Advice for a noob. Brand name or "Roll your own".

Status
Not open for further replies.

WATYF

May 29, 2012
MO
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great input. I ended up getting the Volt Basic Starter with the 78mm battery and a Wall USB charger and a 5 Strong Sample pack (so I can try all the their "menthol" flavors and a couple others) and I used that coupon code you guys posted and the whole thing was only 30 bucks. If I end up liking vaping, I'm sure I'll expand.

Thanks again for all the help. I will let you know how things turn out.

WATYF

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great input. I ended up getting the Volt Basic Starter with the 78mm battery and a Wall USB charger and a 5 Strong Sample pack (so I can try all the their "menthol" flavors and a couple others) and I used that coupon code you guys posted and the whole thing was only 30 bucks. If I end up liking vaping, I'm sure I'll expand.

Thanks again for all the help. I will let you know how things turn out.

WATYF

Good buy. You will like the strong sampler, that's what I got. Just remember, don't throw out your carto when it's empty. If you buy any bottle of mint juice, you can refill the 3 menthol cartos with it. I ended buying a bottle of the mint and refilled all 3 menthols cartos with it with little carryover of taste from what was in it. But you will get carry over of mint if try something else in them.

Don't forget about the faces of volt promo. Go go to the smokeless image subforumon here and look under stickies. They will message you as son as you post a picture and send what you want the same day. I Got my free battery in my mailbox within 3 days of posting the picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WATYF

May 29, 2012
MO
Good buy. You will like the strong sampler, that's what I got. Just remember, don't throw out your carto when it's empty. If you buy any bottle of mint juice, you can refill the 3 menthol cartos with it. I ended buying a bottle of the mint and refilled all 3 menthols cartos with it with little carryover of taste from what was in it. But you will get carry over of mint if try something else in them.

Don't forget about the faces of volt promo. Go go to the smokeless image subforumon here and look under stickies. They will message you as son as you post a picture and send what you want the same day. I Got my free battery in my mailbox within 3 days of posting the picture

Dude, I almost forgot about that promo. That's awesome. I'm totally gonna get a free battery with that. :D

WATYF

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I mean that, depending on how they are used, they eventually either get clogged up and hard to draw on, or the coils burn out. So they don't last forever. The juice in them stays good for months, maybe a year.

You can use certain clearomizers with slim batteries. The best one I've seen and used that will work on a slim battery is the Fluxomizer from Gotvapes.com. If you get these, make sure you get the 808 version in 2.4-2.6ohms. Clearomizers last longer than cartomizers. They are cleanable and you can change juices in them. They taste better as well. I don't use regular cartos anymore since I started using Fluxos. They really don't cost much more than blank 808 cartos either.

You are severly restricted in what you can use with a small battery. You have a narrow range of ohms that you need to stay within, and a big tank or something is kind of silly and impractical on a little battery. If you want to move up, the Volt's X2 battery will give you a lot of options you don't have, (including a passthrough), with a little battery. Meanwhile, the Fluxomizers are the best thing to stick on the end of a slim battery.

Sailorman,

I know you know a lot so I have a question about this post. I was thinking of trying the fluxos from gotvapes. You said to get the 2.4-2.6 but the SI clearos are 2.6-2.9. Would these still work on the small volt batteries? I want to make sure I am not using too low of a resistance and end up frying my batteries

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I based that range on the review I saw where the SI cartos were testing out at 2.4-2.7ohms. If you've been using 2.6-2.9ohms, then I'd say go with the 2.6-2.8 range fluxos. I don't think the lower ohms will hurt anything. SI batteries aren't those little 180mah Joye batteries, but if you want to be on the safe side, 2.6-2.8's should do fine. Since the coil is up top, the fluxos are a little warmer than an equivalent carto anyway.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Mroutlaw. The general rule on the slim batteries is that its ok to go as low as 2.4ohms for cartos. The difference in vapor between a standard carto and the fluxo type cartos with the coil on top is huge in my opinion. The minor difference in ohm load on a smallish battery like the volt will be seen in overall use time. You may notice that you loose as little as twenty minutes of time with the small difference in load.

All cartos as they are filled, used, refilled and so on goes through minor peaks and dips in resistance so the .3+- ohm difference is not something to be overly concerned about in my opinion. I do recommend though investing about $20 in a digital multimeter if you dont have one around. Meter your cartos to be sure you got what you paid for and also to prevent screwing in a carto that may cause your battery an issue. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Thanks guys,

I ordered the 2.4-2.6 since the other option was 2.8-3.0. I'm still trying to fugue out what the difference in ohms will do. I see people talk about using low resistance. I figure a pack was only $8 and if I don't like it, well, I've wasted $8 a day on analogs so it's worth a shot

When you say the difference in vapor production is huge, do you mean more or less vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread