Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
yearly CT scans for maybe the rest of my life?
that's radiation, even if low level, over my bod.
Not likely.
I guess what makes me more skeptical is, assuming no more smoking, why would one's lung health (tumors etc) deteriorate so many years after quitting?
That doesn't make much sense to me. But, I guess those folks need to make their money somehow.
I do know that you can still get lung cancer years after you quit smoking. I knew someone who quit smoking when she had a heart attack. Ten years later she was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away within a year. Seems totally unfair to me. That said, I don't think I am in favor of yearly scans for myself.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
X-rays are also yearly radiation.

When I got my MRI, the pulmonologist told me "You're one of the lucky ones. You don't have any damage yet. But that doesn't mean..."

It takes about 15 years of not smoking before your risk of heart disease is the same as that of a never smoker. For lung cancer it's more like 20 years. We ex-smokers did a lot of damage to ourselves.

Whether you want CT scans, X-rays or nothing depends on what you are more worried about -- elevated risk of disease or additional radiation. For me it's the former. For you it's the later.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I do know that you can still get lung cancer years after you quit smoking. I knew someone who quit smoking when she had a heart attack. Ten years later she was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away within a year. Seems totally unfair to me. That said, I don't think I am in favor of yearly scans for myself.
I belong to a "early detection lung cancer screening program"
Low dose MRI suggested yearly but I do every other year. I have a spot on my lung that has calcified but it is supposedly an optimum place for cancer to grow. That coupled with 40+ years of smoking makes me high risk. The spot has not changed since it was discovered 20+ years ago. If I developed lung cancer I would want to know early (I guess)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Do you mean these, basic joyetech 510 atomizers? I bought a ton for <$1 at Vapor Kings a couple of years ago but it looks like they're sold out.

The Vapor Room has them $6 each (discounts on 3 or more)
JoyeTech 510 Atomizer 2.0 oHm & 1.5oHm - The Vapor Room

It looks like Cignot might have them too.
510 Atomizers (also for standard eGo kit)

I guess they are rare these days which is why they're so expensive but I googled "joyetech 510 atomizer" and got plenty of hits.

I would love to hear more about these attys. I've heard they're great for testing juice when DIYing. I don't DIY yet, but plan to learn it at some point. With these attys, do I need coils? Will standard old-school drip tips work?

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
Has anyone tried AHL's Gold Member? It's supposed to be an older caramel juice that they brought back. It sounds good to me.

I finally tried the Hawaiian Sun, after reading good things about it here. I love it! Thanks for the recommendation!
I just got some last week, and really like it. It's a smooth, slightly smoky flavor. I usually only vape fruits for the most part, but this is perfect for a change of pace, or with a good cup of coffee. :)

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I just got some last week, and really like it. It's a smooth, slightly smoky flavor. I usually only vape fruits for the most part, but this is perfect for a change of pace, or with a good cup of coffee. :)

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it. Thank you!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I would love to hear more about these attys. I've heard they're great for testing juice when DIYing. I don't DIY yet, but plan to learn it at some point. With these attys, do I need coils? Will standard old-school drip tips work?
Basically they are just the coil (inside a little metal tube). You stick a drip tip on top. Add about 5 drops of liquid & push the button on your PV. If you add too much liquid, it leaks out the bottom. Have a tissue handy.

They usually have some oil in them that let them be stored. Blow that out several times then add some very short shots of power to burn off what's left since it tastes nasty. Really short shots or you kill the atomizer. (You can also blow out & burn off the remnants of one flavor when you want to change.)

Eventually they burn out. If you have an ohm meter, it will read as "1". That means it's dead. Sometimes they burn out quickly.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Basically they are just the coil (inside a little metal tube). You stick a drip tip on top. Add about 5 drops of liquid & push the button on your PV. If you add too much liquid, it leaks out the bottom. Have a tissue handy.

They usually have some oil in them that let them be stored. Blow that out several times then add some very short shots of power to burn off what's left since it tastes nasty. Really short shots or you kill the atomizer. (You can also blow out & burn off the remnants of one flavor when you want to change.)

Eventually they burn out. If you have an ohm meter, it will read as "1". That means it's dead. Sometimes they burn out quickly.

Thank you very much!

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    This is a great start for the New Year, Ahlusion juice package just arrived.

20181231_120420.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread