AFC ring Wotofo Serpent Mini 22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Site's having upgrades, they should hopefully be working out the bugs. You can post about it on the message at the top of the board, it will help them know about the bugs to fix them.

I'd try drying everything out, using rubber gloves, maybe the freezer since the AFC ring is wet? It may help you get a "grip" on things. Sometimes tank grippers will work, but you'll have to be careful with the glass, some folks like a rubber glove or that rubber mat for gripping. Good luck. I have an AFC like that on a doggystyle that has been eluding me for some time... I'm getting near the nuclear option of handing it to the husband, who apparently uses tools for plumbing? Kind of makes sense....

Anna

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
It is dry, no glass on it just don't how it comes off

It's not meant to, as far as I know.
But whether it's just press fit (which may point to the source of your leak... bang that thing back home), or if there's an internal assembly in the base/510 that disassembly will release... I couldn't say.

Sorry... both of mine are currently in heavy use (and again, just there ;) ), and I don't feel like opening one up to investigate. :(

Reactions: stols001

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I dunno how it comes off. I'd just like mine to spin a little more easily. I have the black and it takes everything I've got to close it before filling.

I have a Black and a Stainless... and my SS is much harder to turn. Go figure. o_O

Then again, with the smooth metal... I can't get grip on either. I have to use a thumbnail.
And when they were new (2016 I guess)... I had a couple of scares with the top caps because there's just so little there to grab onto without turning the glass/base as well.

Thankfully, both that and the AFCs have loosened up since then. ;)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I have a Black and a Stainless... and my SS is much harder to turn. Go figure. o_O

Then again, with the smooth metal... I can't get grip on either. I have to use a thumbnail.
And when they were new (2016 I guess)... I had a couple of scares with the top caps because there's just so little there to grab onto without turning the glass/base as well.

Thankfully, both that and the AFCs have loosened up since then. ;)
Lo and behold, I found the problem. When turning the AFC to fill last night, a sliver of black material (coating?) came out and now it slides like a champ. Haven't had a problem with the top cap. I did read somewhere that the black version had more machining fit and finish issues than the SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread