Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Any way to know for sure?
Cause by now I've seen 3 videos with each guy saying the same thing about the venting.
I thought the AL85 would be a great playmate for my Picos until the venting question popped up. Read that some folks can blow thru it and are satisfied with that? Eh, too much other stuff available out there to be playin guessing games with one particular mod. I wrote it off and if you have any doubts you probably should too.

My:2c:

Reactions: r77r7r

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I just don't get all the hang-ups in regards 'battery venting'. If a cell catastrophically fails then half a dozen wee holes will not be of much help. Unless it's to direct the jets of flame ?
Mooch did an excellent interview (find it yourself, i did) regarding the whole issue of batteries venting and (very, very rare) total failure of a cell. In the event of venting due to over stressed batteries the pressure build up in a mod is minimal and will escape through any seam.
Scare stories are driving the 'vent hole' debates - maybe we should change the question to 'where are the cooling points for the board' - probably more relevant ? .....

Sorry about the rant. I was just venting.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I just don't get all the hang-ups in regards 'battery venting'. If a cell catastrophically fails then half a dozen wee holes will not be of much help. Unless it's to direct the jets of flame ?
Mooch did an excellent interview (find it yourself, i did) regarding the whole issue of batteries venting and (very, very rare) total failure of a cell. In the event of venting due to over stressed batteries the pressure build up in a mod is minimal and will escape through any seam.
Scare stories are driving the 'vent hole' debates - maybe we should change the question to 'where are the cooling points for the board' - probably more relevant ? .....

Hey thanks for the response.
Makes sense.

Reactions: Eskie

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon

I think it's more of an issue with mech mods that are just a metal tube with the ends capped off. In one of those a battery venting situation could literally turn it into a pipe bomb if the internal pressure builds up past the point of structural failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread