Not open for further replies.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
Posted by Ahlusion on their Facebook page:

As many of you have heard, Michigan has proposed a ban on flavored (fruity, sweet, etc.) eliquids.

As posted by the Lansing State Journal: "The vaping ban has not been officially filed but will be effective immediately once complete in a few weeks. Once filed, it will last six months, Whitmer's spokesperson said. Michigan businesses will be given 30 days to comply with the new regulations."

We will be watching this closely to see when it has been officially filed. We will be awaiting the specifics regarding flavors. We will keep you informed as we find out more.

PLEASE NOTE: There may be an increase in processing times as we are experiencing an increase in orders. Michigan orders will not be shipping out the same day as placed for the time being. Thank you for your patience.

Resource: Michigan vape ban: 4 questions about the new ban of flavored vape products, answered

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
Oh my God, we can't loose Ahlusion!!! Might have to do a buying frenzy! How have you been @tyleris12 .
Honestly, I'll be surprised if this really goes through, but with all the mis-information being put out there right now, it's hard to tell. I feel the worst for Wlad and Alley, and all the other vape shop owners in Michigan. This ban would put thousands of people out of work, and businesses closed down. :(

Hi bigbob, I'm hanging in there, just dealing with some severe health issues, but surviving. Thanks for asking! How have you been?

Bukket5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage
Hi Friends!

I hoped there’d be some posting after news of the Michigan ban. Thank you, @tyleris12.

After switching flavors constantly for years I’ve found myself vaping only Lemon Cream for the last two years. Gave away or tossed all of my other flavors. I never thought I’d have an ADV. I just ordered 10 large bottles last week but with the news I guess I’d better order 10 more and start thinking about stopping. Since I can’t vape anything over 30VG there really isn’t any other option for good e-juice. I can’t stand the cheaper commercial flavors. Ahlusion has spoiled me!

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Having just discovered this great company only recently, I'm pretty mortified about what the state of Michigan is doing. I hope for these folks sake that they might consider a partial relocation so that they can continue to survive if Michigans draconian law comes to pass.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Good to know Ahlusion is still in business. Surprised actually. I thought they were winding down the business, when they closed their retail locations a few years back.

Ahlusion was one of the vendors I purchased from prior to DIY'ing, and despite the occasional glitches with their website, I have fond memories. Hopefully they can still ship to customers outside Michigan, even if the ban goes through on schedule.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
So, the flavor ban isnt in effect yet. They say it will take a couple of weeks to get the "rules" written up. Then once it goes into effect, businesses will have 30 days to comply. If it truly does happen, Ahlusion will not be able to sell any flavored eliquids to anyone, even if the buyer is not in Michigan. Nor will anyone in Michigan be able to purchase eliquids from an out of state vendor.

Believe me, everyone here in Michigan is doing all they can to try and get this stopped, but who knows how much that will help. It amazes me that there are so many deaths a day from smoking related issues, yet no one's been worried about that. I know, it's all about the taxes and money.

I have only purchased from Ahlusion for the last 8+ years, as I have seen their clean room, and trust their products. My heart breaks thinking they may loose their business, even more than me losing my ability to purchase from them. I, too, like @Bukket5 will choose to quit vaping, if they close down. I probably need to anyways, as I've been vaping for 9.5 years now. It's just all very sad.

I'll try my best to keep you all posted as I hear more.

Last edited:

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I just saw a piece on Fox News Channel about the banning fever with a legal opinion that gave me hope. It was on the Shepherd Smith Show. Judge Andrew Napolitano, The FNC's Senior Judicial Analyst said the governments in MI and NY will lose legal challenges to the vaping bans because there aren't any facts to support a ban. I am hoping something will happen to keep the bans from going into effect at all, but at least at this point, I don't see that happening. I am encouraged by Napolitano's opinion that, the ban won't hold up to legal challenge. Surely, the bigger juice makers like AHL and Mr. E will move operations to another more vape-friendly state during the ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread