Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Trying another juice out to see if that solves it. I've been using citrus based juices (Lemon Drop) in both 70/30 and 50/50 and both leaked. In years past, citrus was murder on the old plastic carts, so trying to see if its playing an influence on these as well.
I hope you figure it out. I’m still using the pod it came with, mtl coil, 50/50 grapefruit/pineapple juice. I’ve been filling it to the top with no issues, but after the discussion on pressure, I’ll leave some air space. I’m hoping I can make this pod last until the rba pod hits the market. (I do have a pair of regular pods and extra coils coming slow boat as backups).
I haven’t seen the rba pods NOT on pre-order in my hit or miss checking... are they available anywhere yet?

• Love
Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I hope you figure it out. I’m still using the pod it came with, mtl coil, 50/50 grapefruit/pineapple juice. I’ve been filling it to the top with no issues, but after the discussion on pressure, I’ll leave some air space. I’m hoping I can make this pod last until the rba pod hits the market. (I do have a pair of regular pods and extra coils coming slow boat as backups).
    I haven’t seen the rba pods NOT on pre-order in my hit or miss checking... are they available anywhere yet?

From what I’ve read, we’ll be lucky to see them available before CNY.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Trying another juice out to see if that solves it. I've been using citrus based juices (Lemon Drop) in both 70/30 and 50/50 and both leaked. In years past, citrus was murder on the old plastic carts, so trying to see if its playing an influence on these as well.
    It has made no difference for me which juice I use tried 5 different ones now all the same

Reactions: NolaMel

Amerglass

ECF Veteran
    Dec 12, 2018
    Thanks, I'll try that, just refilled and had another mess. I've also noticed that after filling I get a mouthful of juice, very unpleasant. As of now I would say this is the worse vaping purchase I ever made.
    My cheap Smok Nords put this to shame.
    That's odd. I do myself have problems with the filling port which is terrible, to be honest. The worst in my devices. Still, I wouldn't go drop by drop as it means approx 120 drops it may last forever.

But, no leaking, no spitting back or even getting liquid into my mouth. You must be doing smth wrong. Usualy the airflow should be closed when filling up. But even on open airflow no such mess should happen.

Still my best device flavourwise. Top flavour production even after a week on the same 0.6 coil....

But, Geekvape should change 3 things: make it with internal 18650, secondly do smth with that filling port and thirdly - make the pod more transparent. This item still gets my 9/10. Close to perfect.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    From what I’ve read, we’ll be lucky to see them available before CNY.
    I thought I saw February somewhere. I was hoping I was mistaken. CNY would be okay IF that includes US vendors getting stock. May be just my impatience, but it seems like it’s taking longer than usual for the rba to drop??? I was going to order the reewape rba head to use in the meantime, but I’m leery of putting a secondary coil in the pod given the leaking issues some people have had. I’ll just wait impatiently lol, it’s less than a month now.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I thought I saw February somewhere. I was hoping I was mistaken. CNY would be okay IF that includes US vendors getting stock. May be just my impatience, but it seems like it’s taking longer than usual for the rba to drop??? I was going to order the reewape rba head to use in the meantime, but I’m leery of putting a secondary coil in the pod given the leaking issues some people have had. I’ll just wait impatiently lol, it’s less than a month now.

I know that at least a couple of people that were sent them for review were told not to mention the rba in their reviews so I'm guessing there was some kind of issue with the first round and they are working out the bugs before releasing. I was rather disappointed that I didn't get sent one for review. I usually get quite a bit of their gear for review. Not sure why I missed out on this one.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I know that at least a couple of people that were sent them for review were told not to mention the rba in their reviews so I'm guessing there was some kind of issue with the first round and they are working out the bugs before releasing. I was rather disappointed that I didn't get sent one for review. I usually get quite a bit of their gear for review. Not sure why I missed out on this one.
    I’d rather them do it right than rush to get it on the market. I appreciate that, since I’ve bought enough other companies gear that should’ve stayed in r&d until they worked the kinks out ;)
    I bet you get a pod for review once they’re done. They must have gotten feedback from early betas that made them rethink the design. The Boost certainly has great selling potential for their line.

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I was looking for your review on the Boost as well, when mine was sent it came a bit later than normal and as far as the RBA pod it was a cosmedic issue that has been corrected. I hope they send one out to me to do a separate review on. I think the RBA really pushes Geekvape to the top.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I was looking for your review on the Boost as well, when mine was sent it came a bit later than normal and as far as the RBA pod it was a cosmedic issue that has been corrected. I hope they send one out to me to do a separate review on. I think the RBA really pushes Geekvape to the top.

I didn’t get a frenzy either for review. I am kind of glad I didn’t. I didn’t like it.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I didn’t get a frenzy either for review. I am kind of glad I didn’t. I didn’t like it.
    My Frenzy is still plugging along like a champ, original pod too. I only use it when we go out and I don’t have pockets or purse room for even a small mod, with a higher nic. While it’s too mtl for regular vaping for me, it’s perfect for a quick hit. I wouldn’t buy more of them, but I’m not sorry I have this one. I bought a Flint too. That wasn’t quite in my wheelhouse either. The Boost is what I wish the other two had been.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I looked at the flint but never ordered one. No particular reason. The frenzy was just way too tight on airflow for me.
    It caught my attention because it had a real tank and 510, and looked like a teeny tube mod. I wanted a tiny out on the town unit. To me, it’s a bit airier than the Frenzy. The Frenzy was a better form, and its performance got me over my distrust of pods. Had I not bought that, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the Boost. So, in the end they served their purpose lol... multi-Geekvape mod journey from a big Aegis 100 to its little pod cousin the Boost ;)

Last edited:

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 28, 2012
    San Diego CA
    I really want to like this piece of crap but it's not making it easy. Wish @Geekvape_Official would provide some insight. They've definitely seen the thread. Doesn't leave me with any warm and fuzzies when they only reply to the complimentary posts.

if you made your purchase using PayPal you should be able to get a refund on that or same reply if you use the visa or MasterCard

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    Junny89, this just cannot be. The lekage could only happen because of a defected coil but if you changed several from different sources - no way. I am pretty sure you're doing smth wrong. Could it be you didn't place the coil correctly into its small slots? Most probable this shozld be the cause. Or, maybe - did you close the filling port properly? A 50/50 could be a smaller possibility, go and try 70/30 although it should run on 50/50 without a problem.
    Yes, go ahead and send photos to Geekvape. I am sure they'll explain and replace the pod/coils if necessary.

Good luck with it.

i have tried various liquids, different brands and VG/PG consistancy, its just happening to all of them.
    However it is noticeably less on the higher ohm coil.
    im stumped also, as what else could it be?
    ive watched lots of reviews and imitated what they are doing when filling and changing coils etc. I had to stop using it as there is ejuice coming out through the charging port and its damaging my cables now so i have put it aside to dry and will take another look soon. i hope i can get it fixed as its a fantastic vape.

I emailed GeekVape. Took about 8 emails before they agreed to send me a new pod but offered no advice as to why or how to prevent it other than to "ask my friends".
    It's like there no issue on the first fill of a new coil or after cleaning it all out, but then it gets progressively worse. I'm still going with the coils getting over saturated and then its dripping down. 3 pods, 7 coils, 2 thicknesses of juice, all leaking. Only thing I haven't changed is the mod itself.

Sadly, i still not even recevied one reply from April @Geekvape_Official so i cant even explain whats going on or been done about this.
    likewise i havent changed the mod either as i have invested quite a bit in the mod with accessories and should not have to spend more.
    these do seem like isolated incidents so lets see what happens.

just to elaborate:
    leaking juice from basically everywhere, now even through the air flow.
    lots of spit back also.
    Using the higher Ohm coil, has helped but only to a extent.
    i am still holding out for the rba pod just in case once available in the UK.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread