Advise Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoyed

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2009
Ok I quit smoking, with the help of my Vapor King, for 5 months. I went on a snowboarding trip and started back thinking I quit once I can do it again. Unfortunately the juice flavors are not tasty to me anymore and the effort to keep up and running seems like a major nuisance. I am sure the effort part is more from the power cigs hold over my brain but I really need to find a way to get back on track. Any suggestions are welcome.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Really sorry to hear about the lapse. I'm glad you posted about it, though, since it's a good reminder to everyone here. I hope you get some advice from others with a similar back-and-forth experience and actual results.

That's not me, but if I imagine what I'd do, I can think of two things. First, I'd keep things simple if the wallet allowed. Pre-filled cartos all the way, at least for a while. I'd also try to shake things up a bit. I'd probably go for a higher nic level (24 or 36) and a few flavs that would be new to me. Breaking some patterns, even old vaping patterns, could help. Just a guess, but good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
I too would be interested to hear what others have to say about this dilemma. I found myself almost buying cigarettes today, at the drug store, and didn't ask for them after all. I just think they looked so inviting behind the counter, all square and shiny new packages! And the memory of a really fulfilling drag on a lit cigarette runs through my mind now and then. I guess I need to use my higher-voltage PV more often and really get some satisfaction, not just relying on a great flavor to satisfy me. I've lowered my nic over the last few days with some of my cartos, so that could be a factor. And a more gradual drop in nicotine level would have been a good idea. Doh....

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
I also got quite ill 'trying' an analog after just a few weeks. For me that was enough.

V4L worked for me, in part, because intially (and ongoing) I stick to the flav (menthol) I was smoking and the SMILINs are, imo, the best!

If you didn't want to vape again, you wouldn't be posting here.

I don't like every WoW flav I've tried, either. Have to agree on the peppermint. Holds the flav as well SMILIN Menthol(premium). I can't vape it all the time. SMILIN SPECIAL MENTHOL is by far, my everyday vape flav.

All I can say, is you have to fight the negative messages better and drink A LOT of water!!!! I noticed vaping makes me very thristy & when I'm hydrated enough (or taking care of my body) through it, my mind processes flavs as enjoyable. If not, I can think a lot useless excuses to smoke or do worse to myself, also. I just don't give in. (can apply to anything in life) ....it can be train wreck or just a scratch on one of the cars. Only you get to decide that - if you want 4000 chemicals in your body or take in more fluids & chalk it up to learning where your weakness is.

Another thing that can help, other than not vaping the WOW you didn't like, is yes, keep it on hand along with a stronger ones and/or at a higher mg and vape the one you don't like to appreciate the taste of those you do like.
You still seem to be lacking enough fluids - vaping is sort of food testing - professional food testers always use a fine wine to cleanse their palette before trying a different food. Water or flavored water can help with changing flavs or maybe your taste buds are just waking back up and you're more sensitive to the flavs. Either way, fluids and changing your flav/strength all together, will clean up that scratch unless you really want the train wreck to happen to you.

:toast:

Last edited:

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I somehow just rolled over to vaping on day one with no cravings, but I've worked a lot with addicts, and also obese people, and one of the internal strategies that they seem to find simplest and most helpful is to imagine 'cravings' as two year old children who won't stop nagging and whining and manipulating for something that absolutely requires a no.

You don't argue endlessly with a two year old in that sort of situation (we're talking life or death here), you don't have long discussions, you don't capitulate sometimes and refuse at other times, you just say:
"Sweetheart, NO, and we're really not going to discuss it any more. Would you like to color?"

Sometimes you have to say it many times, but the insistent habit-mind gets conditioned to give it up faster if you don't sporadically reinforce it.
Sounds sort of stupid, and I also hate the old "just say no" oversimplification re all that, but the real deal is to find a very direct way to just stop the internal argument in its tracks, and change the subject.

That's why the advice above to just hold steady for a few weeks is really good - it takes 28 days (approximately) to break a mental habit - IF you don't crumble at intervals. If you want to train a dog really tightly to DO something, reward the behavior regularly at first, and then at irregular intervals... you can really lock a behavior that way. If you smoke "now and then" the 'craving' mind, like a kid, will forever keep prodding, "just in case..."

Sorry that you fell off for a while, but no big deal. Just vape yourself blind every time you want a smoke, (your taste enjoyment will return, and it's irrational to think that screwing a carto onto a batt is more hassle than using a cigarette - it's that kid-with-no-judgement running his argument) and let the internal discussion go as much as possible.

:firefox:

Good luck!

Last edited:

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Especially good post, Wow, particularly this: "I can think a lot useless excuses to smoke or do worse to myself, also. I just don't give in. (can apply to anything in life) ....it can be train wreck or just a scratch on one of the cars."

I just got my order today - all pre-filled- 1 w/ WoW chocolate. At first, I thought, "What is everyone raving about! This sucks!" So, I connected my PT and vaped it for several minutes and once it got going, it was too strong on my PT and, I just lowered my mg!!! I can't say it's as good as WoWboy but forgot, sometimes ya have to get the cartos 'boosted' to notice the flav. Also, some flavs at the wrong strength don't taste the same (ie - I like the Strawberry for a change of pace but it vapes hotter the higher the mg) I'd rather take the time to figure this out than waste the time I have in my life (as well as money) some lunatic companies that know analogs have all the junk in them they do! It's depressing to smoke analogs when we have a choice!

I wouldn't care if this stuff tasted like soap(well, soap might not be tolerable but, ya get my gist)! I will never touch another analog - there are way too many pros about vaping and zero about smoking analogs.

I'm always keeping some of the prefilled around for 'those days'. I might even get a fanny pack to hold all my stuff 'til V4L comes out with a mega-transporter tote-bag. ;)

--- we love the beach totes out here, hint, hint....incase any staff is reading this thread! :D

magus7091

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Morgantown, WV
Keep up the good work paranoyed, and a bit of advice: find a flavor that's really strong to you, and make it your "i want an analog" flavor. Only vape it when you get that strong urge, basically pull a "bait and switch" on this inner demon. This is what helped me through my first 72 hours. That flavor has now become my go-to "stress relief" vape:555. I still get strong analog cravings sometimes, and 555 is my savior.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
>> Would you like to color

I'd say "yes", then eat your crayons. That would teach you what you get for saying "no" to me!

LOL... damned hard-... unicorns.
But seriously, a lot of the work is getting addicts to not abuse the "kid". You get major internal rebellion ('cause the self-defeating self-hatred thing has been half the problem to start with), the battle gets exhausting, and off they go.
I had an obese person (370 pounds initially) tell me, "I keep telling the little brat to shut the ... up. I hate the little ....head. I'm totally exhausted and I ate a whole bucket at KFC because I eat when I'm stressed..."

We decided to be clear that it was just a very little (very overweight) kid with no judgment or much capacity to tolerate discomfort or contain herself emotionally. Enter crayons (ANY distraction.) She's now lost 79 pounds. And sailing smooth and steady. (Not that that's the only strategy.)
I love that woman...

Now, you? GORE the liddle wimp. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread