Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Hey mods, if I put this in the wrong place, please move for me, thanks.
=============
Hey fellow PIF members, I wanted to share this with you. It is about Paulie P, a member both here and over at NV. Paul is a Marine, home on leave, heading back to Afghanistan in a couple of months. Well, you all know military either overseas or going there shortly.

We all need to put together really cool "care packages" for these heros .. I can do a little alone, but imagine if each of us does just one nice thing for a GI or vet we know, what a wonderful world this would be:blink: Well, please read on thanks
===============
We decided to make a forum member, Paulie P, a special present: a VV Poorvari mod. You see, Paulie is a Marine and will be going back to Afghanistan in a couple of months and wanted a VV to use when he's back at base camp. We thought it was the least we could do for a member who puts his ... on the line every day so we can continue to live in freedom!!

Here it is, Paulie:

I started out with a 3-AA battery box

which I modded for 2-14500 batteries and left the third slot empty for circuitry

Now I drilled the necessary holes for the atty connector, LED and horn button

I then installed the LED, atty connector and button, using a bit of hi-temp glue to keep everything in place during assembly

I added the circuitry, as per my friend Donptal's design:

poordrawing1.jpg

Finally, I potted all components to prevent lose and shorted circuitry
20110920222033712.png

OK, Paulie, let's give it a test run
20110920222121668.png

By asnider123 at 2011-09-20

Yummy!! I have it preset at 4.91 volts (no load) .. the circuit is capable of 3 amps and over 6 volts. To turn up voltage, counter-clockwise on the tiny adjustment screw below the horn button, to decrease, turn clockwise. Don't go too high unless you have some HV attys or cartos, I lost two cheapies testing this unit at too high a voltage.

Semper Fidelis, guy!! We're all very proud of you. I will get it in the mail tomorrow or Thursday.

Alan

animated_flag.gif

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I have a couple boxes of clear mega duel cartos, to add if anyone is getting a care package put together. Pm me.

Yah, that's what I'm talking about :) Wonder if one of the PIF mods wants to organize this, it could get big!! You know, perhaps we could adopt Paulie's Marine company as our "PIF service project" .. at school we have adopted an Army company(18 guys in Afghanistan) .. we're sending candy, shaving supplies, pringles, all the stuff they miss from home. Wouldn't it be neat for PIF to do something similar, it may be logistically impossibler, but it's a nice thought :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread