AGA T2
Kanthal 28
400 SS Mech
50/50 juice

Oxidize mesh
bottom cut diagonaly
7 wraps 1.1 ohms
No hot spot
Flavor is muted and my vapor production and th is really bad....

Second attempt and same thing.

I follow busardos tutorial and can not get it to works correctly.

What I'm doing wrong?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What batteries are you using? Name brand and IMR or protected?

Your regulated PV is struggling to provide the right amount of voltage for such a low ohm atomizer. Go up in resistance on your coil to where your setup can really shine.

I suggest making a 2.o ohm coil with 30 g wire. That's what I use on my AGA-T2's on a Provari. When they're working optimally, I get excellent flavor and vapor production at 3.6 - 4.0 volts. This takes about 6 - 7 wraps of wire, which is good because you want more surface area of coil to make more vapor, and this gauge will heat faster than 28 gauge.

It can take up to a tankful of juice before your wick/coil is properly "seasoned".

Read this guide Advice & Tips for Vapors Looking to Try Their First RBA. Pay particular attention to this blog: E-Human's Guide to the AGA-T2.

AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg

Last edited:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Ok guys .... this is what I got:

AGA T2
Kanthal 28
400 SS Mech
50/50 juice

Oxidize mesh
bottom cut diagonaly
7 wraps 1.1 ohms
No hot spot
Flavor is muted and my vapor production and th is really bad....

Second attempt and same thing.

I follow busardos tutorial and can not get it to works correctly.

What I'm doing wrong?

I am using a ATA-T2 right now filled with Boba's Bounty. The coil I have is 400 SS mesh at 2.1 ohms. On a VV/VW device It is set at 9W 4.34V and the flavor is amazing and the vapor production massive. I can put it on an ego twist and it performs just as well with starting with low voltage and increasing to find the sweet spot.
I know when I first got the AGA-T2 I had to play with the coils and for me personally found that 1.8 to 2.1 worked very well. As you know if you play with the coil you may get the "wandering ohm" syndrome. As far as the coil mesh I found that tightly wrapped mesh (no "straw" hole in the center) provided better capillary wicking to the coil. You might try tipping also to feed the juice if that is your problem.
My advice, at least what I did was experiment, build a few coils with different wraps and wrap techniques like free wrapping or using a drill bit, watch a lot of videos on coil building and have fun with it don't get discouraged. It is a great genesis style tank and you will succeed; and when you do the fun begins.
One video I highly recommend is Z-Atty-Pro - Rebuildable Tank System V2.1. This is a step by step setup and even though it is a Z-ATTY Pro you can use the techniques on your AGA-T2.

Baditude's advice is right on the mark check out the referenced links.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread