Boba's Bounty VG - Alien Visions Juice Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Alien Visions juices I have tried perform perfect in my stock tank carto with a low ohm carto. I have found VG to be a great choice in tanks when purchased from Alien Visions. I use this company exclusively for my juices now.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.387080,-106.727198
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonybaloney

Dec 1, 2011
US
Not a huge fan of Boba's Bounty. I almost like it but it has this chemical taste to it that I just can't get passed. Maybe it's just me. After reading all the reviews on it, I fell like Boba's Bounty is way to hyped for what it is. Marginal at best. Look elsewhere

On a side note, I refuse to buy anything from any supplier that doesn't have a steady supply of their product. I don't understand how these companies say they are waiting on supplies. If it is an item with that much popularity, buy a ton of it and have reserves. Also, if you have to shut your company down for days to keep up with supply, move your shop out of your "house", get a retail store and hire some employees. It shows a lack of professionalism and leads me to believe that it is not a reputable business. There are a ton of other vendors with quality products that understand exceptional customer service is the first and most important asset a business can have. Stop supporting these companies and see how fast those issues are resolved.

ki77en

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Ohio
First of all, I got my BB and GJ in a couple weeks ago. I didn't have too many cartos at the time so I wanted to save them for when my others ran dry and I could flush them out. I first tried GJ (gorilla juice) and liked it, but it kinda reminded me of a turkish flavor I had when I first tried vaping last year but FAR better. Then I tried the BB (boba's bounty) and DO love reeeaaallly smooth taste of it, but I've been noticing s/thing from both of them.

I have a pg sensitivity which affects the sensitive muscles in my neck and shoulders (multiple car accidents) so when I went to 100% vg, that went away AND the dryness you get from vaping went away - not entirely, but enough to vastly notice the difference. That being said, w/ both of these juices I have had the same effects that I would get from the regular 80/20 blends - dryness, stiffness in neck.

I think I read that there was pg in some of the flavorings - if not all - so I'm wondering if tobacco blends actually have more pg in them than say, fruity flavors?

Things were going great w/ the 100% vg I ordered in a variety of flavs but then when I tried these last 2, as much as I like them they are giving me the discomfort that was part of the reason I stopped the first time.

Thankfully, I still have some of the other juices left and my DIY juices are ready - but my clearomizer SUCKS w/ straight vg. And not to fret - I'm not going to give up the BB and GJ. Just trying to do it in moderation b/c on the kgo, the vape is phenomenal and tasty enough to NOT want to stop. My other cartos and flavors should be here later this week.

Anyone else w/ a pg sensitivity experiencing these problems??

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Fairly new vaper but a voracious consumer of information when I get into something new, and with all the hype about Boba's Bounty, I had to make it one of my earliest purchases in juices. I picked up 5 different AVE tobacco flavors.

I just loaded BB in a Boge 510 SR carto adapted to a KR808 battery, and even with that low-power setup I immediately understood what the buzz is about. Boba's is indeed a unique flavor, it's got something for everyone really, nutty, toasty, creamy-sweet, vanilla, atop a nice subtle tobacco "canvas". Lush vapor even from lower-power setups, and no problem wicking once you get the carto saturated (thermometer technique for this one).

Popping that carto on my kGo later and it's just more of a good thing. I'm not sure where this will rank as my tasting days go on but so far, this early in my "career," Boba's does seem like a top-notch selection. It is rich and comforting. It made me smile. A real winner. :thumb:

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Fairly new vaper but a voracious consumer of information when I get into something new, and with all the hype about Boba's Bounty, I had to make it one of my earliest purchases in juices. I picked up 5 different AVE tobacco flavors.

I just loaded BB in a Boge 510 SR carto adapted to a KR808 battery, and even with that low-power setup I immediately understood what the buzz is about. Boba's is indeed a unique flavor, it's got something for everyone really, nutty, toasty, creamy-sweet, vanilla, atop a nice subtle tobacco "canvas". Lush vapor even from lower-power setups, and no problem wicking once you get the carto saturated (thermometer technique for this one).

Popping that carto on my kGo later and it's just more of a good thing. I'm not sure where this will rank as my tasting days go on but so far, this early in my "career," Boba's does seem like a top-notch selection. It is rich and comforting. It made me smile. A real winner. :thumb:

Kgo is a good start but there's nothing like boba's at 9 watts, tastes so different and so much better.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
:vapor: Sounds great, will have to try it one day

That isn't specific just to boba's, FYI. Most juices taste better/different at different voltages. It's the reason so many people go on and on about how great VV is. It's also why I couldn't imagine going back to something non VV or VW.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Oddly enough a few days later my Boba's has changed. I've seen similar reports of this but I'm not sure what it is. I have had a few times where it seemed flat and tasteless, or just far less complex than when I first vaped it. I don't know whether it's the juice or my taste buds. I loaded it in an EMDCC and frankly hate it in that configuration, it's almost tasteless. Feel like I wasted 5ml loading that thing. It's okay in a Smoktech XL 1.7ohm carto, somehow it has picked up more throat hit and less complexity. My original vaping was in a Boge SR carto.

Similar reports here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/alien-visions-e-juice/226338-bobas-lost-its-flavor.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...on/266390-why-my-bobas-becoming-so-bland.html

I could swear it has also become thinner. Maybe I forgot to shake it or something? I'll revisit it in a few days.

sammy43

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Some thoughts on changes in flavor or flavor loss: I had a tough time recently with a head cold and could not taste much of anything in any e-juice. The boost of pollen in the air recently has also aggravated my sinuses even further. Makes for an unpleasant vaping experience.

My wife went through a similar loss of taste/smell when she first quit smoking and it seemed like no e-juice would satisfy. This went away after about two weeks and she is now enjoying all the flavors. Unfortunate thing about this is she has discovered she loves Boba's Bounty. Now the bottle is disappearing even faster and we are fighting over the last couple of ml's. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread