Alternative to JUUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Part of the Pod mods appeal is their small, stealthy, pocket-friendly size. On many college campuses vaping, like smoking, is forbidden so they likely will want to continue to use something stealthy. I admit, you pay a premium for the convenience of a pod mod because of their expensive proprietary replacement pods.

I'm aware that there are some newer pods that allow you to add your own bottled pre-mixed e-liquid to save on e-liquid refills, but I don't know which ones specifically. Perhaps someone will be around later to fill you in, or you could browse the Pod Mod sub-forum. Vape Pod Systems

In fact, I'm curious about this myself. I'll ask which pod systems allow you to add your own e-liquid.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Frankly, I consider the JUUL and other pod systems to be the Starbucks of vaping. It's tasty, it's effective and it's convenient.

It's the convenience that always gets your wallet fodder.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Have two college age kids ...really tired of paying this much.

There is this thing called a job, they should get one. /nod
My daughter is 18 and wanted to start vaping and I told her should could do so when she could afford to pay for it. I'll help with food, clothes, cell phone, and other such necessities, but I will not pay for anything such as any nicotine source, alcohol, tattoos, and other such unnecessary desires. If she wants any of that, she can learn to pay for it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I thought one pack of 4 pods was $16, in 4 weeks that would be $64. Am I missing something?

1. That is probably per kid with 2 kids.
2. OP may live in a state with higher vape taxes that adds the extra $14 per kid.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Part of the Pod mods appeal is their small, stealthy, pocket-friendly size. On many college campuses vaping, like smoking, is forbidden so they likely will want to continue to use something stealthy. I admit, you pay a premium for the convenience of a pod mod because of their expensive proprietary replacement pods.

I'm aware that there are some newer pods that allow you to add your own bottled pre-mixed e-liquid to save on e-liquid refills, but I don't know which ones specifically. Perhaps someone will be around later to fill you in, or you could browse the Pod Mod sub-forum. Vape Pod Systems

In fact, I'm curious about this myself. I'll ask which pod systems allow you to add your own e-liquid.
The warlock peas and the rock boulder both do it. They’re also cheaper.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Correction...they do 1 pack of 4 pods a week, so it's $160 a month. They are not buying this - I am? Again, happy they don't smoke real cigs...looking into cheaper alternative...for now I found Rofvape which is similar and they can refill the pods with regular e-juice.

I'm not understanding, if they can't afford to buy their own pods how could they afford to buy their own cigarettes.

If I were to use a pod type I'd chose the MY.VonErl, vape really well & fairly easy to refill pods.
A couple folks I know that use them report getting 4 - 5 refills & able to change wicking.

Reactions: stols001

Shankar

Jan 29, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Language not appropriate for ECF

greg_s

May 4, 2018
As the Title says, I need something that is stealthy, small and uses e-juice. Have two college age kids and they vape about $80 worth of pods every month...really tired of paying this much, but happy they are not smoking cigs.

Hey guys, I am new to the forum as well as vaping.

I saw this and had to share my experience. I used the JUUL for some time and it helped me quit cigarettes nearly overnight, but it kept messing with my throat...

My friend used a product called FINcigs (traditional ecig), and told me about a new POD which they released that can be used with any liquid.

I have been using my own liquid, and after about a month I have not had any issues. =)

FIN Elite Pod Vape System

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
There is this thing called a job, they should get one. /nod
My daughter is 18 and wanted to start vaping and I told her should could do so when she could afford to pay for it. I'll help with food, clothes, cell phone, and other such necessities, but I will not pay for anything such as any nicotine source, alcohol, tattoos, and other such unnecessary desires. If she wants any of that, she can learn to pay for it.

I agree. When my kids got their drivers license, they got a job soon after. They paid their cell phone, car insurance, and gas for their car. Hubby helped out by providing oil change stuff, but they both learned to change their own oil, and flat tires ( son and daughter).

They’re both putting themselves through college and living on their own now, and they don’t ask for any financial assistance from me. Ever.

Ain’t nobody paid my way after I turned 18.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I too had a job in college. I had a job at 16 (two actually) and it wasn't so much my parents weren't willing to help, I just wanted my own money, to do with as I pleased.

With that said, I'm not sure how hospitable the economic environment is these days for kids. I wanted my kid to get a job when he came of age and I was shocked at the number of employers who don't hire kids anymore (they're an insurance liability for one). I'm just happy he found a part time job at Dollar General meaning he can see to most of his own needs.

But, our economy is AWFUL. Make no mistake. There are many folks (adults) who have to get by on one or two part time jobs (no benefits to pay out either) and Tucson has been deemed "The most affordable city to live on a minimum wage budget."

That's NOT A WINNING thing, and it basically means everything's cheaper here as no one can afford to live. I cannot wait for my kid to move on to greener pastures.

I'm not quite as harsh about vaping, and I understand your desire as a parent to help your kiddos stop smoking (although, unless you funded their smoking habit, I don't see why they can't learn about vaping themselves, and choose their own vapes and etc.) With that said, I do understand your desire to get them in a more healthy place, and honestly, I wouldn't go with a pod, I'd get an inexpensive other type of MTL system, get them to select one that appeals, (whatever it winds up being) and then let them know, moving forward, that coils an juice is up to them.

In fact, I'd encourage you to make them come to ECF, describe what they need/want, and get advice directly. You are doing way too much of the work here, IMO. If they wind up with setups that they can actually afford themselves, well, they may have more buy in.

I don't honestly care if you pay for their vaping habit a while if you can afford it, it's your household and you can do what you want.

I DO think (in terms of continuing vaping) you should encourage their more active participation, so that in the future, if you become unwilling to pay their vaping costs, well, at least they know what to do and how to do it. Also, they may return to smoking. That is their decision, and now they know vaping is an option. Continuing to buy their vapes for the rest of their lives doesn't seem tenable to me.

In college, I worked as a waitress in our "self-created" café, and I drove the drunk bus. They were both fun activities, expect for the time I lost a contact lens my driving was not oh so great that evening.

But there are usually plenty of jobs to be had by students surrounding or even inside their college. I'd encourage you to boost their own productivity, AND their own ability to "fund" whatever it is they're doing. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: faygeleh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread