Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Active members are members that have signed on in the last 30 days.

For your posting issue. First try clearing cookies and cache. If that doesn't help try disabling your extensions/addons/plugins one at a time until you find the one that conflicts. What browser and OS are you using?

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Active members are members that have signed on in the last 30 days.

For your posting issue. First try clearing cookies and cache. If that doesn't help try disabling your extensions/addons/plugins one at a time until you find the one that conflicts. What browser and OS are you using?

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bit. Your thoughts remind me that I recently installed IE 10 for Windows 7 Preview. This week is "Patch Tuesday." If no update is offered, maybe I'll drop back to IE 9.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
On the keyboard thing you might want to Google keyboard contact cleaning. Dust and particles can work their way in and stop a key from working. Right now, I have a keyboard on order for my laptop. It started refusing to type characters. It turned out that my left control key (CTRL) is in a hair trigger state. You can lightly brush the key and it will show up as pressed on a keyboard tester utility.

It's possible to remove the key and clean the contact to restore normal function.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Thanks, DaveP.

I suspect it is a software problem per IE 10 as suggested above. I don't recall having any difficulty other than posting through the browser. I just checked in in Notepad and the enter key works fine there. However, I could stand a new keyboard as well. About a dozen or so key cap indications are worn off.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Thanks, DaveP.

I suspect it is a software problem per IE 10 as suggested above. I don't recall having any difficulty other than posting through the browser. I just checked in in Notepad and the enter key works fine there. However, I could stand a new keyboard as well. About a dozen or so key cap indications are worn off.
They don't make them like they used to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread