Already quit cigs, want to start vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I've been reading with interest since i found out about ecigs and this forum seems like a great place to get some recommendations.

After almost 10 years of smoking about 1 pack or more a day and after trying to quit for about half of that time, about 2 years ago i finally managed to quit cold turkey, it wasn't easy and in the whole process i gained 40 pounds but i've been cigarette free since.

I quit because i know how bad smoking is for my health but i still miss the habit, a lot, sitting back and exhaling the smoke and feeling part of the daily stress leave with it... I've caught myself watching other people smoke and inhaling/exhaling at the same time they do :oops:, some things are hard to forget.

This is where the ecig comes in :D

I live in the Dominican Republic so ordering and tying stuff takes a bit of time, i'm trying to get it right the first time even if i try several options on the long run.

From what I've been reading I wouldn't mind manual activation, dripping or bulky units (unless exaggerated) as i only intend to do it either at home or at work a few times a day but i would really enjoy cig-like smoke. I would try different flavors with no nicotine but what i used to smoke was marlboro reds exclusively.

I would like to know what devices some of you would recommend from personal experience to someone in my position.

Thanks in advance,

EA

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
I would like to know what devices some of you would recommend from personal experience to someone in my position.

Chewing Gum
Cinamon flavored ToothPicks

You've already quit smoking. 2 years right?
Don't Start Ecigs. It may lead you back to the real thing.
And that would be perfect ammunition for the Anti Ecig Groups.

These are for people who currently smoke.

Jager Josh

May 5, 2010
Pomona, ca
Damn, congrats on quitting cold turkey first of all!
I too was confused as what to get, but have been researching these forums looking at all the diff reviews

It seems the 510 is the most popular one. The joye or eGo kit is said to have great throat hit, vapor production, and only the battery seems to be the downfall. Unless you get the eGo which has great battery life

andrea0121

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Salem, WI
Chewing Gum
Cinamon flavored ToothPicks

You've already quit smoking. 2 years right?
Don't Start Ecigs. It may lead you back to the real thing.
And that would be perfect ammunition for the Anti Ecig Groups.

These are for people who currently smoke.

Whoa, I don't agree with that at all. There's no nicotene flavoring for a reason. I think reading every one's stories about how they'll never pick up an analog again after vaping is proof enough. This person asked for suggestions on what to buy e-cig wise, not what flavor toothpick to get.

I haven't smoked analogs in 5 months, if I were to quit vaping right now, who is to say I wouldn't pick it up again in a few months/years. It's a hell of a lot better than picking up an analog, that's for sure.

OP - I suggest starting with a joye 510. It's a great starter, I personally like the manual switch. I also prefer blank carts with an array of juices to choose from. If you are going to order, since you're anticipating lengthier shipping, I would adivse buying extra atomizers and blank/filled carts.

best of luck :)

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
If you are gonna go with no-nic, you absolutely cannot beat the doublers from Tasty Vapor....a GIANT 4oz. (120ml) bottle for $15.....and the quality is unsurpassed IMHO

I concur. Wholeheartedly. Every liquid made by Tasty Vapor tastes EXACTLY like what it's DESCRIBED as. (Trust me, NOT normal in the eliquids world!)

Good choice on the 510, but I have to admit that I'm on the fence too about non-smokers picking up ecigs. This IS why they want to ban them guys and yes, you ARE smoke free, so why pick up an ecig? :confused:

Another ECF member has the signature line 'if you don't smoke, don't vape. If you choose to do so, don't look here for support'.

When the threat of banning this product is over, one way or another, different story I guess but?????

Like I said, on the fence...sorry.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
they cant stop the creation of e-cigs at home and they cant shutdown bakerys for selling flavors and VG. using no nic juice seems to be the safest route for anyone as they cant effect the sale of VG an flavor or the sale of flashlights and batterys an basic tools used to make mod units.

You're right, they can't stop ANY of THAT. But, I don't know about what YOU'RE vaping, but I'm vaping NICOTINE and THAT'S what they're going to ban. If that happens, I'm forced 'underground' or, worse yet, back to analogs.

mick11

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
Good choice on the 510, but I have to admit that I'm on the fence too about non-smokers picking up ecigs. This IS why they want to ban them guys and yes, you ARE smoke free, so why pick up an ecig? :confused:
Domino I really really hate this....you concur with my opinion but I'm going to have to most respectfully disagree with yours. The idea that the proposed bans are anything to do with ANYONE's health or well-being, and not more of the same entrenched interests trying to protect their bottom line's is ludicrous. I wish i weren't at work as I feel a lengthy dissertation coming on.........but it's Friday......ya'll officially get a reprieve from the Governor.....for now :rolleyes:

BongoBob

Apr 11, 2010
houston, TX
honestly. i think an ex-smoker picking up an e-cig with no nic shouldnt be a problem.. There is a strong desire for ex-smokers to pick up cigs sometimes in extremely stressful situations. my best friend's mother is an ex smoker, and i've talked to her about the whole situation. she quit smoking MANY MANY years ago after settling into her life, and quitting twice before for long periods (She quit when she was 18. picked it up when she went to college, quit again during college, and picked it up again a few years later, and quit smoking for a third time and has not smoked a cig since then... but she told me she still has cravings for cigarettes after 20+ Years!!! If having an e-cig will quelm the missing hand-to-mouth and smoke process, then i'm all for it if they are going for no nic. if you've destroyed a nic addiction, stick with it! :)

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Not in our lifetime dear....what are R.J and Phillip gonna do about that one? sit by and let it happen....I don't think so

Well, of COURSE you'll still be able to get NICOTINE, if you wanna pick up a pack of SMOKES, that is. :-x

Like I said guys, I'm on the fence about this one. I understand that 0 nic means just that and I don't think there's anything wrong with someone vaping away as a stress release or just as an enjoyable pass-time. :thumbs:

BUT, it's not ME that's in CHARGE...:(

mick11

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
Domino really I have no issue with you at all....actually got a little avatar crush goin for ya :oops:

I do however have an issue with the theory that if we behave and sit and do as we're told MAYBE they will throw us a bone and let us be.....don't believe it. Stand UP....fight injustice...witness our recent healthcare debacle....victory doesn't usually go to the conformist.

To paraphrase Patrick Henry "....but as for me, give me vape or give me death!!!!!!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread