for me.

Last edited:

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
I found the RY4 from StrictlyEJuice was far too much like tobacco, so maybe that's an option for newbies who still think they want to taste analogs. I've taken to mixing the generic Marlboro (tastes nothing like tobacco) with some DIY juice made with the Americano RWHY4 Concentrate from LiteCigUSA. It's pretty desserty and without the smoky flavor, but somehow my little brain still associates it with tobacco, and it fills the need.

troussin

Sep 7, 2010
A, A
It doesn't take long for traditional cigarettes to taste bad. 3 days after I got my first kit I thought I really needed a "real cigarette", after 2 or 3 hits I threw it out, along with the rest of the pack. I have to admit that I have gone back and tried smoking a couple times since. Usually when I'm really stressed about something. But I haven't been able to finish one. It just reminds me how much better these are.

As a newbie vaping for 5 weeks, I totally agree! I was so convinced at the start I wanted the tobacco taste I ordered a load, however, I also out of curiosity wanted to try other flavours as well. Upshot is Tasty Vapours Atomic Cinnacide blows me away and no desire for the taste of Tobacco. Did have one annalog recently when far from home and hardware packed up and found the taste repulsive now taste buds have recovered, tasted like eating butts from ashtray/ or a rolly made out of .... ends - if anyone has been there at a time of desperation.

Last edited:

Thejables

May 10, 2010
Houston
One thing i have noticed is with Tobbacco flavors out there, alot of them consist of the taste that resemmbles the smell of a freshly opened pack of analogs. I don't care what anyone says but that smell is greaat!!!. I also agree after vaping for about a month and half I have no desire to find a juice that taste like analog smoke. I love alot of the tobbaco flavors I have tried though, they all have that "ressemblence" taste.

The fresh pack of analogs always smelt like chocolate covered raisins.

I started with triple 5 (555), it was a good alternative to tobacco, was close enough, but far enough at the same time. Then it started to taste like peanut butter, so I moved on to the sweet stuff.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
OK FreakyS, it's stickied :)

LOL, Thanks. :blush:

The fresh pack of analogs always smelt like chocolate covered raisins.

Analogs never smelled like chocolate covered raisins to me. (That would be a good vape.) However, I would often hold one between my lip and nose to savor the smell for a while before lighting one. Maybe I was hoping it would actually taste like that?? Now that I'm vaping, I can actually get that taste.

Vaping tobacco juices gives you what an unlit cigarette smells like. Far superior to burning it. Jasmine smells nice, but if you toss a bunch in your fireplace, it will smell like . . . well, just don't do it. :laugh:

A.p.

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 10, 2010
Lakeland, FL USA
www.vapeBIG.com
There are a lot of factors that contribute to the analog smokes that vaping just cant replicate. There is no carbon monoxide in ecigs at all. That gives the vape a "cleaner" type of feel. You also gotta remember that the tobacco companies add a lot of other chemicals to their cigs that you just wont, nor would you want, to find in e liquids. There are some differences but I am personally much more satisfied with my eGo than I ever was smoking analogs!

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
This topic is implying that ,i must not try tobacco flavoured e-juice(try coffee)?

The topic is, basically, that you will not be able to find the same taste as smoking your brand of cigarettes. There are a lot of people who join ECF everyday, and a lot of them are trying to find out which juice flavor will taste like what they smoke.

ook

Nov 6, 2010
uk
The topic is, basically, that you will not be able to find the same taste as smoking your brand of cigarettes. There are a lot of people who join ECF everyday, and a lot of them are trying to find out which juice flavor will taste like what they smoke.

I've been at this a few months and have come to the conclusion that nothing out there tastes like a cig. nothing. yes the tobacco juices taste good but they're nothing like cigs.

i think smokers taste buds are so deadened that they only think cigs taste good. They don't. I've smoked a few recently and they tasted exactly like the way an overfilled ashtray smells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread