Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
About 6 months ago I had a regulated box mod. Before I got the hex ohm. Someone gave me some alien claptons and they ohmed so low the box said check atomizer. If u cant use them what good r they?

they are either for use in a single coil atty, not a dual, OR they can be used in series in an atty which allows for it.

what they weren't for is the application you attempted to use them in is all...

always a different way to do something..

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
OK, I'm stupid.

How does this work? (If you don't mind explaining)
Guess I'm not up to speed. They have high impedance posts?

you will have to forgive my brain mush as it's morning so I'm sure I'm not explaining correctly.

there are a couple attys they made that are dual coil attys, but they gave you the option of a change-out center post so that instead of halving your ohms in a dual coil set up you would double it..

I can't remember what they are called, almost bought one for my son once...

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It's funny how times have changed and resistance kind of forgotten . Low resistance is so popular now , but not to long ago there was no regulated mods that would fire coils much under 1 ohm. Year by year chips were able to go lower, but there are still mods around that won't fire under a certain resistance. Not saying this is the issue with your mod, as it can be a few things.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You ultra-low-ohm guys are all insane. Just say'n.
Don't lump me in with them. Personally, I see no need to build like that.

Of course there are mods that will gracefully handle super-low ohm builds these days. Being able to handle ultra-low resistances became necessary during the development of temperature control, where the materials with the highest TCRs also had crazy low resistance, so boards were developed that could buck voltages quite low while producing really high current.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You know, and this may sound like simplistic advice, but I don't go shoving whatever self built whatever on my mod and then complain "what is it good for."

It's good for learning "different people like different things," or perhaps, "I need to learn to make my own coils, because at least I am TRYING to know what I'm doing," or even, good for learning, "That was a nice friendly gesture from my acquaintance, they can take up a little room in the trash for a while until it goes out to the curb, and if he asks, I can tell him they were great, but very long lasting or, if wanting to be more honest, I can say, they ohms were too low for me, would you like them back?"

I mean.... Many things are not "good" for vaping. Jam and jelly are just terrible for the vaping experience. I don't try to vaporize water, because it's not good for my equipment.

Sounds to me like you are hanging with a low resistance crowd. You don't have to mimic them exactly, so I guess most of all, they were GOOD for learning what does and doesn't work, coil wise, for you AND your equipment.. Etc."

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: mintymints

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Aliens and all those other fancy coils are beautiful to look at. I recommend them to anyone complaining that their batteries last too long. Other than that, I personally don't see the advantage.
Unfortunately, your claim that you personally don't see the advantage says more about you than it says about how alien coils perform.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Unfortunately, your claim that you personally don't see the advantage says more about you than it says about how alien coils perform.
Hence the word "personally". Was I too cryptic for you or are you just needing more attention? Nobody home to play catch?

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Hence the word "personally". Was I too cryptic for you or are you just needing more attention? Nobody home to play catch?
No, not too cryptic in any way. Just not very informative about how alien coils factually perform, nor exactly trying to be very helpful about how their performance could be improved.

Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
No, not too cryptic in any way. Just not very informative about how alien coils factually perform, nor exactly trying to be very helpful about how their performance could be improved.
That's your 3rd post in this thread that has nothing to do with alien coils. You should start a thread called "Critiquing Asbestos" if all you want to do is talk about me.
Otherwise, why not be helpful to the op and offer up some information regarding the best way to maximize performance from alien coils rather than being a complete and utter hypocrite.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
That's your 3rd post in this thread that has nothing to do with alien coils. You should start a thread called "Critiquing Asbestos" if all you want to do is talk about me.
Otherwise, why not be helpful to the op and offer up some information regarding the best way to maximize performance from alien coils rather than being a complete and utter hypocrite.
I was, and am, being helpful:
Aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread