ALL VAPERS look at this pic! what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Before this Thread Spirals off, Maybe the OP can come back and tell where Exactly this Door and Sign are.

Is it Inside a Enclosed Shopping Mall? No

Is it Facing Outside in a Strip Mall? No

Is it Facing Outside of a Free Standing Building? Yes

Is it Inside a Chilies? No

Answers in red.

Although I'm not the OP, being a resident of the city/county, I'm very familiar with said establishment and our local smoking/vaping policies.

Before this Thread Spirals off, Maybe the OP can come back and tell where Exactly this Door and Sign are.

Is it Inside a Enclosed Shopping Mall?

Is it Facing Outside in a Strip Mall?

Is it Facing Outside of a Free Standing Building?

Is it Inside a Chilies?

The sign is on the outside of a chili's in bradenton FL. as posted by someone else it is located in a strip mall.
also i think people took it a little out of hand i'm more or less disturbed by the fact that they are trying scare tactics on something that is much less harmful to everyone around them. As much as i love the fact that more and more people are converting to vaping i'm starting to hate the idea that certain people are converting to them and not having any common respect. when im in a restaurant i always make sure if i need to take a quick drag i do it very discretely and try not to draw attention to myself. For instance i work in a bar/restaurant at night and one day i noticed someone vaping in the dining room and i thought to myself nice people are catching on. well as the night wore on and he got more and more intoxicated i noticed him blowing it intentionally in peoples face as they walked by it infuriated me so i talked to the guy about it and hopefully got threw but i doubt it.

It looks like smoking. The masses have been brainwashed. It will be very difficult to overcome 50 or so years of anti smoking propaganda.
We will be back in the closet. At least the closet won't smell.

couldn't agree more it's rather frustrating. i've never had any complaints just compliments on how good it smelled and a congratulations on quitting. i think the majority of people who are complaining are smokers who are too stubborn, or just jealous cuz they are to scared because they dont know the long term effects which baffles me everytime i hear it.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Not trying to start an argument here.....but what really is so hard about not vaping on the premises?

Just like my wife who can't take a step without texting on her phone, I can't go 5 minutes without a vape.
The nerve of some private businesses! They didn't build that...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Answers in red.

Although I'm not the OP, being a resident of the city/county, I'm very familiar with said establishment and our local smoking/vaping policies.

Thanks Iffy.

So does Chilies own the property 50 Feet from the Sign? Because if they do, then it seems that that portion of the Sign is OK.

And if they Don't own the Property 50 Feet from the Sign, do you know who Might? And are there Any e-Cigarette Use Restrictions in that area?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Doesn't a Businesses Policies come down to One Basic Thing? What Makes the Business More Money.

If Chilies felt that it Could Make More Money by Allowing Vaping in it's Restaurants, wouldn't there be a Sign on the Door that said...

"Vaper's Welcome"

Blaming ANTZ's for All the Evils in the World seems Ubiquitous. But sometimes is it Just about Profit and Loss?

In an ideal world maybe.
In this world the Puritans complained about drinking at our river front concerts. They never went there with their kids. Now there's no drinking and nobody goes so they stopped having them.

Sometimes it is those who are like the ANTZ who are responsible for all the evils in the world.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In an ideal world maybe.
In this world the Puritans complained about drinking at our river front concerts. They never went there with their kids. Now there's no drinking and nobody goes so they stopped having them.

Sometimes it is those who are like the ANTZ who are responsible for all the evils in the world.

I think a Reasonable person would Consider that if Chilies felt they could make More Money by Allowing Vaping inside their Restaurants, then they Would.

Maybe Chilies is Bending to the Will of ANTZ to help Wipe Out Vaping while cutting into their Profits?

Maybe? But then again, maybe Alien's abducted Flight 370?

Anything is Possible.

Crap? What crap? Can I "come in your house and rub my feet all over your couch"(btw, anybody know that quote?)

you know the part that trys to install the fear of getting fined for something that you can't be fined for....if you think that's ok they can try and scare you into following a law that doesn't exist (i searched for ordinances in bradenton against vaping in a public place or anything like that so its not applicable to vaping) then lets make up signs about stuff we don't agree with and threaten people that they will be fined if they listen... if it simply said no smoking or use of ecig it wouldn't be an issue to me atleast but the fact they are trying to make there own ordinances is overstepping there boundaries just sayin

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
(...)
They can tell you to leave, they reserve that right as the business owner. They can also have you removed from their business if they so choose. Again I would not eat there again, not that I eat there anyway they have crap food, crap prices and overpriced alcohol.

(...)

I do however think it should be up to the business owner and not the Government to allow it or not.

Edit: they cannot issue a fine for something that is not ordinance.

Well, how can they ask me to 'leave', or 'remove me from the business', if I'm not even INSIDE, but actually outside, say, 10ft from the door?

I'm all for the business owners deciding if vaping, or even smoking, is allowed. It's them who have to pay their bills at the end of the month after all, and having to comply with a law that will force them to mistreat 80% of their costumers is not good.

But OUTSIDE... really?? Not smoking outside is already harsh even for smoking (Are there any PROPER studies to show that SHS is an health concern out in the open?) . Extending that to vaping is simply insane. These laws are NOT about health anymore. They are rather based on ideology, and in a need for control. The way smokers (and now vapers) are treated reminds of some new form of racism. Pure and simple.

Well, how can they ask me to 'leave', or 'remove me from the business', if I'm not even INSIDE, but actually outside, say, 10ft from the door?

I'm all for the business owners deciding if vaping, or even smoking, is allowed. It's them who have to pay their bills at the end of the month after all, and having to comply with a law that will force them to mistreat 80% of their costumers is not good.

But OUTSIDE... really?? Not smoking outside is already harsh even for smoking (Are there any PROPER studies to show that SHS is an health concern out in the open?) . Extending that to vaping is simply insane. These laws are NOT about health anymore. They are rather based on ideology, and in a need for control. The way smokers (and now vapers) are treated reminds of some new form of racism. Pure and simple.

its discrimination at the very least idk bout racism we aren't our own race

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
you know the part that trys to install the fear of getting fined for something that you can't be fined for....if you think that's ok they can try and scare you into following a law that doesn't exist (i searched for ordinances in bradenton against vaping in a public place or anything like that so its not applicable to vaping) then lets make up signs about stuff we don't agree with and threaten people that they will be fined if they listen... if it simply said no smoking or use of ecig it wouldn't be an issue to me atleast but the fact they are trying to make there own ordinances is overstepping there boundaries just sayin

Its also called common sence....can't use vaping as a way to get around certain laws esp. now as things are hairy with vaping trying to be classified. I would hope all vapers would and want to leave a good taste in the mouth of non smokers and general public!

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Well, they're on private property, so they can do whatever they please.

No, they really can't and I'm a bit tired of reading this sentiment. Business owners who offer their goods or services to the general public must show a specific business interest to refuse said goods or services if the refusal is for reasons that fall outside of a state or federally protected class. For example, a business would not be able to refuse service to patrons with naturally red hair because natural hair color would be considered protected. But they wouldn't be able to refuse service to those who dyed their hair red either because the refusal is arbitrary without a specific business interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread