Alien Visions has officially rocked my world!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cypresss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
The Shaolin NYC
www.youtube.com
This really changes things for me. I had read some posts here and there about Boba's being the greatest thing since sliced bread. I hadn't found a "go to" vape, but tended to like tobacco flavored juices more, so I figured what the heck. I ordered a bottle of Boba's, a bottle of 555 and a bottle of Gamel.

First the good news...Boba's is better than sliced bread. It was insanely thick with a deep red color and a taste that I made me actually say "Wow!" out loud. AND there was a free bottle of Gamel thrown in with my order.

The bad news: Both the Gamel and the 555 tasted nothing like any of the reviews. The 555 was just robustly meh with a slight hint of weird and the Gamel was basically flavorless (and a little ashy). I actually mixed the Gamel with 12 ml's of another vendor's honey flue cured and it turned out great.

Until I read through this thread, I was happy enough with 1 my bottle of Boba's to simply count the others in my order as a loss. I still have a whole bottle of the Gamel and only vaped < 1ml of the 555. Knowing how impressive Boba's is, and seeing the great reviews of the G and 555, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with my juice. Any suggestions?

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I'd give it a day or two and go back...
I most prefer his Boba's and Flue Cured...

The Gamel, 555 and CD/Marley are good to me... but they don't pack a huge flavor punch... I think they are good tobacco vapes, but the flavors are more subtle... I think the Gamel is the more flavorful out of the three... if you want more flavor... the Havana is packed with it... but you've got to appreciate cigar...

If you think something is wrong, write Ben...

If it's just a case of not liking them... post the for trade [FT] in the classifieds... someone will trade you.

Tracey081

Jun 26, 2010
Virginia
Cypresss! I couldn't hear you! (The opening part was loud, but then your voice drops so low I've got my speakers on high and still reading lips! Still watched though -- just wish I could hear you better!)

I've been vaping BB 24mg for several days now, and I like it. LOVE the bottle, although I think the label should be better. To me, BB doesn't taste that much different from Cignot's Basic Tobacco #3. But maybe my palette isn't that great yet. (I'm working on week #4 of vaping, and still smoke analogs occasionally). BB is a good tobacco flavor; satisfying.

I can tell a difference between the BB and the flue-cured -- both flavors I'll keep in my arsenal, btw. The flue-cured is somewhat "less sweet" and has a harsher TH, which I sometimes enjoy.

Thanks to reviewers on this thread -- I think BB is a keeper!

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I got my first order in today. I've found my new juice supplier!!!
Absolutely ♥LOVE♥ the Boba's Bounty. It has a nutty undertone that is awesome and everyone was not kidding about the thick , full vapor it makes. I have 2 other flavors to try if I can leave the Boba's alone long enough. lol
Killer fast shipping, fantastic service..and the best eliquid imo .
Already planning on another order.
Thank you Ben!

P.S. The bottles are insanely cute and the dropper they have is great about no mess.

Last edited:

cypresss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
The Shaolin NYC
www.youtube.com
Cypresss! I couldn't hear you! (The opening part was loud, but then your voice drops so low I've got my speakers on high and still reading lips! Still watched though -- just wish I could hear you better!)

I've been vaping BB 24mg for several days now, and I like it. LOVE the bottle, although I think the label should be better. To me, BB doesn't taste that much different from Cignot's Basic Tobacco #3. But maybe my palette isn't that great yet. (I'm working on week #4 of vaping, and still smoke analogs occasionally). BB is a good tobacco flavor; satisfying.

I can tell a difference between the BB and the flue-cured -- both flavors I'll keep in my arsenal, btw. The flue-cured is somewhat "less sweet" and has a harsher TH, which I sometimes enjoy.

Thanks to reviewers on this thread -- I think BB is a keeper!

I'll check my settings a little better for the next one and hopefully get the audio right. Definitely looking for feedback, so thanks.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
Gamel has a bit more flavor than marly - I like it... but something I'd recommend trying if you want to try an AV juice that's very different is the Irish Cream...

It's not syrupy sweet like an Irish Cream candy taste... it's a pretty unique flavor that I think is true to the actual beverage.

I'm really curious about this, I'm looking to purchase my first e-juice and e-cig soon (going with a 510, Magma branded), and I think either Boba's Bounty or Backwoods Applewood Tobacco are going to be my first e-liquid.

Problem becomes, I thought he carried 18mL as well as 12mL, but I seem to be sadly mistaken. What happened to the 18?

Also, being a recently quit smoker (3 months and counting since my last nicotine), I'm worried about what nicotine level to get. I smoked a pack of Marlboro Reds a day for 5 years, but now that I'm quit and free of nicotine, I'm not sure how my body is going to react picking it back up.

I figured "all right, I'll go with a 12mg, 6 probably being too low and 18 being maybe too high to try at first". But apparently, just reading this thread specifically, the flavour and quality diminishes proportionally with the nicotine level?

SaltoftheEarth

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
I'm really curious about this, I'm looking to purchase my first e-juice and e-cig soon (going with a 510, Magma branded), and I think either Boba's Bounty or Backwoods Applewood Tobacco are going to be my first e-liquid.

Problem becomes, I thought he carried 18mL as well as 12mL, but I seem to be sadly mistaken. What happened to the 18?

Also, being a recently quit smoker (3 months and counting since my last nicotine), I'm worried about what nicotine level to get. I smoked a pack of Marlboro Reds a day for 5 years, but now that I'm quit and free of nicotine, I'm not sure how my body is going to react picking it back up.

I figured "all right, I'll go with a 12mg, 6 probably being too low and 18 being maybe too high to try at first". But apparently, just reading this thread specifically, the flavour and quality diminishes proportionally with the nicotine level?

I was thinking 12mg before I read that you were thinking 12mg too. I smoked exactly what you smoked before I started vaping at 24mg, but I didn't have that 3 month nicotine free period. Anyway, the flavor does change in my experience with Alien Visions juice, at least a few months back it did, based on the nicotine level. I would go with 12 to 18. Even if you went with 24 mg I would say that is comparable to starting back on Marlboro Reds, but you may as well start lower and see how it goes. I will say that I have some 18mg juice from Alien Visions that is full of flavor.

Boba's Bounty is an excellent choice! I would also recommend Halo's Freedom or Torque. I haven't tried Backwoods juice yet so I can't offer an opinion.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
Salt, you'd like backwoods.
Like Ben, Dk puts his passion into crafting juices. Clean, lots of vapor and flavors that leave you wanting more.

Thirdfloor, I would get a few juices to start.
taste buds are fickle.

I'd get Boba's, gamel or marley and maybe ben's ry4 or if you like "cigar" flavor... his havana is wicked good.

derek88

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago
Gamel has a bit more flavor than marly - I like it... but something I'd recommend trying if you want to try an AV juice that's very different is the Irish Cream...

It's not syrupy sweet like an Irish Cream candy taste... it's a pretty unique flavor that I think is true to the actual beverage.

Ourei recommended it to me in chat and picked up a bottle to try cant wait till it gets here :) Thanks Ourei :oops:

Same with Boba and Flue Im going to lock the doors unplug the phones and go to vaping heaven :vapor:
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread