A tobacco e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of attys, TropBob, did I see you mention you used a Janty Stick? If so, I was told that the Janty "Classic" (is this a 901?) is the atty I should order for my JS; however, they have been outta stock for a coupla weeks. Do you have a suggestion, please, that would lead me to where and what I can use for ordering extra addys?

TIA

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I ordered two atomizers for my Kissbox from Ruyandirect, and got them in four days. About $10 each, as I recall. But I found that neither would fit the narrow hole of the JantyStick. Strange, but true. So the JantyStick uses only Janty atomizers. The RuyanDirect atomizers are used for experiments like the snus-soaked-in-VG, so I don't void my Janty warranty.

P.S. I am not privvy to what is happening in Supplier World, but something sure is. Clamps are tightening and being "out" is the new norm. My tobacco shop had to stop selling the Ruyan Jazz because he can't get any more. Out of stock. I think shortages are wider than even we've been led to believe.

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
You are quickly becoming a STAR! Thanks for the video. Is there a way to subscribe to your video as they come out. I really don't want to miss seeing any of them. Very entertaining and packed with good solid information.

Also loved that your shirt matched your avatar. Now all you need is the same hat!

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I ordered two atomizers for my Kissbox from Ruyandirect, and got them in four days. About $10 each, as I recall. But I found that neither would fit the narrow hole of the JantyStick. Strange, but true. So the JantyStick uses only Janty atomizers.

Parked at Dietsmokes has a video on many different 801 attys that fit the Janty Stick. I don't know if the kissbox atty is the same as an 801, but check out the You Tube video.

markule

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA
I've been playing with making juice from Camel Frost and VG, basically like what's talked about here. However, I found that near pure VG just doesn't wick well for me, so when it gets too think I like to add alcohol. Bourbon, actually. Adds some nice flavor, IMO. So, to make a juice from snus, I first wet the packets with bourbon, just till they looked damp, then added VG to cover the packet. I had about 6 left from a tin, put them in an empty spice bottle, covered with about 15 mL of VG, at a guess. Shake periodically over a couple hours. Vapes really well. No idea of the nicotine, but it does seem to satisfy me. I was using it all afternoon yesterday and didn't crave anything else, for what it's worth. The mint came through as an undertone, mostly it tastes like the snus tobacco, which isn't bad for my tastes.

I'm using a straight USB passthrough, homemade, and 401 atomizer, so your device will vary... Since it's a homemade device, I only use clogged/dying atomizers on it, since it seems to really kick them up a notch before they die.

One note, the resulting liquid, basically just poured off the packets, is REALLY dark. Doesn't seem cloudy like it has particles in it, just way dark colored. I have a coffee flavored juice from somewhere that's about as dark. Actually, it is about as dark as coffee. I agree that without filtration it's "dirty", aka risky, to your atty, but couldn't say how much.

Just adding my bit...

I did a video today on soaking and vaporizing a snus portion. It's the second in a series I'm working on, about cutting the costs of your tobacco habit.

YouTube - Spend Less on your Tobacco Habit II

Well done, TB....in fact, one of the best, if not THE best vids I've seen for anything related to E-cigs....and, I'm NOT kiddin'!! Your presentation is excellent.....informative and understandable, and your production is actually very nearly professional (especially compared to way too many on utube!!). As a newbie, I really appreciate a well done visual demo vs. a written one....and, I feel sure other newbies will benefit as I have.

I'm eager now to try my various flavored Discreet snus that arrived just yesterday .....now I feel confident in trying 'em in my JS!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Someone I know here is going to try a soaked snus in an e-pipe. But I still have broken models of both a cigar and my beloved e-pipe, so I can do some experiments to see how the size works out.

I began this experiment with the e-cigs I presently have beside my laptop -- Kissbox, Dura, Mini Fogger, Screwdriver. I'll get back on the size of others later ...

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I checked every grocery store, pharmacy, and the only health food store in town, and I could not find anyone that carried vegetable glycerin. They looked at me like I had two heads when I asked for it. :( Looks like I'm gonna have to order it online.

If the snus and VG work out as well as e-liquid, I just may do that from now on. Only problem will be with my dse103s the carts are too small for something like that. My DSE601 e-pipe would be great for it though.

Thanks Bob for a very informative video.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Someone I know here is going to try a soaked snus in an e-pipe. But I still have broken models of both a cigar and my beloved e-pipe, so I can do some experiments to see how the size works out.

I began this experiment with the e-cigs I presently have beside my laptop -- Kissbox, Dura, Mini Fogger, Screwdriver. I'll get back on the size of others later ...
TB...I am going to try it out with an 801 atty used with my Prodigy to see how the extra voltage works out.It may burn too hot...but I won't know until I try...will post the rusults here!!:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread