Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I've been a dripper of a year now but just discovered mesh and genesis (well not really discovered but tried them) and love them.
I only have a really small amount of mesh and have no idea if it is good or not.

I have a few fasttech meshes that came with random rdas and just bought 2 small pieces at a B&M of 400 but want to get more

what is the difference between #300, #400 and #500?

which one is the best?

best place to get it?

thanks!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
what is the difference between #300, #400 and #500?

which one is the best?

best place to get it?

thanks!
The number indicates the wire count per inch... and of course thinner wire. The really fine stuff... 300 and beyond are commonly used as sift type filtering elements.
I usually get mine from either co-ops where it's purchased from someone like TWP, or from Lightening Vapes in smaller quantities... because they carry #325~#500, and it's food/lab grade.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i like #500 the best. i like #400 too. 500 is always wet-looking while my #325 and even #400 would dry out when left vertically. not that them drying out is a problem, because all it takes is a tip-n-vape to re-saturate, but it just shows how much better at wicking #500 can be.

steel cable also wicks well. but for your coil youll need some regular mesh or cotton wrapped around the top under the coil. of course introducing different materials will alter your vape, but depending on the juice and wattage, the differences could be negligible.

i bought most of mesh from OKCVapes. it was a while back but at the time the had the best combination of price and shipping method. you see, OKC shipped it to me in a large flat cardboard envelope. other vendors might (or might not! [not judging]) just fold it up and stuff it into a shipping mailer. i like my mesh nice n flat, so that was important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread