Ahhh holy overload for a newb trying to quite smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
So I was at my local Shopper drug mart store in Canada and notice this new item sitting there called the smoke nv. My wife and I are about to have our second child in 3 days and that means quiting day for the cigarettes as agreed upon by myself so now I am search of a good alternative to making this easier. I started searching and have come to find out that this unit is actually not that great from a price standpoint so this is the site I landed on. I am aware that I should be posting in the Canadian section but I need to get my post up first and I will then start asking my questions there but in the mean time I just want to get a good idea of what is going to work best for me. I know Canada does not have Nic-juice readily available but I can again sort this out when I get to the Canadian section. I am looking for something that tastes alot like an actual Canadian branded smoke and I also really want to have it feel like an actual cigarette in size and style cause alot of my addiction has to do with the physical aspect of smoking and not just nicking out. I found the 510t system and I think that may be what I'm after, I smoke about 10-15 smokes a day atm so I wonder what kind of quantity of e-juice to get, what type of atomizer to get that is like a smoke end(guessing thats what this part is), decent battery life but I am around power most of my day so recharging say at work is not an issue. Is automatic batteries all that bad??What type of juice do you use with a 510t, pg or vg and what is better? Thanks and sorry for the newb questions I'm just really lost at this point. Kurt

kyokahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Costa Rica
Welcome to the forum!

First of all, take a moment to breath, don't start thinking about all the posibilities. Not yet, in due time.

Right now you say you need something small resembling a cigarette. Odds are you're going after and will feel more comfortable using a KRD 808 or a 510. You have 2 options, going for a tank (510-T) or regular atty/cartomizer vaping. I would recommend getting a 510-T if you like the form factor, but one with a PCC so you get a better experience in battery life (you use one while the other is charging), and also, get a 510 drip tip, they are fully compatible with the 510-t atty and cost less than $3, and change the vaping experience a lot.

510-t kit+ PCC + drip tip should not go above $80.

As for the flavors... well, you're likely not to find anything exactly like cigarettes, however, there are some very resembling of the taste of tobacco, you should really buy different tobacco flavors in small quantities until you find one you like. Again, flavor is very subjective, and I would not dare recommending an specific one.

I hope this helped.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
That helped alot, I was leaning towards the 510t so this is making my choice alot better. When I purchase juice do I need to buy something to install it into the catridge too? What does the drip tip do?

As for the tabacco, I think your right that it would be hard to tell me what to get I guess I will try a pg type. I smoke light smokes but thinking a medium strength might be a good place to start with some known brands that I have smoked is probably a good place to start.

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Welcome to ECF! And yes, there is a lot of reading to do!

The 510 is ok, I prefered starting with the KR808 style batteries. I love my Volts from Smokeless Image. I also love exploring the liquids. I have a ton of blank cartridges, and although filling can be a hassle some days, I'm loving all the different flavors I can get my hands on. I just recently stepped up to their 1300 X2 ATV, and I'm very pleased with it, as it not only can use the tank/clearomizers but it also accepts the 808 carts, too.

So many choices out there! But definitely pick up a 510 or 808 system to get yourself going, and then give yourself plenty of time to research your step up when you are ready for mods/ATV's. Check reviews here and there are lots on YouTube, too.

iameris

Mar 18, 2012
Idaho
Welcome to ECF, kurtus, and congrats on your decision! I'm using one of the 510-t's myself right now, and I think they're a great starter kit. You'll probably end up upgrading or tinkering eventually, but we've all gotta start somewhere, and you don't want to drive yourself totally crazy with all of the options :) You don't necessarily need to buy anything special to fill up your tanks, it all depends on what kind of e-liquid you buy and what kind of bottle it comes in. You may want to consider getting a syringe with a blunt-tipped needle (lots of the online e-juice vendors carry them) since it can make filling faster and easier. I use one with some of the liquids that have larger droppers that don't quite fit in the top of my tank, but I think that's a user-preference issue.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, you get some seriously quick replies here which is great for someone in a hurry to make the switch. Thanks so much for the advise it is very helpful. I think the issue I have is that I want to have a discrete unit that I could use at work and not get all kind of funny looks but I also need it to last for a full shift at work which I would smoke 7-10 smokes. I will look closely at the 510t and kr808 to see what looks best for me. How long or how many smoke would one 510t cartridge last in say total cigs before I run out and need to change it. Should I buy an extra battery or will 2 do for a day?

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Two batteries minimum to start, if 510 or 808.

I can get by on 2 808's for work, no problem. Thing is with vaping, I tend to vape a whole lot more than I smoked (I'm down to 6mg and 0mg nic, though). So, I can kill a battery easily in 3 hours. I just jumped to a Smokeless Image 1300 X2, though, and it lasts me between 2 and 3 days between charging. Carts, well, I can blast one of those in an hour if I'm marathon vaping, otherwise, one will last a good while if I'm behaving myself. I still carry quite the flavor arsenal with me to work, though. I like variety. ;)

Check your profile.

Last edited:

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Welcome to the ECF Kurtus! Sounds like your getting some good advise already. You just saved your own rear end finding vaping LOL. I have been at it since 2-10 and I don't feel like I quit smoking but get to reap the rewards of having quit. I bet your excited about having a new baby but terrified about quitting if your anything like me. A drip top will allow you to drip drops of juice directly down onto your atomizer(called dripping) providing you get a set up with an atomizer(510 does) and even if you don't and go with cartomizers it will be more comfortable on your mouth and easier to pull off to refill than those unruly little plastic caps. Good luck and congrads on the new baby!

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, you get some seriously quick replies here which is great for someone in a hurry to make the switch. Thanks so much for the advise it is very helpful. I think the issue I have is that I want to have a discrete unit that I could use at work and not get all kind of funny looks but I also need it to last for a full shift at work which I would smoke 7-10 smokes. I will look closely at the 510t and kr808 to see what looks best for me. How long or how many smoke would one 510t cartridge last in say total cigs before I run out and need to change it. Should I buy an extra battery or will 2 do for a day?

I use kr808 and I went nuts with 2. Maybe get 3. I have 4 but money can be an issue and I know start up is kinda expensive.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Two batteries minimum to start, if 510 or 808.

I can get buy on 2 808's for work, no problem. Thing is with vaping, I tend to vape a whole lot more than I smoked (I'm down to 6mg and 0mg nic, though). So, I can kill a battery easily in 3 hours. I just jumped to a Smokeless Image 1300 X2, though, and it lasts me between 2 and 3 days between charging. Carts, well, I can blast one of those in an hour if I'm marathon vaping, otherwise, one will last a good while if I'm behaving myself. I still carry quite the flavor arsenal with me to work, though. I like variety. ;)

Check your profile.

Awesome, thanks for that!! I am sorta getting unsure on the size issue now. I think maybe the size thing will pass and I want to be happy with my investment so I am gonna sleep on this and maybe reconsider going to a larger battery.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Sorry can't answer as I skipped the 510 and cigalike step due to needing the batteries to last a shift. Went straight to 1000 mAh Ego's.

Anyway just wanted to say welcome!

Hmmm ego's hey, I'll look at that but it really seams like I should maybe just get the best right off the batt and not .... around with the smaller batteries

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Welcome to the ECF Kurtus! Sounds like your getting some good advise already. You just saved your own rear end finding vaping LOL. I have been at it since 2-10 and I don't feel like I quit smoking but get to reap the rewards of having quit. I bet your excited about having a new baby but terrified about quitting if your anything like me. A drip top will allow you to drip drops of juice directly down onto your atomizer(called dripping) providing you get a set up with an atomizer(510 does) and even if you don't and go with cartomizers it will be more comfortable on your mouth and easier to pull off to refill than those unruly little plastic caps. Good luck and congrads on the new baby!

Thanks a bunch and I was freaking up until this point when I found this site, I really had no clue this was even a possibility up until a week ago.....probably wasn't a concern but man this smoking has got to stop. I am young at 30 and have 2 kids that I need to keep up with so there is some good motivation along with my health of course to get on with this. I think this is going to help alot but unsure if I should be looking for nic juice to start. Thanks for the explination on the drip tip too. Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread