englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've joined the club as of today.

I like the rubberized finish. The bottom isn't flat, it wobbles when I set it down on a flat surface. Need to explore the menu a bit. I put a tank on it that had been running at 12W and it gave me a nasty burnt taste. Had to turn it down to 10W to get it working right.

IMG_0240.JPG

Reactions: RayofLight62

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
Hi guys one of my devices is the Aegis mini with the Cerberus tank with the original .3 ohm coil in it still.
I just got this a few days ago and I have been struggling with the settings since I am new to sub Ohm coils.
I found trying to run this at the recommended watts is much too hot and harsh so I found my sweet spot at about 30 Watts and the air flow all the way open.
Yesterday I had it dialed in but then I charged it now it spits and crackles.
I am using naked Lava Flow 12mg 70Pg 30VG
I have smok coils for it that I have not tried yet.
So my question is what settings do I need to adjust to keep this working consistently with cool throat hits and no spitting.
Thanks for any help

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Hi guys one of my devices is the Aegis mini with the Cerberus tank with the original .3 ohm coil in it still.
I just got this a few days ago and I have been struggling with the settings since I am new to sub Ohm coils.
I found trying to run this at the recommended watts is much too hot and harsh so I found my sweet spot at about 30 Watts and the air flow all the way open.
Yesterday I had it dialed in but then I charged it now it spits and crackles.
I am using naked Lava Flow 12mg 70Pg 30VG
I have Smok coils for it that I have not tried yet.
So my question is what settings do I need to adjust to keep this working consistently with cool throat hits and no spitting.
Thanks for any help
The "best at" wattage printed on the coils is just a suggestion and not necessarily what you may like.
The spitting etc could mean the coil is flooded, take a Qtip and clean out the chimney and put a paper towel around the bottom airflow then blow down through the tank.
12mg? That is really high for subohming, 0 to 6mg is recommended. Vaping that high of MG would give you problems. As far as you settings for each coil, start low and work your way up to a wattage that you like. Hth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
Well I think I figured out what happened to my Aegis. yesterday the battery level was much lower which meant I had to adjust it up to 30 watts to get a good comfortable vape experience after I charged it I had more available power so I adjusted the power level back down and my Aegis Mini is working great again.
I guess I have to keep in mind that this thing has adjustments for a reason and I will need to constantly adjust this device as the battery level goes down to get a consistent vape experience.
my next quest will be to find a Sub Ohm vape setup that provides a more consistent power output. until then I will continue to make minor adjustments as the day goes on.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
yesterday the battery level was much lower which meant I had to adjust it up to 30 watts to get a good comfortable vape experience after I charged it I had more available power so I adjusted the power level back down and my Aegis Mini is working great again
This is hokum. Variable Wattage regulated mods were invented in 2010 to address the issue of battery voltage drop. Your mod steps the voltage as needed to maintain a constant output. 30W is not stronger or weaker depending on the level of your battery—watts are already a unit of power.

Reactions: Baditude

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
I am not sure what to think then other than my unit may be defective. or I just need to get to a local vape shop and source the 6mg ejuice mentioned earlier. as of now my device is working good at lower Watts
I will say the local vape shop that sold me my device gave me a unit that was on display and not one in a factory sealed box with the outer retail packaging so I have no way to know for sure if it is authentic.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
@EaOutlaw1969 Proprietary drop-in coil assemblies leave a lot to be desired, as a rule. Even when they work well they're expensive and wasteful. The manufacturer's interest directly conflicts with the user's interest since they directly profit when you have to buy more. Since you expressed an interested in sub-ohm I'd recommend you get a Zeus X RTA for your Aegis. It comes with everything you need for a 0.2Ω sub-ohm dual coil setup; just buy some additional wicking material (Cotton Bacon Prime is good) and you're set for months. You can put whatever kind of coils you like in that to get the sort of vape you desire.

If you want to test whether your Aegis is genuine, drop it on concrete from shoulder height.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
thank you so much for the tips, I will wait till I get a second sub ohm mod that is known to be authentic before drop testing the first
There's no such thing as a sub-ohm mod. The mod is the device that delivers the electricity (your Aegis). The topper is the bit contains the resistor that can be sub-ohm. Definitely unscrew the Cerberus tank before you drop! :D Also note that whatever issues you were having with the Cerberus are likely unrelated to the Aegis.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
I was thinking most people would take what I typed as a mod that is capable of using sub Ohm coils.
I am just learning about these devices I will make mistakes in my communication attempts as I am learning.
While I do appreciate any help I may get, I find it hard to keep a open mind while I feel that I am being talked down to.
Again thank you for your help.

Reactions: Falconeer

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
While I do appreciate any help I may get, I find it hard to keep a open mind while I feel that I am being talked down to.
Again thank you for your help.
Aww sorry my dude! I didn't mean to make you feel that way. You're most welcome! We were all new once too. Happy vaping!

Reactions: Baditude

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Well I think I figured out what happened to my Aegis. yesterday the battery level was much lower which meant I had to adjust it up to 30 watts to get a good comfortable vape experience after I charged it I had more available power so I adjusted the power level back down and my Aegis Mini is working great again...
Not really. Sometimes the vaping experience changes during the day, although you still have the same coil in your atty and you still run the same watts. Vaping can be a very subjective thing, depending on your mood, time of the day, room/outside temperature, etc. I'm not sure using TC mode would help (does the Mini have one?), but it may be worth a try.

BTW: The Cerberus tank is a baby-beast-coil compatible tank (=ginormous choice of 3rd party coils) and shouldn't give you problems. Rule of thumb: Stay within the coil's recommended wattage range. Since the Mini only has a 2200mah battery, you may want to buy low wattage coils in the future (equivalent to baby M2 or Q4 coils)

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
hi when I purchased the Aegis I also picked up a pack of Smok V8 Baby Q2 ( 0.4OHM ) coils that I have not tried yet.
should I be using the bubble tank of the smaller capacity straight glass tank?
Since I am disabled I am normally stuck inside 24-7 so the environment my device is in stays consistent about 72-73 Deg about 50% humidity.

Last edited:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
hi when I purchased the Aegis I also picked up a pack of Smok V8 Baby Q2 ( 0.4OHM ) coils that I have not tried yet.
should I be using the bubble tank of the smaller capacity straight glass tank?
That's up to you. The glass size isn't going to change the flavor or vapor production. Hth

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread