ALL VAPERS look at this pic! what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vape.jpg

this was posted on a chilis door in bradenton FL. How can they try and pull this crap??

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Honestly....with sub-ohm vaping gaining a popularity, and more and more people cloud chasing and blowing HUGE plumes of vapor in public....it shouldn't surprise anyone one bit that more and more establishments are going to ban vaping.

I'm not against cloud chasing at all, but I'm also not against businesses choosing what they allow, or don't allow, on their own property.

Heck, if a business posts a sign saying "MUST WEAR BLUE SHIRTS ONLY", that is THEIR imperative...and there is nothing wrong with that, aside from the fact that it will obviously kill their business from lack of customers.

Vaping is relatively new (5 years, give or take), and it looks very similar to smoking, so it is understandable that establishments might not want people to vape in front of/in their stores. Add sub-ohm vaping and mods that look like bricks to the mix, and it just adds fuel to the fire.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Not trying to start an argument here.....but what really is so hard about not vaping on the premises?

Because that's not on the premises. If that site entrance is on a public street they have no right no make a claim to what is allowable public behavior within 50 feet of their entrance, unless an ordinance was passed prohibiting that specific behavior within a specific distance to the entrance of a business. Short version: You can't make up rules like that, just because you feel like it.

To the OP, do you know if anything of the sort was passed regarding prohibiting vaping near the entrance of a business?

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    i've been trying to find any type of ordinance and i don't see any. actually found one in washington state that approves the use of ecigs indoors which is awesome i sent a link of the story to my state representive and urged him to take a look and to determine his own opinion on the subject.

It varies in WA state. In King County, it has been treated like smoking for years. You can't vape indoors or within 20 ft of any business, etc.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Scranton, Pa USA
    Honestly....with sub-ohm vaping gaining a popularity, and more and more people cloud chasing and blowing HUGE plumes of vapor in public....it shouldn't surprise anyone one bit that more and more establishments are going to ban vaping.

I'm not against cloud chasing at all, but I'm also not against businesses choosing what they allow, or don't allow, on their own property.

Heck, if a business posts a sign saying "MUST WEAR BLUE SHIRTS ONLY", that is THEIR imperative...and there is nothing wrong with that, aside from the fact that it will obviously kill their business from lack of customers.

Vaping is relatively new (5 years, give or take), and it looks very similar to smoking, so it is understandable that establishments might not want people to vape in front of/in their stores. Add sub-ohm vaping and mods that look like bricks to the mix, and it just adds fuel to the fire.

I agree with this as well.... It only takes a few bad apples to give us all a bad name.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2013
    Germany
    Because that's not on the premises. If that site entrance is on a public street they have no right no make a claim to what is allowable public behavior within 50 feet of their entrance, unless an ordinance was passed prohibiting that specific behavior within a specific distance to the entrance of a business. Short version: You can't make up rules like that, just because you feel like it.

Exactly.
    If the "within 50 feet of the entrance" is on their private property, they can prohibit it.
    If the "within 50 feet of the entrance" is on public property, e.g. a public sidewalk, they have no jurisdiction over that public sidewalk. In that case, the government / city hall has jurisdiction over that public sidewalk.

I think Starbucks was once planning to prohibit smoking x feet from the entrance of their outlets - in Germany.
    I'd like to see them try to forbid a legal activity happening on the public sidewalk of a sovereign country. A public sidewalk owned by that sovereign country and peopled by free citizens of that sovereign country :sneaky:

Last edited:

Tomthern

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    White River Junction, VT
    Unfotunately some people lack courtesy. When I smoked cigarettes, I never threw tgem out the car window or smashed them on the ground. I didn't want to be the cause of bans. Vaping is the same way. I ask before I do if there are non smokers around. I havent heard no but if I did I,d respect it. But that's just me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread