Ahlusion LLC Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
I had blepharosplasty (eyelid surgery) yesterday. I was required to ice for 20 minutes every hour -- Thank God for audiobooks! I just finished a hysterical segment from David Sedaris's book When You Are Burning in Flames about his smoking history (starting with Viceroys). Otherwise, I can see just fine, but I look as though I've seen Satan...as though I used bright red eyeliner!

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I had blepharosplasty (eyelid surgery) yesterday. I was required to ice for 20 minutes every hour -- Thank God for audiobooks! I just finished a hysterical segment from David Sedaris's book When You Are Burning in Flames about his smoking history (starting with Viceroys). Otherwise, I can see just fine, but I look as though I've seen Satan...as though I used bright red eyeliner!
    Glad your feeling good.

• Agree
    Reactions: EleanorR

Jingles

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm still here. My most interesting Ahlusion story lately is I recently got a new small eleaf istick Ammit. I wanted to put a little higher nicotine level juice in it, since it's not very powerful I found an old bottle of Apple Wild Wood in 18 mg in my stash. The bottle has a 2014 date on it. It has lost the Apple flavor, but it still vapes fine! I can also tell that it's a higher nicotine content than my usual 12, so I don't think the nicotine degraded that much over the years. I think I might have to get a fresh bottle though...Lol...

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Yup, we're still out here. Just got a bit of Cafe au Lait and some Mocha. It's become really hard to find 50/50, so it's nice that vendors like Ahl are still alive and well. I keep getting emails from Vapecentric, Ejuices etc. etc. and they're almost all high or max vg, which doesn't work for me.

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2012
    West Central Florida
    Yup, we're still out here. Just got a bit of Cafe au Lait and some Mocha. It's become really hard to find 50/50, so it's nice that vendors like Ahl are still alive and well. I keep getting emails from Vapecentric, Ejuices etc. etc. and they're almost all high or max vg, which doesn't work for me.

I hear you too much VG is too heavy on the chest. I've gotten pretty boring, same three or four base vapes with an occasional outlier.
    Godfather
    Lychee Coco smoothie
    Sleighride
    Hawaiian Sun

Poeia

Bird Brain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2009
    NYC
    I had a couple of flavors I liked that suddenly became 60 or 70% VG. Sorry, I like being able to breathe at the end of the day. So it's pretty much Ahlusion, some Plume Room & Alice in Vapeland. AIV will customize ratios. The first time I said I can't handle more than 50% VG and she made it 60% which is what I get every time now.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    For me it really depends on the juice, which I can't explain. Some at 70vg I can handle well. Others not. I kept trying some of the juices at 75+vg because everyone raved about them. I coughed, I sniffled, my throat burned. Strange isn't it.
    That's made more difficult by the fact that I won't knowingly vape sucralose, as I don't think it's healthy to ingest in any manner. Many many juices contain it, and most vendors won't reply when you ask if they use it. Tough.

Poeia

Bird Brain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2009
    NYC
    For me it really depends on the juice, which I can't explain. Some at 70vg I can handle well. Others not. I kept trying some of the juices at 75+vg because everyone raved about them. I coughed, I sniffled, my throat burned. Strange isn't it.
    That's made more difficult by the fact that I won't knowingly vape sucralose, as I don't think it's healthy to ingest in any manner. Many many juices contain it, and most vendors won't reply when you ask if they use it. Tough.
    I like VG while I'm vaping it. If it's a secondary flavor for me & I vape a couple of ml early in the day, no problem. But if I really like it and make it my flavor of the day, by sunset it is hard to take a big breath. It's the same tightness I sometimes got when I smoked too much.

And, speaking of smoking, did you know the new protocol for testing ex-smokers over age 50 isn't an x-ray? It's a low-level CAT scan yearly for something like 15 years. I had my first one last month & passed. One 4mm nodule which is the equivalent of a cyst when checking your breasts. I don't know how I passed -- I was a freaking chimney for about 40 years. But I am not looking that gift horse in it's proverbial mouth.

Reactions: EleanorR

Poeia

Bird Brain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2009
    NYC
    Wow, annual Spiral CT scans for fifteen straight years??!! What an incredible -- nay, unavoidable -- scenario for false positives! :mad:

Oh well, no problem -- the accompanying fear, anxiety and ever-more invasive follow-up testing of each of those false positives is something we all deserve, as ex-smokers. :evil:
    My previous doctor didn't know (or, since he did the x-rays in his office didn't want to send people out). So I skipped my first 9 of them. I had pneumonia about 6 months after I quit smoking & got an MRI afterwards. I assume that's the one that can really find little nothings & make them look like something.

Given a choice between a false positive and a false negative from an x-ray, I think most people would prefer the former.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    yearly CT scans for maybe the rest of my life?
    that's radiation, even if low level, over my bod.
    Not likely.
    I guess what makes me more skeptical is, assuming no more smoking, why would one's lung health (tumors etc) deteriorate so many years after quitting?
    That doesn't make much sense to me. But, I guess those folks need to make their money somehow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread