Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
You two are making me want to write a poetic ode about your bitter rivalry turning into a dear friendship. It may happen. Maybe after yoga, though.

Which thread would be best though, I mean, I have about 50 to choose from.... LOL.

Anna
Bitter rivalry? Umm....no.

Reactions: Baditude

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I had a pair of GeekVape alien coils that were too low to fire on my Minikin until i got them adjusted. I had to do one and got it above .2 and then did the other. They ended up at .11. I think the low ohm threshold on that mod is .08. I ended up using the aliens in my Rabbit SQ. I was much happier with them as a single coil. Those were the only aliens I ever bought. I prefer Ni80 triple core fused claptons for duals and SS quads for singles

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I had a pair of GeekVape alien coils that were too low to fire on my Minikin until i got them adjusted. I had to do one and got it above .2 and then did the other. They ended up at .11. I think the low ohm threshold on that mod is .08. I ended up using the aliens in my Rabbit SQ. I was much happier with them as a single coil. Those were the only aliens I ever bought. I prefer Ni80 triple core fused claptons for duals and SS quads for singles
On regulated devices I like to build higher resistance. You can build for surface area and set the power to whatever you like. My favorite is a 7 wrap triple core FC and it comes out at around .3 with dual coils. You get better vapor production with less power.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Instead of aliens give the quad claptons a try. They are wider and flatter. You will get more surface area with less metal. They ramp up quick and produce tons of vapor. If you are doing dual coils go with the 30×4/40ga. The resistance on the thicker ones will be too low for dual coils.
10 Pack Quad Core Fused Clapton Coils 316L SS (28gx4/36g) or (30gx4/40g)

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Instead of aliens give the quad claptons a try. They are wider and flatter. You will get more surface area with less metal. They ramp up quick and produce tons of vapor. If you are doing dual coils go with the 30×4/40ga. The resistance on the thicker ones will be too low for dual coils.
10 Pack Quad Core Fused Clapton Coils 316L SS (28gx4/36g) or (30gx4/40g)
I never know how many turns to buy. I always leave the site without buying anything because I don't know the base ohms. But they have gorgeous coils at excellent price.

Reactions: stols001

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I never know how many turns to buy. I always leave the site without buying anything because I don't know the base ohms. But they have gorgeous coils at excellent price.
I always buy the spools. There is a chart that tells the resistance of the coils by diameter and number of wraps. They are beautiful and they last forever. I have had some SS quad core coils in constant use for 3 months and they are still like new.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread