All Hail Glorious Analogue Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

forks

Apr 14, 2012
Low Earth Orbit
Hi, I'm Forks.
I just joined this neat-o forum because I have found a great thing.
You have all found it, some long before me, but to me it is a new and exciting prospect.
I have stopped smoking the dreaded old fashioned analogue cowboy-killers,
two weeks three hours and fifty five minutes ago.:banana:
I got a crappy Giamucci (sp?) e-cig last year, but it ran out of power and I went back to the analogues.
Gave it another go, with another crappy e-cig, a 21st Century... which again ran out of power.
Instead of going back on the analogues, I bought (yet another crappy e-cig) a Mistic with some carto's and the charger.
I have been on it, and off the ol' smokey-chokeys. :evil:
If I had been intelligent, I would have just bought a nice PV from the start, but alas.
I'm saving up to buy a more advanced and nice PV, perhaps even this "alpha" from altsmoke...
the "tank mod" idea appeals greatly to me, as I used to be a ~2 pack a day smoker.
Used to be.
Still makes me happy to say that. :laugh:
I look forward to many intriguing and informative discussions, fellow vapers.:toast:

forks

Apr 14, 2012
Low Earth Orbit
Ah, such an active community too!
Even taking time to reply, so quickly, to greet me.
Thanks for the advice too, I have been viewing YouTube videos on many different styles.
It makes me want one of these advanced ones, especially the great billowing clouds of vapor they release.
I am also attempting, this very morning, to build a box mod to power these 2-3 old carto's I have left over.
I have extracted the power coupling from the battery of the 21st Century, and I have an old flashlight that holds 3 AAA's.
Now to find a switch and to solder some things... myess.

forks

Apr 14, 2012
Low Earth Orbit
Here is a photo of my quick rigged "box mod" without a box yet.
http://i.imgur.com/EVNpr.jpg
I have tested it... it burns the cartomizer a little hot but it will do splendidly to use up these cheap-o 21st Century cartomizers.
I think the carto's were designed to run at 4 volts, and the 3 AAA's are putting out 4.5... I actually like the increased TH and vapor.
It's total junk compared to some of the beautiful mods I have seen here, but it's a quick fixer.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
Oddly I came into vaping seeing it more as a new hobby than a quit smoking solution. I mean I did fully realize that the money I spent on vaping would be coming directly from the same funds I used for analogs. But stopping analogs seemed almost secondary to the fun I was going to have learning and experimenting in this new world. I even think having the funds available for my new vaping adventures made me want to stop buying analogs even more.

People at work seem amazed that I stopped analogs almost instantly upon starting vaping. Without any cravings, mood swings, or any of those other horror stories. That's after smoking like 1.5 packs a day for over 30 years.

They're like "how long has it been since your last smoke?" And I'll be like "Meh I dunno, a month, 6 weeks, something like that... But did you see this new tank I got!" LOL.

Glad to see that vaping is helping another (and so many others) quit smoking. Weclome aboard, the adventure has just begun.

forks

Apr 14, 2012
Low Earth Orbit
I appreciate your concerns and the informative links.

!! I do not encourage anyone to attempt replicating any of the rigged, crappy things I might post pics of. !!

The issue with exploding batteries is with the lithium rechargeable types...
I'm just using plain alkaline AAA's, I have a huge box of semi-drained bargain varieties.
There is much less danger of a "meltdown" on the plain old alkalines. :laugh:

The cartomizers I am using were designed for a 4.6 V battery, and the AAA's provide 4.5 V.
I don't plan on catching my face on fire or melting it with acids...
so I put vent holes in the bottom anyway. :2cool:

Here is a photo of it with a salvaged box:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread